Page 1 of 1

Hopper adapter? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Idealist Paintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:idealistpaintball

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

I am looking to replace the cyclone feeder on my A5 with another hopper, because the cyclone uses up too much air in my opinion. Are there any adapters out there that will attach to where the cyclone previously was that would allow me to put any standard hopper on it? I've been searching around but can't seem to find anything...

#2 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

Nothing commercially made. If that's your goal, you'd be better off buying a BT-4 and using a regular hopper. The design is pretty similar, other than that.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#3 User is offline   Idealist Paintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:idealistpaintball

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

View PostJackRock, on Jan 5 2009, 05:30 PM, said:

Nothing commercially made. If that's your goal, you'd be better off buying a BT-4 and using a regular hopper. The design is pretty similar, other than that.

I thought I had seen something like what I described before, but I guess not...

I would get a BT-4, but I already have my A5 and I'm saving up some money for an Invert Mini.

#4 User is offline   TheEnglishGuy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

Just saw this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220341828528

looks like a great idea but I'm worried about the overhang of the hopper, as from the pictures any scope/sight would be blocked with this setup. Some kind of offset or angled feed might be required.

English.

Feedback Link : http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...l=theenglishguy

#5 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:09 AM

Also, the cyclone doesn't use any excess gas if my knowledge is correct, the gas is just blowback gases that will be expelled anyways IIRC. It's just the nature of the beast to be inefficient.

But you can make one out of a Q-elbow (it will require you to cut off the cyclone "finger".) and just rig a way to get it to stay vertical, ask Evil Fingers, he did it IIRC.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#6 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

I tend to think of the cylone as one of the main features of the A5 / X7.

But this does look to be an interesting item which could even be a quicker fix should someone have a cyclone ratchet problem.

Personaly my ratchet has failed only once, and this was a couple of games shortly after buying a second hand X7. A tech team was on site as it was a major scenario game so I was just able to hand it over and get the metal ratchet upgrade fitted.

If this was listed in the UK I'd be tempted to get one just to try it as it is certainly less drastic then the modification to the body for a QLoader etc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users