• You cannot reply to this topic

cheep sniper setup cheepest setup Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:No brigade affiliation

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:59 AM

I'm gonna parrot some of the information you've already recieved here, but I'll put my own twist on things so bear with me Okay?

The gear you have....as it is....use it. Got an Mr1? Great, play with it, know it, and be able to use it. Have an old set of cammies and not a ghillie suit? Great, play with those.

Let me tell you this, some of the most ineffective 'snipers' I've seen in this game have been all dolled up in their bush-suits with sights systems on their markers and the mindset that "I'm a sniper, I'm awesome!"

The basic skills of the paintball 'sniper' are the same basic skills that every woodsballer worth his salt posess, unless you're the type of guy that runs screaming through the woods with an electro marker keeping the paint manufacturers in business.

We all utilize stealth in our planbooks, we all try to be sneaky and take the best shots, we all do our best to observe and eliminate the opposition from concealed positions. My point is, ignore the whole 'sniper' thing right now. Play on and with your team, get the gist of how things are done, THEN, if you still decide to 'snipe' decide from there what is worth spending money on. If you did what I suggested correctly, you'll realize that you might not need any modifications to your setup at all.
I have never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit.

#32 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:13 AM

View Postscilencer, on Jul 9 2007, 11:10 PM, said:

Look, I really want to be a sniper but as always, it's money!!! i have barely any money to spend. And the only gun i have is a spider mr1 and i'd love to have a Longbow SR but no money.can you guys help me out? :laugh:

What would really help would be a red dot sight, and a good barrel. You could get away with out the barrel, but they are cheap so just get one. The best thing you can do is learn your gear and read up on tactics. Also, get paint that matches your barrel really well.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:G36C

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

use what you got or get a cheap pump gun, put a nice barrel on it andget a mask that wont fog on ya and some camo clothes if ya want there ya go a decent cheap sniper set up.

This post has been edited by G36C: 27 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

#34 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sup

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:14 PM

For cheap I would reccomend a Classic Automag. You can find the classic 68 for $50-$75. One with the Level 10 bolt installed generally for $100 on ebay.

#35 User is offline   Dan--- 

• Daniel
  • PipPip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

Well, if you have a Spider MR1, you should be fine. It's people that kill (or mark) people, not guns. The better you are at getting close to an enemy, or keeping your cool as an unsuspecting enemy approaches, the better you will be at sniping. I think instead of buying nice external upgrades, you should just train on stalking and concealing yourself.

One good thing about your gun is that it comes standard with a stock, this means you have increased your stability. I have used a friends MR1 once, and I liked how it shot and felt, the only upgrade I could think of to improve the gun would be a barrel. As of now I cannot recommend any to you, as I do not know what paint you use, or what barrel works best with your gun. All I can say is reasearch different barrels (don't be stupid and get a 21 inch, 16 max), and train on moving like a sniper. Good Luck!
Bringing woodsball back to the Special Ops forums

#36 User is offline   TrinitiCustom 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:57 PM

If you really want a ghillie suit for cheap, go to walmart and get you a peice of camo burlap and make you a poncho style layover, cut & customize it to texture it (there is no need to spend a couple hundred dollars on a ghillie suit that may not even match the terrain you are gonna find yourself playing in), but more important than gear are patience and discipline. Practice those, and that mr1 will become a whole lot lore effective than you can imagine right now. Maybe upgrade the barrel, but I play with a guy who's got a bone stock mr1 (and I own one myself) that he is very impressive with. Ask yourself this, who made the first ghillie suit? probably the guy who had to USE it, ya think?

#37 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:04 PM

View PostThe Scout, on Sep 22 2007, 08:10 AM, said:

How about a gun, a mask, and brains? Its how I always play...

;) ya sure about that brain part???

:dry: just joking
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#38 User is offline   C.Hathcock 

• Woodsballer!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:C.Hatcock

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:57 AM

View Postmatt, on Jul 10 2007, 11:00 AM, said:

View Postjmsiona, on Jul 10 2007, 08:54 AM, said:

only time a flatline isnt accurate is when there is paint in the barrel

exactly. you shoot a paintball. the paintball travels from the breach into the barrel. thus, the paint is in the barrel, the flatline is not accurate.

i just proved what drummer said based on what you said :D

Evryone that I have ever talked to about the flatline, say DON'T. I usually kinda listen when everyone says the same thing.
Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. -Thomas Jefferson

#39 User is offline   silent_assisan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:20 AM

i have a BT 4 assult i have had it for 2 years now and haven't done any thing to it. i use the barrel that came with it's pretty accruate i have a remote line but don't use it becaue it gets snagged on stuff i yse the 12 ounce Co2 tank or the desposable ones and i'm adding a sight rail to my carring handle so i can put my red dot sight on it and i'm going to put a bi pod on it and that's all i'm doing to my gun

#40 User is offline   Nightwolf 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

I myself have a MR1 and i think its great for a sniper i can make decent shots at not to far distances you dont have to shoot from far off to snipe Id just practice and add a sight and barrle thats what im doing to mine

#41 User is offline   scilencer 

• The Silencer
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE WALK-ON

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

View PostFeathers, on Aug 25 2007, 05:46 PM, said:

I can't emphasize more, though, that most of the sniper position is how you play - not what you play with. I've been in the place where my skill surpassed by equipment - and it kind of stinks when you are there (because you know you can have better if not for...). At the same time, though, play enough so you know exactly what -will- improve your game.

If you notice that your first ball isn't always where you want it to go, and you have to end up taking two or three more shots to make a simple elimination - some field practice is definitely in order. At the same time, if you are sure of your skills and you just have a hard time with doing things on the fly - you might come to the point where you -know- that your next upgrade will be a paintball marker sight (electronic, holographic, or occluded is up to you). Research what sight does what and reflect on how that will improve your game. Take the option that benefits you the most.

You will find yourself going through this process repeatedly, looking at different aspects of your gear -and- your playstyle. Make the changes you see as necessary and move on. Then reflect back on how those changes brought you from where you were, to where you are, and decide if they were helpful. If not - ditch what doesn't work and keep on moving forward in your search for what you consider to be your personal best.

Hope this helps.

-Feathers

So what you're saying is to mediforicaly mold my self to my equipment? not bad advice. oh, and btw, i got a 12" barrel for my b-day and when i took it out to test it, it goes about 20'-30' and goes on a very sharp down arch. My stock barrel is better than my new barrel. (Plus it might be because it a viewloder barrel). I have a onesie camo suit and i'm planning to make a home made ghillie suit. i'm gonna try to carve in to my stock to see my iron sit better and i did have a red dot sight on it but doesn't fit!! What's your opinion on Smoke/Paint Grenades? And i would like to get a remote. i'm really getting this thru my thick skull, improve your skill first, then your equipment.
The best way to conserve ammo........is to hit what you're shooting at! 2GF

#42 User is offline   Ironbox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

if you really want to get that red dot to fit get out the bench grinder and some sandpaper, i had to take it to the railing system on the trilogy tactical and now it fit's just fine, had to grind on the rail on the gun itself (thank god it's detachable) and had to sand on the reddot a little but it was sooooo worth it :ninja:
a remote is one of the areas of debate in the paintball world that i've seen, it makes your gun much lighter but you lose your tank stock idea, it's a whatever you like kind of idea, imo not that important right now for you

#43 User is offline   scilencer 

• The Silencer
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE WALK-ON

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Now see i don't have a bench grinder anymore, my dad sold it. And the remote thing is i have a stock for my MR1 and i would love lessen my weight. :usa::)
The best way to conserve ammo........is to hit what you're shooting at! 2GF

#44 User is offline   EthanB08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ETHANB

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

Lol i got a red dot for my MR1 and ordered a carry handle similar to the one spyder makes but with a weaver rail on top, milsig makes it. The thing is i dont have the carry handle/riser yet...lol so I took the hopper/elbow adapter on my marker off, and had the red dot on it, then I put the ball down the barrel and pushed it past the ball D-dents or what ever they are called, and it was single shot galor for a little while..lol ...never used it like that in a gmae but I think ill give it a shot. Now that would be intense. I'd inspect my paintballs that I would take on the field make sure they all fit the barrel well then store them in my 10 round tubes. Go on to the field in my ghillie, look for target, aim on target, shoot, Lie very low after the shot, then reload like a blunder buss...lol, in 2-3 seconds Im ready to take another shot...lol.

This post has been edited by EthanB08: 25 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

Spetsnaz, When the only way to kill a terrorist is by a backflipping hatchet attack.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users