Special Ops Paintball: "New" Phantom Model???! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"New" Phantom Model???! Based on Phantom Revolution Prototype from years ago? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

http://www.mcarterbr...arket-soon.html

Today while I was placing a telephone order for parts and talking with Mike Casady, the originator of the Phantom and owner of CCI, he mentioned that he has been working very hard on getting a new marker ready for market. I about dropped my phone and collected myself and said, ”A NEW Marker?!?!” Mike said that he has been very busy getting parts machined and ready to bring a prototype to an upcoming Pump Event. He told me that the new Phantom is based on a design that he had prototyped back in 1996. (After we got off the phone, I did some research and found that it was called the Phantom Revolution.) Mike said that he has been wanting to get back to utilizing the design that he had developed, and his original intentions were to bringing it to market as a 25th Anniversary Edition, when his company reached its 25th year of producing Phantoms, which is about a year and a half from now. Due to what he sees as great potential for rapid growth in the Pump Market, he decided that the time is right, to bring the new marker to the market rather than waiting until later.

I wasn’t taking notes, so this is from memory of what I considered to be a fascinating conversation. Mike explained that the mechanism will require pumping, only to chamber the ball, which will make for a very smooth pump stroke. The cocking of the firing system will be done by a mechanism related to the Revolution, which from what I could find “on line” is a semi-auto, electric micro-motor rotating bolt.

He said that he is excited about the possibilities that the new marker will provide. It bringing together other ideas that he has wanted to incorporate into the marker, that he has been working on for quite a while. He said that the current Phantom will stay in production forever but the new marker would meet new areas of growing demand that the Pump Market is experiencing. I'd say his timing is pretty good!
That is some pretty exciting news!!!

#2 User is offline   Chem Daddy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chem Daddy

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

More CCI goodness! Can't wait to see how the new marker performs.
Back off man! I'm a scientist!
Pumps rock.

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

Some of the people over there are saying it was "planned" to be released in a year and a half but may be as soon as this summer :o

Just got off the Phone with Mike.

Yes something new is in the works.

He is designing a compact, holsterable pump gun using some of the technology of the old Phantom Revolution as a means to solve the biggest problem most people complaine about with the Phantom, the pump stroke. He is planning a slide style pump, with diferent styles eventually available. He did mention that you should be able to cock it with just one finger (possibly even off the same hand you are using to shoot the gun)

This will be a higher priced gun than the Phantom for sure though we didn't talk specifics as I got the impression that he is to early in the development of it to give specifics.

You will not be getting this, or likely even pictures of it soon. He said he still has over 20 parts to make for it and that after it is all made and he has tested it he has some locals that he is going to have "hammer on it" so that by the time it reaches us it should have all the bugs worked out of it.

internally different grip frame along with operation of the whole marker,, pump will be slide rather than pump, min amount of resistance.

Still has a little ways to go. 12g will not go in grip. 12g same options as now.

Looking to get 35-40 shots. 4oz tanks 450 shots 13ci 300+ shots.

A big NO NO NO to batteries.

name officially The Revolution. Since he already has the TM info for that name, stuck with it."

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 11 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

#4 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Schwing!
Posted Image

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

^ Lol...classic.

On topic: I wonder if the pump handle could be held back & the marker used in semi mode, or is the handle some how connected to the trigger as well? Interesting.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#6 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

Interesting point - I imagine that he wouldn't "want" it to be able to go into semi-mode without repeated pumpstrokes, but hard to say. Perhaps by pulling back the pump it would open the breech under a single paintball, and some sort of wall would come up to prevent further paintballs from entering without pushing pump forward again? Like:

Pump forward: breech closed, but balls can reach space above breech - pump back ... breach open, but balls are cut off from breach.

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, I can visualize that. But, that means the feedneck would have to be taller & have some integrated mechanism w/ the pump action... seems kinda cumbersome. I would think that having the handle integrated w/ the trigger, not allowing it to be pulled when the handle is back, would be more streamlined. But in reality, what do I know, I'm not a professional airsmith/engineer. On top of that, we are honestly just BS'ing since we have no idea how the marker operates... but it is fun :laugh:.

This post has been edited by ger: 11 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#8 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

View Postger, on 11 March 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

Yeah, I can visualize that. But, that means the feedneck would have to be taller & have some integrated mechanism w/ the pump action... seems kinda cumbersome. I would think that having the handle integrated w/ the trigger, not allowing it to be pulled when the handle is back, would be more streamlined. But in reality, what do I know, I'm not a professional airsmith/engineer. On top of that, we are honestly just BS'ing since we have no idea how the marker operates... but it is fun :laugh:.

Haha yeah, far from being an engineer - I don't even know differences between all the various trigger mechanisms.

#9 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

So much for people listening to Mike when he asks you not to share the information.

Yes there is a new gun coming. He is trying very hard to get it at least prototype ready for the OSC event in Nevada.
If it is not ready by then he is trying to have it at SuperGame.

I will be at both events....if the prototype is ready to use...I have been promised a turn with her in my hands.

Pictures will come...even if it never makes operational status. I make an annual event of visitingthe CCI shop when I am in Newberg for SuperGame.

I will share any information I am told I can share by Mike.

The one sure thing I have been told...."One handed operation."

#10 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

Haha yeah, figured what the heck its already on several sites and I'm not a dealer :P I got the idea Mike let it slip by accident but dunno if that fellow on MCB was a dealer.

#11 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Mike has been in the paintball industry long enough...longer than most...nothing slipped by accident.

Little leaks like these are perfect suspence builders!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users