• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Airsoft Parts where do you find broken airsoft guns

#16 Guest_Oily_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:59 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Nov 28 2007, 03:28 PM, said:

Any airsoft shells that are actually capable of housing a paintball gun would have to be hollow and thus would be crap. It would just fall apart on you. The difference between airsoft-grade parts and paintball-grade parts is the difference between night and day. If you want a SAW, ask Engler Paintball. At least their stuff is top quality. Be prepared to pay, though.

Another case of "you haven't got a clue what your talking about"

I wish people would do a little research before spouting off rubbish like above :P

Granted the cheap 'market stall' airsoft weapons you buy for a few $$ aren't worth the hassle but quality airsoft SAW's made by Top&CA are metal bodied.

#17 User is offline   Funky Diver 

• D I V E R, as in one who Dives, not one who has a Ferrari...
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:14 AM

What he said ^^

We've both (Oily and I) made numerous conversions using Mid-Market Airsoft shells. The SAW's are metal bodied, and other versions, like P90, FN2000, etc are ABS... and rugged. Else we wouldn't have done them, and we certainly wouldn't sell them.

We (Oily and I) can get SAW Airsofts for around $400 plus shipping as stated. Just follow the link in Oily's signature. (pbnation.co.uk)

#18 User is offline   Spike21 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPIKE21

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

Thanks you guys(especially funky diver, oily, and warcowboy, you guys are awseme)

I have had experience with cheap plastic ones and I absolutely hated them.

Funky Diver, you said you could get me a shell, is a M249 SAW the only one available. Listening to what you guys have said i might put the SAW to the side and do a project or two before.

#19 User is offline   Elfonso 

• South Paw.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Thunderbyrd

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

View PostBobbjoe, on Nov 26 2007, 10:55 PM, said:

airsoft guns are dirt cheap if you buy for the shell and nothing else. You can pick up a metal spring powered airsoft gun for around $40.

View PostSpike21, on Nov 28 2007, 08:55 PM, said:

Then you're probably not going to like my stock... :D

Posted Image

Tapco Stock: 40$
Making your own that's just as good: Priceless

Anyways, it really depends on the airsoft gun, and more specifcally, what parts. On any airsoft gun, they're going to be strong points (like the stock now on my 98), and weak points (like the barrel where the stock came from).

As for where to find... I'd say ebay. Though, it would be hard to find a SAW airsoft body cheap, if you can even find one at all. Good luck.

This post has been edited by Elfonso: 28 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

Paintballer AND Airsofter

98% of forum members have a stupid, far-fetched statistic like this in their sig. If you're in the 2% that don't, post this in your sig.

#20 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• ~Fastest Gun In The East!~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Suicide Kings

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:52 PM

Wow, Im suprised that Warden Wolf made sucha comment...
My airsoft mods are far from crap, but what ever you say.

Oily does have a very good point however.
The higher end airsoft setups, are ofcoarse more expensive, but you get what you pay for.
I have held the Tokyo Marui P90 before, and it was hard to see the difference between it, and the real deal.
I have held the real version multiple times to. The plastic on the Marui even felt like the real polymer.
As funky diver will state also, that doesnt mean that every version has to be the high dollar airsoft to function perfectly.
The cheaper models of the P90 for instance, hold up just fine, via the nature of the compact design.
You should avoid anything cheap, that has a fold stock, or anything that requires frequent movement.
These do not tend to hold up well, but the ridgide designed one piece stock models, such as my SL9 hold up very well.
My cousin is the speed ball bunker your a** type, and he was very scepticle of the SL9.
So I let him borrow it, and give it the test. He said that he was impressed with how well it held up, and even dived on it durring one round, and crawled to a barrier. He brought it home with a few battle scars, but not a single break.
The SL9 isnt designed for that sorta play, but the point is it held up without an issue for all 8hrs of that 300+ man game.
In my opinion, if you are hard enough on your gear to break it, then your playing poorly anyhow to have any real concern of wanting a milsim styled paintball setup to worry with. After all, the point of milsim, is to recreate the feeling of useing the actual weapon, that you wouldnt mistreat like you would a speed ball marker. Not unless you want to remain alive on the real battle field.
Anyhow, thats my take on it, speakin from personal experience, time and time again.

Spike21 - As long as you choose your first marker wisely, I feel you'll be successfull with patience and practice.
Thanks for your comments about Diver, Oily, and myself. We always appreciate "appreciation"!

#21 User is offline   Spike21 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

^^
Wow, I never knew some of that stuff, i always thought cheaper=thinner plastic and expensive=metal. Thank you for enlightening me, do you have any suggestions to what a good first complete body mod would be.

#22 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

View PostOily, on Nov 28 2007, 11:59 AM, said:

Granted the cheap 'market stall' airsoft weapons you buy for a few $$ aren't worth the hassle but quality airsoft SAW's made by Top&CA are metal bodied.

And CA's guns are notorious for snapping in half for using terrible pot-metal. :)
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#23 User is offline   Funky Diver 

• D I V E R, as in one who Dives, not one who has a Ferrari...
  • PipPip

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:13 PM

View PostSpike21, on Nov 28 2007, 07:55 PM, said:

Thanks you guys(especially funky diver, oily, and warcowboy, you guys are awseme)

Thankyou

View PostSpike21, on Nov 28 2007, 07:55 PM, said:

Funky Diver, you said you could get me a shell, is a M249 SAW the only one available. Listening to what you guys have said i might put the SAW to the side and do a project or two before.

PM Me or Oily, sure we can sort something out for you. Just have a think about what it is you want to do :)

View PostVeritech Squad, on Nov 29 2007, 12:34 AM, said:

View PostOily, on Nov 28 2007, 11:59 AM, said:

And CA's guns are notorious for snapping in half for using terrible pot-metal. ;)

The point I believe Oily was making is that the majority of airsoft manufacturers don't always use cheap plastic. BUT I never take notice of sweeping statements (no disrespect intended)

I've never come across a shell that has snapped in half, sure, chips and scratches... but what do you expect running around the woods?

This post has been edited by Funky Diver: 28 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

#24 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

i found a airsoft mp5 for only 20 bucks O_o....

#25 User is offline   Spike21 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

I have strayed from my idea quite a bit from now. I am wondering if making a HK21 out of and A5, HK91 parts, and try to do Oily's ammo box mod is possible.

#26 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:41 PM

View PostSpike21, on Nov 30 2007, 12:28 PM, said:

I have strayed from my idea quite a bit from now. I am wondering if making a HK21 out of and A5, HK91 parts, and try to do Oily's ammo box mod is possible.

The Butt Sock and the Handguard will work on the A5 with some Minor Modding, as for the Grip, hard to say which type of grip that is, meaning is it the Ergo Grip Insert or is it the Grip that is mounted to the Main Body by using 1 or 2 screws inside.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 30 November 2007 - 01:42 PM

#27 User is offline   Spike21 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

I'm not sure, i don't plan to change the grip anyway, but thanks.

#28 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:23 AM

I have noticed that a lot of people are directing places to buy the marker that we are trying to mod from another marker. It sounds like he wants to do this mod just to do it not to buy it already made.

I too am currently working on my first body mod with an airsoft gun being turned into a paintball gun. A bolt action M24 is what I am trying to do. But I am thinking of going for a more exotic sniper rifle that has a mag and turning the mag into an actual mag that can feed paintballs.

This post has been edited by magnadoid: 01 January 2008 - 05:41 AM

You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users