Special Ops Paintball: A little bit of newbie help... - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A little bit of newbie help... The Angel A1 and me.

#16 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

I've bought 2 of there bottles, both bottles need the regs replaced with in 6 months, better stuff out there for the price, especially now with DXS and CP

#17 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHFORCE

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

DXS has caught my attention. Still, in all truth, isn't there a chance that, over a long enough timeline, all tanks go bad?
Who needs subtlety? I shoot until the woods are monochrome.

#18 User is offline   ikill4n2 

• speedball ftw
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alec

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

pure energy tanks are pretty big for tanks

draxxus tanks are very nice and well built

This post has been edited by ikill4n2: 22 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

HK ARMY
i rock a shocker
roll guns not blunts
Alabamian #5
free agent

#19 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

Yes all tanks go bad but it should be over a period of years not months but good regs are made to be rebuilt and maintained and tanks have to be hydro tested every 5 years.

#20 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

View Postheisman01, on Sep 16 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

you really need an LP tank for an A1, angle cant make regs for crap so thats why you need an LP tank or you can get a CP adapter and a new reg and use w/e tank you want

nah there is a mod u can make to yur reg and it will take hp

but here is the thing the some a1 might not chroni under 300 if u use hp
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#21 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:10 PM

View PostWith_Force, on Sep 18 2008, 09:11 AM, said:

My irritation is not the price different between the tanks, it's that the only local shop that fills them charges $6.50 for 3000psi (not too bad, really) but a whopping $15 to fill 4500psi tanks. It seems outlandish to me, but that's East Texas for you. I pay them to recalibrate the machine (bless their poor hearts for me inconveniencing them). I have no issue with Pure Energy, really. I have a 72ci Pure Energy and an oooooooold 115ci Nitro Duck. Haven't had issue with either.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you COULD get a 4500psi tank and have them only fill it to 3000psi... that way, when you go play D-Day (and yes, its inevitable that a Texas scenario player goes to play at D-Day... you might as well not fight it) you can fill that sucker all the way up to 4500psi and shoot some allies.

Nitro Duck makes great regs, but Crossfire's have the fastest recharge rate (the stats are in this thread). If I were you, I'd grap that CP adapter, put an AKA 2 liter reg on there and use a crossfire 68/45 and have at it.

I do have to say that for all the little quirks that the angels have, they must be absolutely amazing markers for so many people to look past all of them.

#22 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

View PostFlamingoChavez, on Sep 19 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you COULD get a 4500psi tank and have them only fill it to 3000psi... that way, when you go play D-Day (and yes, its inevitable that a Texas scenario player goes to play at D-Day... you might as well not fight it) you can fill that sucker all the way up to 4500psi and shoot some allies.

Nitro Duck makes great regs, but Crossfire's have the fastest recharge rate (the stats are in this thread). If I were you, I'd grap that CP adapter, put an AKA 2 liter reg on there and use a crossfire 68/45 and have at it.

I do have to say that for all the little quirks that the angels have, they must be absolutely amazing markers for so many people to look past all of them.

No, it doesn't make you sound like a jerk, actually. It's something that I've been thinking about. We're blessed with a volunteer Fire Department (one of my teammates counts two of those firefighters as parents) that's getting a compressed air set-up with scuba fill station (because two of the others in the department dive). I'm going to see if their fill station will accomidate 4500 before jumping on what you've just said. Have the scuba shop fill them at 3k until the inevitable. Trust me. I'm looking forward to going to D-day next year.

I'm going to definately take your advice. Poor word choice on "newbie" on my part to start this thread. The main problem is a disconnect between what I see on forums and the application of what' said when I go to get the gear. Sounds kind of silly, I know, but I first picked up a paintball gun with the intent to be serious at the sport, not plink around with my buddies and compare welts, and dove into the deep end barely four months ago.

I hear the horror stories of "they feel uncomfortable" or "they're a pain to take apart" and look at them for what they are. For the most part, purely subjective. My sister finds my A5 to be heavy, while I find it to be just fine. My buddy hates my VS3's rocking trigger because it feels strange to someone who's used to single trigger markers and firearms, I love it. Comfort is subjective. Ease of disassembly is true, but then again I'm not the type to tear open a gun just to see what this doo-dad and that doo-hickey do.

#23 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

Nothing wrong with using the term "newbie" when referring to yourself. It helps to put us in a certain mindset when we talk to you. We know where to start the convo and expect more questions to follow.

#24 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Sep 20 2008, 01:18 PM, said:

Nothing wrong with using the term "newbie" when referring to yourself. It helps to put us in a certain mindset when we talk to you. We know where to start the convo and expect more questions to follow.

True.

#25 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

View PostWith_Force, on Sep 20 2008, 09:45 AM, said:

Ease of disassembly is true, but then again I'm not the type to tear open a gun just to see what this doo-dad and that doo-hickey do.

That's where you and I differ... I'll take apart a perfectly good marker just to figure out how it works.

#26 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

View PostWith_Force, on Sep 20 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

View PostFlamingoChavez, on Sep 19 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

No, it doesn't make you sound like a jerk, actually. It's something that I've been thinking about. We're blessed with a volunteer Fire Department (one of my teammates counts two of those firefighters as parents) that's getting a compressed air set-up with scuba fill station (because two of the others in the department dive). I'm going to see if their fill station will accomidate 4500 before jumping on what you've just said. Have the scuba shop fill them at 3k until the inevitable. Trust me. I'm looking forward to going to D-day next year.

That really is a valid point and I'm glad you are considering it. I would certainly encourage you to go the route of the 4500 w/ the intent of getting the fills when you can. The "twice the price" thing is a definite rip, sorry to hear about that. When HPA first started taking off I remember a few places that had different pricing for the two pressures - but HPA is basically standard now, so that's a shame. Good luck w/ the new marker!
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#27 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

View PostFlamingoChavez, on Sep 22 2008, 03:24 PM, said:

That's where you and I differ... I'll take apart a perfectly good marker just to figure out how it works.

And there's nothing wrong with that, by any stretch. I'm just of the "if it ain't broke..." mindset. I'm not worried about tearing into one, I just won't do it until I need to. Example: I know relatively little about paintball markers. Don't know how most of them operate (I couldn't tell you the difference between some high end guns method of operation). First time I had to tear apart my A-5, all the Kingman fanboys in my area told me they were hell. I spent 25min. on my first tear down. I've done it twice since then and it only took me about 10min. every time.

View Postger, on Sep 22 2008, 03:43 PM, said:

That really is a valid point and I'm glad you are considering it. I would certainly encourage you to go the route of the 4500 w/ the intent of getting the fills when you can. The "twice the price" thing is a definite rip, sorry to hear about that. When HPA first started taking off I remember a few places that had different pricing for the two pressures - but HPA is basically standard now, so that's a shame. Good luck w/ the new marker!

There is also a strong chance I will be moving to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area next year. Paintball is pretty strong there, compared to East Texas (Tyler, Longview area). I won't have to deal with a cranky old fart who owns a scuba station and feels these "punk kids" (who all range from 20-35) are just a bunch of annoyances to his perfect day selling scuba gear to people who would have to drive 100 miles to find a good dive center. Sorry, minor vent.

So it's win/win really. I spend a little more than what cheap Pure Energy tanks run. I have good tanks that could stand seeing 4500psi when I'm playing in more paintball-friendly areas and I still run compressed air.

As an update, I wanted to go new, but I found a good deal on a used A1 (not 100% on the condition, but this guy is selling a lot of high end gear; Dragun Intimidator, Shocker, Ego, Luxe) and will be checking out some Angel-related websites for additional parts.

#28 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

View PostWith_Force, on Sep 22 2008, 02:53 PM, said:

View PostFlamingoChavez, on Sep 22 2008, 03:24 PM, said:

And there's nothing wrong with that, by any stretch. I'm just of the "if it ain't broke..." mindset. I'm not worried about tearing into one, I just won't do it until I need to. Example: I know relatively little about paintball markers. Don't know how most of them operate (I couldn't tell you the difference between some high end guns method of operation). First time I had to tear apart my A-5, all the Kingman fanboys in my area told me they were hell. I spent 25min. on my first tear down. I've done it twice since then and it only took me about 10min. every time.

Best paintball marker operation animation site ever. You can learn how all these guys work without turning a wrench.

View PostWith_Force, on Sep 22 2008, 02:53 PM, said:

There is also a strong chance I will be moving to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area next year. Paintball is pretty strong there, compared to East Texas (Tyler, Longview area). I won't have to deal with a cranky old fart who owns a scuba station and feels these "punk kids" (who all range from 20-35) are just a bunch of annoyances to his perfect day selling scuba gear to people who would have to drive 100 miles to find a good dive center. Sorry, minor vent.

Dallas is just a good day's drive away from the D-Day field up in Oklahoma, that sets you up nicely for Red Dawn, Black Hawk Down, and of course D-Day. There are a bunch of Germans down there that carpool up to the D-Day field... allot. If You end up playing around OKC you're liable to run into me and my crew.

#29 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

I tore apart hawks PM6 the moment I got it. Just be careful ok. Learn what each part does without tearing it open like I did.

#30 User is offline   With_Force 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

View PostFlamingoChavez, on Sep 22 2008, 08:08 PM, said:

Best paintball marker operation animation site ever. You can learn how all these guys work without turning a wrench.

Dallas is just a good day's drive away from the D-Day field up in Oklahoma, that sets you up nicely for Red Dawn, Black Hawk Down, and of course D-Day. There are a bunch of Germans down there that carpool up to the D-Day field... allot. If You end up playing around OKC you're liable to run into me and my crew.

That website is pretty cool. Thank you for that link. If everything in the plans work out, with moving to D/FW there's a good chance going to OKC once a month (or every other month) is a strong possibility. I'd certainly enjoy it. Nothing makes your hobby more fulfilling than being able to actually do it.

View PostThe Shepherd, on Sep 22 2008, 08:19 PM, said:

I tore apart hawks PM6 the moment I got it. Just be careful ok. Learn what each part does without tearing it open like I did.

I plan on it. I've been on the wrong side of taking things apart before. It wasn't pretty.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users