• You cannot reply to this topic

Friendly Reminder Or why proper BBD's are mandatory

#31 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:24 AM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Nov 7 2007, 10:23 PM, said:

This is not his first screw up with that kind of stuff. Also he did a few other insanely stupid things. I have a feeling we won't be seeing him around for a long time if ever again.

Yeah, a lot of people don't need to be in possession of a paintball marker. A lot of people just do stupid things when they are. I especially hate it when someone takes their mask off on the field. :o

#32 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:45 AM

View Postthebostinian, on Nov 11 2007, 02:27 AM, said:

yeah i just realized i have no idea where my BBD is back home...looks like i need to buy a few :). oh well, its not a big deal, i won't be playing until april anyway :(

Do like me... Keep the BBD with the marker at all times. When ours are not in use the tank is removed (duh) and the barrel taken off... We put them back in the boxes that they came in for lack of a better storage system. The BBD sits in the box by the marker. When the marker comes out for use, the barrel goes on, then the BBD... Then the loader, and so on.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#33 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:55 AM

While BBDs are great I think the best thing that could happen is marker manufacturers start putting MECHANICAL SAFETIES back on all the markers.

While a barrel condom is a better universal BBD than a plug it will only work if it's put on properly. next time you are at the field take a look and see how many guys don't have it elastic placed properly. I'll bet you find at least one jackaninny with the just the bag placed over the barrel.

I remember the days were when you left the field the refs checked to make sure the safety was on.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#34 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHRIMPED!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:04 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Nov 12 2007, 08:55 AM, said:

While BBDs are great I think the best thing that could happen is marker manufacturers start putting MECHANICAL SAFETIES back on all the markers.

While a barrel condom is a better universal BBD than a plug it will only work if it's put on properly. next time you are at the field take a look and see how many guys don't have it elastic placed properly. I'll bet you find at least one jackaninny with the just the bag placed over the barrel.

I remember the days were when you left the field the refs checked to make sure the safety was on.

The last time I was at a field where the refs checked every marker to make sure the plug was in and the safety was on was... back when the goggle system only covered your eyes. -- Thanks, Puz - only you can make a twenty-one year old feel... well... old!

Actually, I haven't seen a marker without some form of inherent safety. Mechanicals have push safeties, Electro's have an on/off button or switch.

It just really needs to be enforced.

This post has been edited by SHRIMPED!: 12 November 2007 - 09:05 AM

#35 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:22 AM

The problem with the on/off button is that it's easy to "forget" or not press long enough because your busy yakking with team mates to notice it's not off.

A mechanical safety can be "forgotten" but because of where it's normally placed it's harder to hide.

Mind you it doesn't matter what safety items are used. Stupid people find a way to circumvent them, intentionally or otherwise.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#36 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:16 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Nov 12 2007, 11:22 AM, said:

The problem with the on/off button is that it's easy to "forget" or not press long enough because your busy yakking with team mates to notice it's not off.

A mechanical safety can be "forgotten" but because of where it's normally placed it's harder to hide.

Mind you it doesn't matter what safety items are used. Stupid people find a way to circumvent them, intentionally or otherwise.

i needed to circumvent mine on my autococker, because the safety literally locked into the "on" position, and the only way i could turn it back off was hitting it with a rock. so i removed it, and until i lost my BBD at the field last time, i've always used that, and i always put it on correctly.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users