• You cannot reply to this topic

Fires in San Diego I'm there! Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

Yea, I heard he was pretty emotional during it. If anyone finds the video, post it!

#47 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

Thats pretty scary man. I'm glad I'm not there. The biggest fire I've been near is a mansion that burned down.

I'm glad it didn't happen here in georgia though, we have no water!

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#48 User is offline   stryker2-1 

• Stryker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98c_for_hire

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

anybody tell me if santee was hit? i know lakeside and all that is burnin and all, but not sure exactly where its all at. i used to live all over east county,(el cajon, santee, spring valley lakeside mostly the house in santee though) born in grossmont hospital, the whole 9... just curious how close to my old pad the fires are/were... i seen on the news what looked to be the (i think) research tower(never really knew what it was) over by mission gorge rd... all over mission trails.

#49 User is offline   GHOSTRECON12 

• is an alaskin with night vision goggles
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTRECON12

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

i was takin a walk once and a fuel station caught on fire and BOOM the sound was so loud all the shops i was walking by glass shattered and a huge fire was at least 100 yards away
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender--Winston Churchill

#50 User is offline   Mech CB 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:25 PM

View Poststryker2-1, on Oct 24 2007, 02:34 PM, said:

anybody tell me if santee was hit? i know lakeside and all that is burnin and all, but not sure exactly where its all at. i used to live all over east county,(el cajon, santee, spring valley lakeside mostly the house in santee though) born in grossmont hospital, the whole 9... just curious how close to my old pad the fires are/were... i seen on the news what looked to be the (i think) research tower(never really knew what it was) over by mission gorge rd... all over mission trails.

Santee is good. I'll try to get a current map

#51 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dýoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

Jeez at this point there won't be much of SoCal left. I have no clue why more aid hasnt come yet. I mean after Katrina you would think they would be racing aid to disasters. I know there are a lot of people here already, but obviously it's not enough.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#52 User is offline   Mech CB 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

well, I can't find a good map, but go on signonsandiego.com and they have one that should work for your computer. As far as aid, yea I'm pretty suprised too. I mean, when you think about it-fire is the slowest type of disaster you can have. Everything else happens real quick. So they should have more people here by now. I think that what might be happening is the rest of the country just doesn't realize how bad the situation really is and keep waiting on the firefighters to put it out. It's taken them this long to figure out that that's not going to happen that easily so now help is coming in. We have my future father-in-law told me last night that we have fire fighters finally coming from san antone to help us. Hopefully other cities are following suit.

EDIT: As of right now, I'm gonna be at camp pendleton fighting the fires tomorrow, so wish me luck!!! You know when I get back I'll give ya'll some stories right from the lines.

This post has been edited by Mechanical CB: 24 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

#53 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:30 PM

View Postike123, on Oct 24 2007, 03:58 PM, said:

Jeez at this point there won't be much of SoCal left. I have no clue why more aid hasnt come yet. I mean after Katrina you would think they would be racing aid to disasters. I know there are a lot of people here already, but obviously it's not enough.

Two words: government efficiency (or lack therof).

It's a simple, sad fact that anything the government is involved in is highly inefficient at what it does. That's been true as long as I can remember, so it's not affiliated with any particular administration.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed the news that they've ruled some of the fires that started this huge inferno as arson and are looking for the individuals responsible?
Member of Team Akkadian

#54 User is offline   zguy95135 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:28 AM

View PostMechanical CB, on Oct 24 2007, 04:04 PM, said:

well, I can't find a good map, but go on signonsandiego.com and they have one that should work for your computer. As far as aid, yea I'm pretty suprised too. I mean, when you think about it-fire is the slowest type of disaster you can have. Everything else happens real quick. So they should have more people here by now. I think that what might be happening is the rest of the country just doesn't realize how bad the situation really is and keep waiting on the firefighters to put it out. It's taken them this long to figure out that that's not going to happen that easily so now help is coming in. We have my future father-in-law told me last night that we have fire fighters finally coming from san antone to help us. Hopefully other cities are following suit.

EDIT: As of right now, I'm gonna be at camp pendleton fighting the fires tomorrow, so wish me luck!!! You know when I get back I'll give ya'll some stories right from the lines.

http://searchenginel...1023-111626.php

The 2nd one is a good one

#55 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:49 AM

View PostThalion, on Oct 24 2007, 10:30 PM, said:

On a different note, has anyone else noticed the news that they've ruled some of the fires that started this huge inferno as arson and are looking for the individuals responsible?

Officials: Major California Wildfire Declared Arson

And check this one out

50 Illegal Immigrants Surrender After Fleeing Fire on Mexican Border

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 25 October 2007 - 02:52 AM

#56 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:07 AM

I suspected arson from the start. This many fires, simultaneously, all over southern California, and spread out...that just doesn't happen naturally. An entire region does not spontaneously combust at once.

#57 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:12 PM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Oct 25 2007, 10:07 AM, said:

I suspected arson from the start. This many fires, simultaneously, all over southern California, and spread out...that just doesn't happen naturally. An entire region does not spontaneously combust at once.

Thats True, but what I dont get is this...why havent the Officials of Southern California done anything to prevent such a disaster from happening, they have the resources and the means to prevent all that has happened already from happening again every year.

#58 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:14 PM

Like brush clearing and other measures to prevent natural fires? Or prevention of arson?

#59 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:24 PM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Oct 25 2007, 12:14 PM, said:

Like brush clearing and other measures to prevent natural fires? Or prevention of arson?

The Prevention of Arson in those areas is about Clearing Dry Brush and it shows it hasnt been done.

Ive see it done every year, up here in Northern California before the Summer Season, every county sends out a Fire Team to burn a dry area before it can turn into a disaster.

#60 User is offline   Trial 

• In the beginning, there was Jack...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRIAL

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:41 PM

View PostagentM192, on Oct 22 2007, 08:47 PM, said:

Wow that sucks. I hope you're alright. You could always move to NY and never worry about wildfires again!

But then he would have to worry about wildsnowings and wildMTAstrikes and wildterroristthreats!

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users