• You cannot reply to this topic

Daggers? Well, what is it? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wags94 

• Wags
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wags

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

What exactly is a dagger? I read things and appearantly daggers run, they run like hell. But what is their true purpose on the field? Are they in the fight and only called on to flank? Or are they sabres until called to flank?
Paintballer
Cross-Country Runner

#2 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

I am no professional when it comes to paintball but I will try to help define a dagger at the risk of someone else coming in and making me look like a total idiot. A light rifleman is basically someone who is just another member of the team but who designs his play style and his gear around his specific talents relating to speed and endurance.

It looks to me like you have the concept of walking "point" down. That is a major part of the light riflemans duties. It stands to reason that you would have one of your fastest players leading the way and trying to spook the other team. In my experience and reading I have also learned that it is a huge advantage to cover as much ground as possible as soon as the game starts. Having 1 or 2 players 50 yards further into the field gives your team 50 yds it doesn't have to fight for and gives the other team an extra 50 yds they DO have to fight for. So we add the role of a ground gaining sprinter to the list.

You mentioned flanking, and that also is a pivotal role of a Dagger. Getting someone around to a better angle as fast as possible is essential. Those holding the enemy at bay will only last so long before someone gets a lucky shot through. I had a game this weekend where I held someones attention while my brother-in-law circled around. He got stuck in some brambles and I was eliminated before he could get a good shot. Speed is key in almost everything a light rifleman does.

If you are ever playing a game with objectives, like capture the flag, the dagger will usually be selected to be the "runner". I have a brother-in-law who was on the cross country team and ran fast. One game we got the flag and handed it to him. He handed us his gun and took off. nobody was able to catch up to him.

I think the most important thing to remember as a dagger is that you are still part of a team. You will probably get chances to do some crazy stuff because it comes with the title, but if it isn't benefitting the team then it is just for show. Anything the team needs done FAST is probably on your dirty job list. Be fearless and "Git r dun!"

Hope this helped a little.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#3 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:51 PM

Sorry to reply again so soon. I just noticed that your question seems to ask more about what a dagger is doing when he is not flanking and leading. Well. . . in a normal game I can imagine those 2 items of business taking all of your time. A dagger is usually not placed on defense and the typical dagger is also not going to be slowly "creeping" through the forest. You are most likely going to be a part of a group of attackers. When attacking you are usually going to be either on the move or bogged down in a fire fight. If you are moving you will usually be walking "point". If you are fighting then flanking is going to be your main concern.
I am not saying that there is nothing else for a dagger to do, I just can't think of any other situations, off the top of my head, that would make up a major portion of gameplay. Who knows. I still consider myself a noob. I could easily be wrong.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#4 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:54 PM

A dagger would be what the snake player is on the speedball field. Your in the face of your opponents causing mass mayhem and destruction.
Boss Paintball

#5 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

A shortrange sprinter and a charger

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic