• You cannot reply to this topic

Ion breaking paint help please

#1 User is offline   zoso_man 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:zeek_22

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:38 AM

I hate to ask a stupid question, but here goes.

I just bought an ion paintball gun, and its shooting through paint like a blender goes through eggs.

-My velocity is only running at 270 and I am using premium paintballs with an air tank and electric hopper.
-I also have a fresh battery.
-It was roughly 0 degrees celcius when I was shooting.
-The eyes are also turned on, so it shouldn't be chopping.

Anyone know what the problem is, and or how to fix it?

thanks.

#2 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:35 AM

With the outdoor temps your talking about, I would say that may be the reason. See if you can warm everything up, then give it a test fire. Also check your barrel and make sure it is clean and has no burrs.

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:45 AM

Is it a chop or barrel break? Is the broke paint starting in the breech?

Unless you're running winter paint you'll get breaks at that temp. Also after a bit of time the electric hopper will not feed appropriate because of the cold and poor battery preformance.

#4 User is offline   zoso_man 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:zeek_22

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:35 AM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Jan 7 2008, 02:45 PM, said:

Is it a chop or barrel break? Is the broke paint starting in the breech?

Unless you're running winter paint you'll get breaks at that temp. Also after a bit of time the electric hopper will not feed appropriate because of the cold and poor battery preformance.

I am not too sure, there is a ton of paint in the barrel, and only a little inside the marker and on the bolt.

Could it possibly be that the dwell is not adjusted properly?

Also, I can not see the hopper being the problem. Even if it is not feeding up to rate, the eyes (which were turned on) should prevent chops.

It also broke paint when I shot it from my front door (from inside my house). >not as cold

Does anyone know how to adjust the dwell? I cannot find it in my manuel.

#5 User is offline   CrewChief 

• Old A5OG Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CrewChief

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

Sorry to cross forums but this link should be helpful: http://www.milsimzon...showtopic=18668

This post has been edited by CrewChief: 09 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

IPB Image
Illinois Air National Guard Recruiter Assistant - Contact me for more info!

#6 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

View PostCrewChief, on Jan 9 2008, 05:21 PM, said:

Sorry to cross forums but this link should be helpful: http://www.milsimzon...showtopic=18668

while the links within the links are helpful... they don't adress the problem sadly

I've had similar problems only thing I can think of is possibly underboring but I feel your pain cold air and Ion's aren't the most fun sometimes
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#7 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

Sounds like it was the weather. My SP8 has trouble below 40 or so degrees Fahrenheit, but works well above that.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#8 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

sounds like you are shooting brittle paint and it is shredding itself in your barrel. Dont woory too much about it. Once it warms up it will shoot better.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

check your detents first, then do some reading.

Ion Owners Group
If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

#10 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

this is the second time someones posted a link/link to a link sending us to this thread in the Ion's owners group, and just like last time it isn't helpful in this situation, and if people would read over the thread they are recommending people to read (which I've read through this link twice) they would realize it doesn't address the problem stated by the original poster. I know you are trying to be helpful, but you aren't when you just post a random link that you think will help.

what bore size barrel are you using man? thats what I found my problem to be I was shooting RPS Premium and I assumed it was a .689 later found out it was a .695 so that explained my problem, I hope yours is as simple as that
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#11 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:59 AM

View PostGalihad, on Jan 10 2008, 11:18 AM, said:

this is the second time someones posted a link/link to a link sending us to this thread in the Ion's owners group, and just like last time it isn't helpful in this situation, and if people would read over the thread they are recommending people to read (which I've read through this link twice) they would realize it doesn't address the problem stated by the original poster. I know you are trying to be helpful, but you aren't when you just post a random link that you think will help.

what bore size barrel are you using man? thats what I found my problem to be I was shooting RPS Premium and I assumed it was a .689 later found out it was a .695 so that explained my problem, I hope yours is as simple as that

well I'm sorry you can't find the purpose in posting a link to a thurough thread on a marker that is completely new the zoso_man. I am pretty sure that everything you need to know about the Ion is in that thread or linked to in that thread.

For anyone to expect others to just completely do all the work for them is just laziness. If you absolutely want the answer to a question or need to get something done, you had better plan on doing it yourself; or else you will be very disappointed in life.

As for the paint breakage thing... it's gonna be a matter of trial and error. He first needs to find out if the paint is breaking in the barrel or the breach. I would remove the hopper and the barrel put a ball or 2 in the feedneck and fire it. If it's still breaking paint, then triple check that your detents are installed correctly, and go from there.
If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

#12 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

I had the same problem. I really just think it's just the paint becoming brittle in the cold. My Custom pro was shreddiing paint much like you are describing. Obviously they are very different markers but the problem sounds the same.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:30 AM

Try using Monsterballs, ain't no way in hell you're breaking one of them :).

I agree, it's definitely the temperature :D.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users