• This topic is locked

Pump Discussion Thread V.2 Rate Topic: -----

#2626 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

6kg + all that metal. Where do you buy such vast quantities? And isn't the shipping super expensive?

#2627 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

MTaylor, where the hell do you get all these 12grams?!
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#2628 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:55 AM

It might have been him, but I did see a pic of someone on here that had bought a TON of 12grams before.... Hm.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#2629 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:23 AM

I believe that was Russc that bought the thousands of 12 grams.

#2630 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:20 AM

View Postleft handed, on Oct 24 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

MTaylor, where the hell do you get all these 12grams?!

Ebay.

$220 shipped. I've done it before.

This post has been edited by mtaylor: 25 October 2008 - 10:20 AM

<Insert Sig Here>

#2631 User is offline   Jobless Elite 

• is made of Win
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:24 AM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Oct 24 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

Doug, check your MCB PM inbox

MM, i sent you a PM this morning. let me know ASAP.

Jakeman was doing some sheridan wood handles a while back...

also, in other news, I am gonna go type up a rant on MCB later on..but because of family drama over job drama >_< i may have to hold off buying stuff for a while thanks to my butthead of a dad.

Luke jake I always get those names messed up (no joke I really do all the time, we have 2 people at my school that look like identical with those names)

Pump Discussion Thread
Looking for a jungle sunset micromag

#2632 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:34 AM

Yesterday I got my new camera lens. Well, used, but new to me.
It is a beast!

#2633 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

got an old modded 68 Carbine, gunna take a break from pump just for tonight :P
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#2634 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

View PostMatt, on Oct 25 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

Yesterday I got my new camera lens. Well, used, but new to me.
It is a beast!

What kind?

<Insert Sig Here>

#2635 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:56 PM

Canon 70-200 F4 L

This one.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1831..._Autofocus.html

#2636 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

JUst got back from the FPE at xtreme. It was great. I really wish I could go back tomorrow. I'm satisfied with the number of people I hit, I met Chefdave, and saw some pretty unique guns.

The most unique was a double barreled pump Ion. Yes, a mechanical SP Ion. The guy had two or three, one was a double, the others were single. His son had one. Pump stroke was less than 1/4", all it had to do was open a valve inline with the body to push the bolt back open, then the trigger would push the valve the other way and the spool would fire. It seemed like you could really fire fast with it, not really an auto trigger, but you could probably push the valve open (open bolt) with the pump, while putting pressure on the trigger, once you let go of the pump the trigger would push it closed. The double had a double trigger, the bottom half fired one barrel, the top the other. You could use one barrel only, and keep the other for back up if you broke paint or something.

I broke about 10 balls in my Phantom barrel, even though it was new and a great size, no roll outs with out detents, and I could blow it thru easily. It was RPS Premium. The last game I played, I even chopped! I had already broken paint, and was the last guy standing in the back corner can of airball, and a guy was running up the snake and since my balls were curving all over, I was ATing as fast as possible, and my winchester couldn't keep up. The last ball, I felt it crunch in the stroke, and I called my self out since like five of their team were rushing me and I couldn't really shoot.
Also has some velocity problems at the beginnning, for some reason, I had to switch to the blue (-15%) spring to stop bolt kink, and it was a brand new spring so the velocity was all over. I really need an adjusting rod, I hate having to unscrew the barrel every time.

All in all it was great. Xtreme is also great, will be going there in the future for sure.

#2637 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

This is cool, I get to practice with the pump team I am playing with for the tourney. We should be pretty good because the guys I am playing with seem pretty good and friendly
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#2638 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

Well looks like I won't be playing paintball for a while. I busted my collar bone today during out football game :dry: And now I can't work in the shop on any machines because I'm in a figure eight brace and a sling. Its pretty lame...

#2639 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

You know, I bet paintball is cheaper than high school sports a lot of times because of medical bills... maybe we should just do that. I wish there were more people at my school that play. Only my friend that I've known since 2nd grade and a kid that just moved here from the Virgin Islands plays, that I know of. They both use A-5s.

#2640 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:24 AM

View Postslowerpig81, on Oct 25 2008, 05:26 PM, said:

JUst got back from the FPE at xtreme. It was great. I really wish I could go back tomorrow. I'm satisfied with the number of people I hit, I met Chefdave, and saw some pretty unique guns.

The most unique was a double barreled pump Ion. Yes, a mechanical SP Ion. The guy had two or three, one was a double, the others were single. His son had one. Pump stroke was less than 1/4", all it had to do was open a valve inline with the body to push the bolt back open, then the trigger would push the valve the other way and the spool would fire. It seemed like you could really fire fast with it, not really an auto trigger, but you could probably push the valve open (open bolt) with the pump, while putting pressure on the trigger, once you let go of the pump the trigger would push it closed. The double had a double trigger, the bottom half fired one barrel, the top the other. You could use one barrel only, and keep the other for back up if you broke paint or something.

I broke about 10 balls in my Phantom barrel, even though it was new and a great size, no roll outs with out detents, and I could blow it thru easily. It was RPS Premium. The last game I played, I even chopped! I had already broken paint, and was the last guy standing in the back corner can of airball, and a guy was running up the snake and since my balls were curving all over, I was ATing as fast as possible, and my winchester couldn't keep up. The last ball, I felt it crunch in the stroke, and I called my self out since like five of their team were rushing me and I couldn't really shoot.
Also has some velocity problems at the beginnning, for some reason, I had to switch to the blue (-15%) spring to stop bolt kink, and it was a brand new spring so the velocity was all over. I really need an adjusting rod, I hate having to unscrew the barrel every time.

All in all it was great. Xtreme is also great, will be going there in the future for sure.

Pics? I wanna see this Ion!

Hmm... it was a little chilly yesterday... was the paint cold (to make it break better of course! :))
Why didn't you just go out and barrel tag them? Banzai charge anyone?

That sucks hard Sneaky. Injuries suck. I agree with Slowerpig, if there was more interest in paintball as a sport, I think schools would have more budget for other stuff (instead of paying for all the injuries on the football field) and more people would play.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

Share this topic:

• (551 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users