Special Ops Paintball: Easy (and cheap) hydration in the midst of a game... - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Easy (and cheap) hydration in the midst of a game...

#16 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

  • Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,502
  • Joined: 10-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

Good info man. Not everyone has the luxury to be able to buy a hydration system. Ever since I got my Camel Bak issued to me I have taken it out to the paintball field in the warmer months. I did not survive the 150 degree heat in Iraq just to come home and get dehydrated durring a game of paintball in the 80 to 90 degree heat with 50 to 100% humidity I have to deal with here at home.
0

#17 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

View PostShadowjackal, on Jul 1 2007, 06:38 PM, said:

Evil Fingers,

That is a great idea! We have Nalgene bottles everywhere at work! I never thought about using one of those! :wacko: I will grab one from the storage room tomorrow... Thanks for the improvement. Call it the Cheap Hydration System Mark III... It will fit in the tank pouch of my 2 + 1 Redz pouch very well.

Im glad you like my Ghetto Rigged Hydration System.
0

#18 Guest_ANC297_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:38 PM

i just carry a watyer bottle in a pod pouch and drink from it wehn needed.the cheapest, and most effiecient way
0

#19 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

View PostANC297, on Jul 2 2007, 04:38 PM, said:

i just carry a watyer bottle in a pod pouch and drink from it wehn needed.the cheapest, and most effiecient way

Are you saying that you would lift your Mask Up to get a drink of water while on the Field?
0

#20 Guest_ANC297_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

no i pour it threw the vents on the mouthpiece part of the mask. not all of it gets to my mouth but its good enough
0

#21 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:09 AM

View PostANC297, on Jul 2 2007, 07:25 PM, said:

no i pour it threw the vents on the mouthpiece part of the mask. not all of it gets to my mouth but its good enough

Thats one of the Lamest Excuse I have ever read, but seriously though, dont ever lift your mask up while playing and if you become really thirsty, there is nothing wrong by getting off the Playing Field and walk to the Staging Area...there are other Games and if youre in a Scenario, you can always reinsert back into the Ongoing Firefights anytime.
0

#22 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

  • Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 451
  • Joined: 09-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Zanesville, Ohio
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Post icon  Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

View PostANC297, on Jul 2 2007, 07:38 PM, said:

i just carry a watyer bottle in a pod pouch and drink from it wehn needed.the cheapest, and most effiecient way


Wow! Evil Fingers, I thought the same thing when i read this, kind of worried me... ANC297, the purpose of my post was to give people a cheap way of getting some water safely, in the midst of play. I do not even have to take my eyes off of the surrounding area. Use your water bottle, add a hose, put it in your pouch and get a quick drink w/o exposing your neck, or taking your eyes off your AOR... Anything we can do to make our game safer, ya know?
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!


Automags: Because only the best will do!
0

#23 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

  • Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,612
  • Joined: 04-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northampton, PA
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:36 PM

View PostShadowjackal, on Jul 3 2007, 12:25 PM, said:

View PostANC297, on Jul 2 2007, 07:38 PM, said:

i just carry a watyer bottle in a pod pouch and drink from it wehn needed.the cheapest, and most effiecient way


Wow! Evil Fingers, I thought the same thing when i read this, kind of worried me... ANC297, the purpose of my post was to give people a cheap way of getting some water safely, in the midst of play. I do not even have to take my eyes off of the surrounding area. Use your water bottle, add a hose, put it in your pouch and get a quick drink w/o exposing your neck, or taking your eyes off your AOR... Anything we can do to make our game safer, ya know?


what if you would just stick a straw in the bottle? it might not work very good though...like just put the straw in, and close the lid, then when your thirsty unscrew it and pull the straw out and stick it up your mask to your mouth
0

#24 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,979
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Sucka Free, Nor Cal

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

View PostCERTIFIED PAINTBALLER, on Jul 11 2007, 07:36 PM, said:

View PostShadowjackal, on Jul 3 2007, 12:25 PM, said:

View PostANC297, on Jul 2 2007, 07:38 PM, said:

i just carry a watyer bottle in a pod pouch and drink from it wehn needed.the cheapest, and most effiecient way


Wow! Evil Fingers, I thought the same thing when i read this, kind of worried me... ANC297, the purpose of my post was to give people a cheap way of getting some water safely, in the midst of play. I do not even have to take my eyes off of the surrounding area. Use your water bottle, add a hose, put it in your pouch and get a quick drink w/o exposing your neck, or taking your eyes off your AOR... Anything we can do to make our game safer, ya know?


what if you would just stick a straw in the bottle? it might not work very good though...like just put the straw in, and close the lid, then when your thirsty unscrew it and pull the straw out and stick it up your mask to your mouth

That'll work too, but jus as long the mask is not lifted no higher to expose a person's mouth.
0

#25 Guest_ANC297_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

of course i never lift my mask up during a game thats the stupidist thing to do. i hate seeing the newbs that they do that or they take off their mask after they are out while walking back to the staging area.
0

#26 User is offline   ThirdI 

  • Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 887
  • Joined: 10-October 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spokane, WA
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

I appreciate the idea but, figuring out some of the cost here, with just a little looking around, you should be able to find a generic hydration bladder for under $20.
0

#27 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

  • Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 132
  • Joined: 08-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:cape cod MA
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

hey btter yet you can have a peice to attach it inside your mask, like a holder through the vents! that way you just move your lips in a funny manner and take a few gulps.

it would also help if your playing ghost flanker so you dont have to use your hand. :happy:
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users