• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Random Air Accessories Questions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

So I recently picked up a remote w/ a slide check, and in looking around you can add an in-line on/off instead. Is this the better of the two?
Also, if I run direct-mount CO2/HPA should I get an on/off for the tank/gun?
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.
Reviews: Spec Ops Custom Vest
Mods: Minor Mask Mod

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:32 AM

It really depends on your set up. If you are running with any kind of stock you really need to get the tank out of the way. You can either use a remote line or you can reverse mount the ASA so that the tank points towards the front of the marker.

If you are not running with a stock then you really should have the tank on the marker so you have a way to stabilize it.

An on/off ASA is nice to have, but you really don't need it. The only reason I would recommend one is if your marker is prone to have minor leaks. That way you can shut off the airflow while you are not playing.

#3 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Thanks Dark Shadow! I checked out my remoted and it is only rated at 3000 PSI so I know I'll need to get a different one if I decide to do HPA, but the A-5 I picked up does have a stock, and a Palmers Stabilizer so I should be okay running that line w/ CO2 for that maker.
SpecOps Feedback
SpecOps Products owned: Scout Vest; Two Custom Vests; Collapsable Pod Loader; Allied and Axis Bandanas; Remote Line and Hopper covers.

#4 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:38 AM

Actually you do not need to get a new remote line to run HPA. All remote lines I have found are rated for 3,000 PSI. There is a regulator on all HPA tanks that brings down the internal pressure to an operating pressure safe to go through the remote line. The regs are either high pressure, low pressure, or adjustable (rare but they exist). High pressure regs are generally between 750 to 850 PSI and is recommended for Tippmanns. Low pressure regs have an output of 450 PSI and work best on Angels and other low pressure markers. The adjustable regs are just as the name implies.

A true adjustable reg has two gauges. One tells you how much air is in the tank, the other tells you the output pressure of the tank. They also require an allen wrench to adjust and can go as high as 900 or 1,000 PSI. They are perfect for Automag users.

Since you are using CO2 with a stabilizer you really do not need to go to HPA, unless you plan on playing in the cold. If you only play during the warmer months you should be fine with CO2 though. Same is true if you do a lot of outlaw play rather than going to a commercial field.

Keep in mind you need a bigger HPA tank to get the same amount of shots as a CO2 tank. You can get about a half case off of a 20 oz. If you want the same shot capacity from a HPA tank you need either a 114 cubic inch 3,000 PSI tank or a 92 cubic inch 4500 PSI tank.

#5 User is offline   Spitfire151 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

Excellent, thank you!! =D
SpecOps Feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users