Special Ops Paintball: I think I'm joining the Dagger ranks. - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I think I'm joining the Dagger ranks. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

I've always considered myself a Sniper/Broadsword, but who doesn't at the start of their playing? We went this last weekend, however, and I went light, and found I love being on the front line. I did some crazy runs to flank people, and had a ton of fun, playing up front and light. I think I've found my position. Any tips?

EDIT: Right now, I'm running with a decent gun, but not one I'd like to keep. I'm looking at an A5-A2 with a Recon 6 Vest to complete my setup. Maybe. I'd have to try a remote before I bought one to use.

This post has been edited by Mayonnaise: 06 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

Christian paintballer for life!

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!-THE MENACE
Proud anti-rapper and Christian rock/metal lover! I'm sticking with the 2% here!
98% of people have 98% and 2% in their signature. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your sig.
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig.

#2 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

practice shooting while running
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#3 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

Definitely learn to run and gun, it's an important skill as a Dagger. I would go for a smaller, lighter marker than an A5. The A5A2 is going to be really long since it has both a stock and a longer barrel. If you are going to use an A5 then I'd suggest a remote line, either no stock or a folding stock, and a short barrel, 10" would be good in my book. Also, the X7 hopper has a nice lower profile on an A5.

Though Ideally I recommend a different marker. Automags are a good choice as they can be made very light and small, plus they're very high quality pieces. Most high end electros fit the bill as well.

What do you shoot now?

This post has been edited by BlueDragonX: 06 August 2007 - 02:21 PM

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#4 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I wouldnt worry about equipment right now...work on your moves & tactics first, THEN figure out what (if any) changes you want to make in your gear/gun. Dagger, even more than the other positions, is more of a mind-set than a gear list anyway. A good Dagger should be able to work with anything from a slingshot to a "Double Trouble" - or anything in-between.
Like the above posts suggest, the ability to move & shoot at the same time is critical for this position, as is the ability to shoot either left or right handed.

Have Fun!!

#5 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

My friend did use a slingshot last time we played. He ended up throwing handfuls of paintballs from behind cover, trying to score a lucky hit, since they didn't have to break if he threw/slingshotted it.

I was looking at an A-5, and I like the A2 Foregrip, but maybe I'll go with a retractable stock and a shorter barrel, probably a ceramic. Nitro only guns are not an option-period. For right now. CO2 only. Right now, I run a WGP Worrmachine with a Turbo Trigger, shoots on pull and release. I don't have the money now to buy a better gun anyways, that will probably be next summer or this winter.

What I might do is set up a target in my yard and practice with some reballs, running and shooting. I need to work on my left-handed shooting as well-I know several times last game where it would help immensely.

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!-THE MENACE
Proud anti-rapper and Christian rock/metal lover! I'm sticking with the 2% here!
98% of people have 98% and 2% in their signature. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your sig.

#6 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

View PostBlueDragonX, on Aug 6 2007, 05:20 PM, said:

Definitely learn to run and gun, it's an important skill as a Dagger. I would go for a smaller, lighter marker than an A5. The A5A2 is going to be really long since it has both a stock and a longer barrel. If you are going to use an A5 then I'd suggest a remote line, either no stock or a folding stock, and a short barrel, 10" would be good in my book. Also, the X7 hopper has a nice lower profile on an A5.

Though Ideally I recommend a different marker. Automags are a good choice as they can be made very light and small, plus they're very high quality pieces. Most high end electros fit the bill as well.

What do you shoot now?

1. Remote lines = death. Especially if you play in places with twigs, trees, and bushes. They just get caught slow you down, and make more noise. Unless you know your going to be playing in deserts or mainly urban environments its not a good idea to use one.

2. While the X7 has a "lower" profile its much wider and thus hurts your snap shooting. I would personally be taller than wider as you can always shoot kneeling, crouching or prone to account for height but its much harder to effectively combat a wide profile.

#7 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:46 AM

Well, I don't use remote lines either, for that reason. But the A5 is huuuuge, and needs cutting down to side. That can help.

Didn't know the X7 hopper was that much wider. Learn something new every day I suppose. Though I still think the A5's not the best choice...

"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#8 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:50 AM

you may also want to work on sliding and diving. i finally got the hang of sliding on my knees while shooting. it will get you into bunkers faster and with a smaller profile.

a good way to learn to shoot with your left and right handis to run zig zags and each time you change direction, switch arms. this also helps with running and shooting.

if you want something light that shoots fast, the spyder vs2 is under $200 and can run on co2 [with anti-syphon]

there is also the ion, diablo wrath, and various other spyder markers. i would recommend anti-syphoning your co2 tank for any of these markers that i listed. the ion would probably be the lightest and fastest out of all that i listed.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#9 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:21 AM

View PostBlueDragonX, on Aug 7 2007, 09:46 AM, said:

Well, I don't use remote lines either, for that reason. But the A5 is huuuuge, and needs cutting down to side. That can help.

Didn't know the X7 hopper was that much wider. Learn something new every day I suppose. Though I still think the A5's not the best choice...

I can't agree with you more on that. While that a-5 is not a BAD choice its def to heavy to be the best.

^^^^^ Anyone that would buy a spyder for 200$ when they could get an ion... well I don't have anything nice to say about that. Just don't buy a spyder.

#10 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. Don't buy a Spyder when you can afford an Ion. As much as I dislike Smart Parts, they make good products. The Ion is fast, light, and can be upgraded as you need more out of it.

#11 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

An Ion is a choice. I guess an A-5 would be really heavy for my playing style. I'm not sure if I want an electro or not, but I will probably eventually end up getting an electro anyways. So, I'd probably get a gun in the 200-300 range. An Ion is a choice, especially the blackcell bodies, so I could still have a milsim/woodsball look.

#12 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

Just remember to a dagger looks are one of the very last things on our priority list.

#13 User is offline   SPdagger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:protopb07

Post icon  Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:16 AM

I wear a Recon 6 vest and shoot an A5A2 Standard, and I play dagger. And some tips...

1. Even though your job is to get up in the front and flank when your a dagger, don't try to do any bunkering unless you KNOW you have a tactical advantage. (That will most likely result in you getting eliminated.)

2. Don't cary anything you dont need, most dagger's set up is very light.

3. A shorter barrel is needed so you can be more compact.

4. Cary lighter air like 45ci, or 12oz.

Hope that helped a little bit.

:dry:
~CC~

www.freewebs.com/ultimateevilpaintball

#14 User is offline   LINE BREAKER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:LINE BREAKER

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

I have a a-5 stealth package which includes collapsible stock, remote air feed, and a flatline barrel. The flatline barrel shoots crazy far, but the accuracy...well...let's not go down that road. Anyways, I'm not happy with it. I've played a lot of games as a sabre type position, mostly the commander using my flatline to lay down suppressive fire (mostly I never get kills because there's no such thing as accuracy). I've been thinking about playing a dagger position. I did dagger duties one game and it was a lot of fun. So just asking your opinion: is the flatline a good idea? Which barrel would you best recommend for an a-5? Should I keep the collapsible stock? RAF? I've heard a reverse ASA can be nice.
Actively seeking a woodsball/scenario team in the DFW area!

"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field with your head held high, and it doesn't matter that you failed a test, didn't get the girl, or that you got a ticket on the way there . . . your world is right for the next couple of hours."

#15 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

View PostLINE BREAKER, on Aug 8 2007, 04:23 PM, said:

I have a a-5 stealth package which includes collapsible stock, remote air feed, and a flatline barrel. The flatline barrel shoots crazy far, but the accuracy...well...let's not go down that road. Anyways, I'm not happy with it. I've played a lot of games as a sabre type position, mostly the commander using my flatline to lay down suppressive fire (mostly I never get kills because there's no such thing as accuracy). I've been thinking about playing a dagger position. I did dagger duties one game and it was a lot of fun. So just asking your opinion: is the flatline a good idea? Which barrel would you best recommend for an a-5? Should I keep the collapsible stock? RAF? I've heard a reverse ASA can be nice.

I'll let other people answer the other parts but for the love of god, don't be a dagger with a flat line. The accuracy at close range is even worse than when at a far range!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users