Special Ops Paintball: Got a new idea for you Tiberius... - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Got a new idea for you Tiberius... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Redbeard the Pirate 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:none at all

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

Make a rifle, give it a 25-30 round magazine, and have the 12gram in the mag as well. I'll be a happy panda. It'd be cool for their tac-8, but the mag would stick out what? an extra foot?

It's brilliant! Brilliant I say! Kinda like those rap4 markers, but not crappy, and integrated 12 gram in each clip!?! Think of the Awesome milsimyness of it!!! I deserve a medal. And if this has already been thought up... :dodgy:

Extra points for Tiberius if they model after the P90 and have the clip load the same way.

Discuss.
My Feedback:
Specops: +11/-0
MCB: +6/-0
AO: +8/-0
Ebay: +54/-0

#2 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CassiusAllanus

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

Tiberius Arms has already made something like what you're suggesting for military/law enforcement. It's an M4 replica that holds Co2 and 15 .68 paintballs in the magazine.

I can't seem to find the link with pictures in it, but I have mixed feelings about whether or not it should make it into recreational paintball. On the one hand, I would love to have a Tiberius gun like that, but on the other hand, since it is a replica, I would probably be unable to get it here in Canada :dodgy:
AIM: CassiusAllanus | MSN: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | XFire: enlighteneddespot | E-MAIL: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | ESO2: HG_CassiusA | Steam: cassiusallanus

The OFFICIAL Tiberius Arms forums are up!

#3 User is offline   Redbeard the Pirate 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

View PostCassius Allanus, on Jun 17 2008, 02:43 PM, said:

Tiberius Arms has already made something like what you're suggesting for military/law enforcement. It's an M4 replica that holds Co2 and 15 .68 paintballs in the magazine.

I can't seem to find the link with pictures in it, but I have mixed feelings about whether or not it should make it into recreational paintball. On the one hand, I would love to have a Tiberius gun like that, but on the other hand, since it is a replica, I would probably be unable to get it here in Canada :(

15 PB's? That's not enough... I'm thinking something along the lines of an actual rifle. If they really wanted to impress me, they would fit 2 12 grams and 50 paintballs in the clip, and have it small enough to still fit in a reasonably sized P90. I guess the smarter thing for them to do would be to make a base marker that could accept the larger clip, and then have a bunch of different body kits so people could have the marker of their choice... Like a tippmann, but cooler!

I guess I'm saying I want a paintball P90 w/ a clip :D

Well if you crazy Canadian would just give up and suceed (sp?) over to the US... ;)
My Feedback:

#4 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

View PostRedbeard the Pirate, on Jun 17 2008, 01:56 PM, said:

Well if you crazy Canadian would just give up and suceed (sp?) over to the US... ;)

...Then maybe I could afford to ship to them. :laugh:

This post has been edited by PhantomSniper1: 17 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

#5 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:40 AM

If you wanted a magazine able to hold 50 paintballs and a couple of 12 grams, then maybe a magazine based on the appearance of the C-Mag might have enough space in it to get the job done.
AIM: CassiusAllanus | MSN: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | XFire: enlighteneddespot | E-MAIL: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | ESO2: HG_CassiusA | Steam: cassiusallanus

#6 User is offline   Redbeard the Pirate 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

View PostCassius Allanus, on Jun 18 2008, 10:40 AM, said:

If you wanted a magazine able to hold 50 paintballs and a couple of 12 grams, then maybe a magazine based on the appearance of the C-Mag might have enough space in it to get the job done.

Lol, yeah, a Cmag would look flippin sweet, but for something that big attached to a marker I'd want it to hold more than 50 rnds lol.
My Feedback:

#7 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

Well unless you want to ONLY feed paint from the magazine, then 50-60 will be the limit, based on how many shots you'll get out of two 12 grams.

#8 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:13 PM

Have you ever considered the volume of 50 paintballs? It doesn't seem like it. The P90's 5.7x28mm rounds are much smaller and and pack much better in a box shape than spheres. The whole reason paintball uses hoppers instead of mags is because you're dealing with spheres instead of cylinders.

The closest thing you're going to get to a P90 is an Ion in a airsoft P90 shell, like WarCowboy did.

Also, paintball magazine capacity is limited because of the strength of the paintballs. If you have ever loaded a firearm magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds, you will notice how stiff the spring has to be, which would break some paint.

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 16 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

#9 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

Why this won't work unless without breaking patents-

-The best magazine system is utilized in the AT Systems markers. And they only hold 25 rounds and maintain a realistic size.
-12 grams on a good day won't shoot 50 shots at a reasonable FPS on a marker like the T9. 285fps you can get about 25 shots, to get fifty, pretend you need to half it, 142.5? yeah right. Not working.
-Stiff springs. If a spring sytem was used, the paint must be pushed in using a more padded surface than what the spring/platform has to offer. this will cause dimpling or even breaks without padding. Not to mention a big pain to load.
-If a whole new marker was made utilizing a magazine such as a rifle, the spring system needs to be abandoned or improved, or a new system needs to be found. They could double stack the paintballs, but again that could cause dimpling, and I wouldn't reccommend it. Magazines would be wide too.
- 8 round 12 gram mags cost 40 bucks... 45-50 in some places. Now find me a 12 gram 30 round mag... gotta be 60 in the LEAST... way too expensive, not cost efficient.

Moral of the story- Use a hopper or deal with 18 round mags, or simply get an AT system marker.

did I die for a second there?...

#10 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

I believe Palmers has a working 20-round springfeed, as does Noxx. It's not that hard. You just need a very mild spring, and need to not shoot too fast when you get near the end.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#11 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

The solution to the spring rate issue would be to use shell casings for the paintballs; however, that'd add mechanical complexity, add bulk, add weight, add cost, and make for an awful lot of waste or cleanup after play.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#12 User is offline   Lachero 

• We Few...
  • PipPip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

Spec Ops has now released the longbow mag for the t9. Makes me want a t9 over a t8 now. Just something to consider.

-Blue
I like turtles!
Support Cedric Diggory...Edward Stinks!

#13 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

View Postbigblue202, on Sep 7 2008, 07:09 PM, said:

Spec Ops has now released the longbow mag for the t9. Makes me want a t9 over a t8 now. Just something to consider.

-Blue

I can't say I'm much of a fan of the idea of having to switch between two "magazines" to achieve that sort of shot count. I'd rather have only one piece that needs changing for a reload.

By the way, I believe this is what Tiberius Arms did for law enforcement
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by josef_k: 11 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#14 User is offline   Deadly Milkman 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

^.. damn I want that..

#15 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:03 AM

Yeah, that looks awesome. I'd seen other pictures of it months ago, but dang... that's one sexy marker. Too bad that particular one is designed to shoot over 300 fps.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users