Special Ops Paintball: Safety for playing unique paintball - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Safety for playing unique paintball need some advice guys!

#1 User is offline   mrfranswa 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

Hello everybody!

My team and I are planning on having some Halloween fun, so we were thinking about playing some zombie paintball with our pumps and pistols. Basically, there's a few survivors while the opposing team needs to tag them out. It has worked pretty well so far, however I would like to know some safety tips, so I could possibly propose it for the field.

As of right now it is pretty simple. Get tagged and your a zombie. Zombies can only be out with head shots. markers are max crono'd at 180 since close range combat can get a little hectic, and zombies are urged to either wear full face shields, or to wear other protection. Tagging is a simple tag, any grabbing is off limits.

I know that any sort of contact is always bad for paintball, (it only takes one schmuck to tackle someone for the day to be ruined), and shooting a marker within 5 feet is always bad news, however would everyone agree that MAX 170-180 is good? From what I can tell, at that FPS it is impossible to get those long distance breaks, however it is still fast enough short distance to get breaks and not leave any marks when you fire within 5 feet, (as long as you are wearing full coverage.

Thanks guys, and I wish everyone luck fending off the zombie apocalypse!

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:15 PM

View Postmrfranswa, on Oct 8 2008, 01:47 PM, said:

...and zombies are urged to either wear full face shields, or to wear other protection.
Never play paintball w/ anything less than an approved paintball mask. No airsoft goggles, ski goggles, shop glasses, sunglasses, etc...

As for FPS - having it that low would engourage close quarter firing, if that's what you want then fine. Many places that play CQB chrono lower than a standard field. The field I play at regularly has a limit at 290 - there are some chances for close firing but not that many. Besides, welts go away eventually.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

for the indoor arena my local field had, the chrono was 240 IIRC... I'd be a little worried about getting shot in the mask from that close... maybe institute a no fire in 10 feet rule or something...
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#4 User is offline   LoopyDood 

• Evacuate the Earth
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:37 PM

View Postger, on Oct 8 2008, 04:15 PM, said:

View Postmrfranswa, on Oct 8 2008, 01:47 PM, said:

...and zombies are urged to either wear full face shields, or to wear other protection.
Never play paintball w/ anything less than an approved paintball mask. No airsoft goggles, ski goggles, shop glasses, sunglasses, etc...

He means headshields and etc., I think.

#5 User is offline   mrfranswa 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:25 PM

Of course the zombies will be wearing face shields! Are you crazy?!?!! With us, we have the full face sheilds and neck protectors for zombos! Even at only 180fps a nearly point blank shot is still incredibly painful.

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

What was meant and what was actually written are two different things. "Full face shields" & "head shields" are not the same thing. I'm just trying to make sure everyone's staying safe here. I know people who have been dumb enough in their youth to play w/ only ski goggles (outlaw of course, not an organized field) - and no, it wasn't me :laugh:.

We play a zombie game at our field at special event days (not scenarios or open play days). Lots of players, usually 80-150 - it can get pretty crazy. Being a zombie is a blessing and a curse, sure you only die w/ headshots, but that just means there is a ton of paint flying at you trying to get that headshot! In your case if it's just pistol/pump it wouldn't be an issue.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:23 AM

View Postger, on Oct 9 2008, 09:17 PM, said:

youth to play w/ only ski goggles (outlaw of course, not an organized field) - and no, it wasn't me :laugh:.

They most not be using the same snow goggles I use. I'd be really angry if mine got shot (Oakley's :P)

But I don't think you need to chrono any lower than 250. You're not exactly using high bps markers here. You might take one shot while trying to tag someone.
Other than that, it seems cheddar. We did something like this on Halloween, except Zombies had pumps/pistols and were only killed by a headshot. Survivors had normal gear and were killed/turned by a headshot.
But we knew all the players, so we knew no one was going to sit there and blast away at a zombie so he'd submit.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

Depending on the marker, you might not be able to go that low.

For example, a phantom might not be able to go that low without the bolt and hammer kinking which causes the stroke to be really stiff and it causes extra wear to internals. It's caused by the velocity adjuster being backed out too much.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users