Special Ops Paintball: What kind of gun and kit should i buy to make a great sniper gun? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What kind of gun and kit should i buy to make a great sniper gun? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SNIPER123X 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:07 PM

I've been playing paintball for awhile, but i have no idea on what gun, kits, or parts that i should get to make a nice sniper gun. Right now i have a spyder pilot ACS. If anyone has any tips or info for me on what gun, kit, or parts that i should get, please give it to me so i can start making a good sniper gun. Thanks :laugh:

#2 User is offline   CONFIRMEDKILL 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CONFIRMEDKILL

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

Wrong place, ask a Moderator (Someone with a colored name), to move it for you

And it has been discussed many times

Try the Sniper Forum

Also, about the question, my opinion is go buy an Automag.

This post has been edited by CONFIRMEDKILL: 16 December 2007 - 12:29 PM

#3 User is offline   Tippmanns :-) 

• Dont give up
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:hellmiran_guy

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

i say automags are loud but great markers anywho...

any marker can be used as a sniper but some have benefits.

what the 'ideal' sniper needs:
Accuracy
Stealth
Quiet
Reliablity
comfort/ergonomics

Accuracy is gained by good paint (high quality paint and make sure its all dry). And a good barrel. Most any aftermarket barrel will be plenty accurate. Paint Size to Barrel Bore Ratio is key also. barrel kits come in handy here to match paint. Regulators also will shoot up accuracy by firing each ball with the same FPS and causing a better 'grouping'. Also you need to make sure you can sight down your gun. your gun can shoot lasers but if it isnt aim'd at your target...gonna be hard to hit it. im not saying spend $70 on a nice red dot. If your sight rail(if have one) is accurate fine. if you need a cheap red dot, even better.

Stealth- This co-relates with Quietness. The quiter your marker the better. Also darker colors and camo help hide your marker. Q-loaders get rid of a hopper ontop but are expensive and arent really needed. If your gun is gonna be REALLY long its gonna be hard to keep it hidden...real sniper rifles are long for a reason...paintball its for 'the cool factor' or sometimes for performance. To keep your marker quiet here are some things to consider. Longer barrel equals quiter barrel. Porting= quiter (dye barrels and stiffi barrels are crazy quiet...Dye>Stiffi.....The lower pressure your marker the quiter. Matrix's are crazy quiet becuase they run at 130-150psi...Tippmanns/Mags are crazy loud cuz they run on 800-900psi.

Reliabilty- If you pop out to take a shot and your gun doesnt fire....or it does fire once,twice, dead.........if they see you you're done.

Comfort/Ergonomics- if you put someone in your sights and have to wait for a decent shot...and its hard to hold them in the crosshair...thats not good...going remote or a stock can help lighten the load and ease aim'ing. Also if its a heavy marker and bulky it can keep you from getting into that perfect spot. Or if u are outman'd/gun'd it can slow you down while running. It can fatigue you also and weaken your performance physically.

Good Marker Bases:
Autocockers: Mech cockers are extremely reliable...among the fastest firing mechs...CRAZY customizable. Efficient. QUIET QUIET and very very cheap...im crazy bout these guns...
Ion: Blackcell kit availible. Low pressure=quiet. fast firing. reliable. lightweight VERY cheap.
Tippmanns: Cheap, Reliable.............parts avialible.....kind of a begginer gun....get what pay for....(they arent bad...but there is SO much better for price)
High-ends- Quiet, light, fast, accurate
Pumps: rely on skill....conserve paint easy. reliable (phantoms).

if you havnt noticed...im naming MANY diff guns...almost anything works

But all in all make sure you have a reliable marker, that has a nice barrel, not bulky, has a regulator, HPA is a HUGE +++.
Feedback! plz post if u havnt yet... Thank you

Barrels for Sale

^^^A-5, 98c, Autococker, freak, boomstick, flatline^^^

#4 User is offline   SNIPER123X 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:45 PM

View PostTippmanns :-), on Dec 16 2007, 03:21 PM, said:

i say automags are loud but great markers anywho...

any marker can be used as a sniper but some have benefits.

what the 'ideal' sniper needs:
Accuracy
Stealth
Quiet
Reliablity
comfort/ergonomics

Accuracy is gained by good paint (high quality paint and make sure its all dry). And a good barrel. Most any aftermarket barrel will be plenty accurate. Paint Size to Barrel Bore Ratio is key also. barrel kits come in handy here to match paint. Regulators also will shoot up accuracy by firing each ball with the same FPS and causing a better 'grouping'. Also you need to make sure you can sight down your gun. your gun can shoot lasers but if it isnt aim'd at your target...gonna be hard to hit it. im not saying spend $70 on a nice red dot. If your sight rail(if have one) is accurate fine. if you need a cheap red dot, even better.

Stealth- This co-relates with Quietness. The quiter your marker the better. Also darker colors and camo help hide your marker. Q-loaders get rid of a hopper ontop but are expensive and arent really needed. If your gun is gonna be REALLY long its gonna be hard to keep it hidden...real sniper rifles are long for a reason...paintball its for 'the cool factor' or sometimes for performance. To keep your marker quiet here are some things to consider. Longer barrel equals quiter barrel. Porting= quiter (dye barrels and stiffi barrels are crazy quiet...Dye>Stiffi.....The lower pressure your marker the quiter. Matrix's are crazy quiet becuase they run at 130-150psi...Tippmanns/Mags are crazy loud cuz they run on 800-900psi.

Reliabilty- If you pop out to take a shot and your gun doesnt fire....or it does fire once,twice, dead.........if they see you you're done.

Comfort/Ergonomics- if you put someone in your sights and have to wait for a decent shot...and its hard to hold them in the crosshair...thats not good...going remote or a stock can help lighten the load and ease aim'ing. Also if its a heavy marker and bulky it can keep you from getting into that perfect spot. Or if u are outman'd/gun'd it can slow you down while running. It can fatigue you also and weaken your performance physically.

Good Marker Bases:
Autocockers: Mech cockers are extremely reliable...among the fastest firing mechs...CRAZY customizable. Efficient. QUIET QUIET and very very cheap...im crazy bout these guns...
Ion: Blackcell kit availible. Low pressure=quiet. fast firing. reliable. lightweight VERY cheap.
Tippmanns: Cheap, Reliable.............parts avialible.....kind of a begginer gun....get what pay for....(they arent bad...but there is SO much better for price)
High-ends- Quiet, light, fast, accurate
Pumps: rely on skill....conserve paint easy. reliable (phantoms).

if you havnt noticed...im naming MANY diff guns...almost anything works

But all in all make sure you have a reliable marker, that has a nice barrel, not bulky, has a regulator, HPA is a HUGE +++.

yeah i'm goin to get a ion with a blackcell kit.

were can i get a good gillie suit :D

#5 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

I'm not sure what kit you're looking at but, the Longbow and Q-Bow kits are $340-$400 and, on top of that, you have the cost of the Ion, easily putting you in the $600 range for a marker of questionable quality and reliability. I would strongly recommend you look at the possibility of either getting a Phantom with a Cocker adapter and a good barrel kit or getting something like a used 06 Cyborg with a barrel kit. Even an Automag or PMR with a barrel kit would be a better option. Although they may not "look like" a sniper weapon, they are much more reliable and much better markers.

Remember, the key points are quiet, accurate and reliable. Quiet can be had by anything listed above except for the Automag. Accurate is 95% barrel. Reliability is good-great on all of those except the Ion.

#6 User is offline   tnert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:42 PM

a aftermarket barrel probly 16 inch for a sniper would help your acuracy a decent acs bolt would help shot consisisty.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com

#7 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

View PostSNIPER123X, on Dec 16 2007, 11:07 AM, said:

I've been playing paintball for awhile, but i have no idea on what gun, kits, or parts that i should get to make a nice sniper gun. Right now i have a spyder pilot ACS. If anyone has any tips or info for me on what gun, kit, or parts that i should get, please give it to me so i can start making a good sniper gun. Thanks :P

Check with Rap4.com, they have alot of Spyder Mods and Upgrades in their Online Store.

#8 User is offline   DvS21 

• Duct Tape; saving lives since 1942
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raiden21

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

View PostThirdI, on Dec 16 2007, 08:39 PM, said:

I'm not sure what kit you're looking at but, the Longbow and Q-Bow kits are $340-$400 and, on top of that, you have the cost of the Ion, easily putting you in the $600 range for a marker of questionable quality and reliability. I would strongly recommend you look at the possibility of either getting a Phantom with a Cocker adapter and a good barrel kit or getting something like a used 06 Cyborg with a barrel kit. Even an Automag or PMR with a barrel kit would be a better option. Although they may not "look like" a sniper weapon, they are much more reliable and much better markers.

Remember, the key points are quiet, accurate and reliable. Quiet can be had by anything listed above except for the Automag. Accurate is 95% barrel. Reliability is good-great on all of those except the Ion.

I know you're a good guy but have you ever shot a Mag? I know my cousins is freaking stealthy as hell, it's an Xvalve with ule body/rail combo and an Ego frame conversion, the thing rips fast as anything and is really quiet IMHO. I have a mag too similar to his, and I know that it's not a super low pressure cocker but it comes real close. Automags are for sure no a5, why do you think SO decided to use it for their 'sniper' marker?

PBN Feedback AO Feedback SOP Feedback
"We could do a raffle, I've got some random bowling trophies somewhere. Everyone needs a bowling trophy." - DigitalPirate
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones

#9 User is offline   derekbo 

• derek
  • Pip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

nothing says sniper like a ego

Attached File(s)

www.ganggreenpb.com

#10 User is offline   SteelHearted 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

A phantom, stock class.
Look up some info on it and you'll see it's the best choice.

------------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by: St. Croix paintball Supply, Splattag, CC military surplus, WPN paintball.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users