Special Ops Paintball: Spec Ops Recon Barrel system - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Spec Ops Recon Barrel system Maybe a blackcell 2 idea?

#1 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

Well, iv been searching around for a barrel recently. thinking to myself: I know I need something to work with smaller paintballs, especially for my pump. I know that I dont want to blow a bunch of cash for a barrel kit. and I also want a apex barrel for my tac, but apex on pump = bad.

So of course i'm searching away, Flasc paintball barrels with a 0.679 back.. plus a extension, plus the apex.. yea 100$
Smart parts freak back... insert.. plus front. plus apex tip on my own, yea theres an easy 120$
lurker eingenbarrel is 40$ and the right bore, but no apex tip.

Would it be possible to create a barrel which simply does it all?

I say How about creating a one piece barrel, preferably which is around 12" to 14"
-> Freak bored barrel.
-> Apex Ready Tip/ C-series Tip. ( just do two tips to keep the cost down)
-> 9" no ported length
-> you know those little groves in the phantom barrels by the porting, those little channels. Yea put those in for the last 2 to 4" of porting on the barrel they work wonders.

-> NO rifling, to many variables with different paint sizes, smooth micro polished barrel.
-> Barrel Diameter of 0.685 Instead of the regular 0.700 ( account for small ass paint again,)
-> O-ring spot past the threading to help secure barrel.

Done. Plenty of players have freak systems, so barrel plus an insert of choice will be cheep, if they want the apex then its up to them to get em.
Carry the inserts and apex in the store for choices through spec ops.

If smart parts will sue you for freak boring then create your own aluminum inserts at whatever length wont get you sued. instead of calling it aluminum ( which might get you sued for using the same metal as them. :dry:) Then use brass, or iron, or Carbon fiber. or Al +3 instead of Al+2.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 25 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

#2 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

That sounds like an ingenious idea, however, does Spec Op's HAVE the milling tools/equipment/know how? I think most of the previous "custom" hard goods were done through another company and then sold through spec ops.

However, by all means i would easily buy one of these if you made a kit that was say, 14" barrel with 3 inserts at .682 .685 .689 at say $60-75. Then it all comes down to barrel threading.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 21 January 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

However, by all means i would easily buy one of these if you made a kit that was say, 14" barrel with 3 inserts at .679 .683 .686 at say $60-75. Then it all comes down to barrel threading.

pretty much.
i'd drop the general bore as ALOT of paint has dropped from the tradional 0.689 down to about 0.685 average. i'v received paint which falls through my 0.681 sizer before.

But then again, its freak bored. Its whatever size you want it to be!

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 21 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

DW tried this. They got sued and lost. Buy their barrels but you had to use SP inserts.

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 21 January 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

DW tried this. They got sued and lost. Buy their barrels but you had to use SP inserts.

:dry: why am I not surprised?

#6 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

if...and i say if...Spec Ops ever make a barrel...i'd like a short front for an existing barrel kit with bore sizers
like dye or freak...or w/e works with a Alpha Black
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#7 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 21 January 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

if...and i say if...Spec Ops ever make a barrel...i'd like a short front for an existing barrel kit with bore sizers
like dye or freak...or w/e works with a Alpha Black

the thing i'm going for really is a cheap option which will hopefully work as a kinda "go to all" barrel, From actual testing and practice generally control bores which range from 5" to 6" help stabilize the ball much better then 1 or 2 or 3" control bores. After 6" the difference is not noticeable.
The best efficiency is found with a optimum non-ported length of 9"

So as long as those two key points are hit, you have a winning combination of grouping and efficiency. (of course it drops off the longer and the more porting you put through it)
also doing the channels on the inside of the barrels for the porting isnt just for giggles, the phantom barrel is amazingly quite despite only having 1" on porting.

so we can create a barrel which fits all bore sizes. ( especially for pump users who love small bores for roll-outs, and even semi users see a big difference with a 0.003 to 0.005 underbore.

this is all 2008 to 2010 knowledge. (aside from phantom barrel channels) doing anything against it would be silly.

maybe spec ops could do a Tip which acts like a conversion, so you get the 9" barrel, the tip then "opens up" and allows you to screw in any barrel with X threading.

the only issue is that builds up cost, and the whole point is to try and avoid it.

#8 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

Well instead of using a freak style, do almost like the TechT iFit style, use 3-6" "inserts" that slide in (and if you wanna get crafty design a way for them to lock in to avoid any type of shifting), but use something other than aluminum, such as brass, or even use alloys. Then have that all 1pieced into a .685 bored 12-14" barrel with the top 4-6" ported.

One thing, while although it would be nice to have an APEX, for those who don't wan't one, don't charge any extra for a "tip" to cover the threads in the end of the barrel, and have a few choices. Nothing too fancy, but nothing that looks like a scrap piece of tubing on the end.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#9 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

Two things.
First, unless Mo has been getting a lot of new equipment and employees and not saying anything, they don't do hard parts. Just their soft goods.
Second, SP isn't around to sue anyone (unless the patents went over to GOG).

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#10 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

Their patents went to Whitehat if I remember.

#11 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 21 January 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

Well instead of using a freak style, do almost like the TechT iFit style, use 3-6" "inserts" that slide in (and if you wanna get crafty design a way for them to lock in to avoid any type of shifting),

the best i'v seen for preventing any shifting is the bob long inserts which go in between the back and the front, when screwed together it effectivly pins the insert between the two piece barrel.

#12 User is offline   thrasher_565 

• Paintball
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

View PostEskimo, on 22 January 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

View PostPrivate Silver, on 21 January 2011 - 10:26 PM, said:

Well instead of using a freak style, do almost like the TechT iFit style, use 3-6" "inserts" that slide in (and if you wanna get crafty design a way for them to lock in to avoid any type of shifting),

the best i'v seen for preventing any shifting is the bob long inserts which go in between the back and the front, when screwed together it effectivly pins the insert between the two piece barrel.

sounds like the freak idea. the Powerlyte Scepter Barrel System old one http://www.pbreview....s/reviews/1337/ has the best insert ever. we no carbon fiber is the best for sound and furious barrel is king for smoothness what ever they use and flasc barrel has the most options. stiffi has alot of colors same with sly. c-barrel has the double thread. and how a suppressor works is by cutting the air away form the ball b4 it leaves the barrel and that's what ports do since suppressor's are a legal. maybe a combo of everything we no about barrels in one but the thing is everyone has patent pending on there ideas like hh and there ports and furious for its smoothness. maybe there a serten level of db it has to be so its not like a suppressor. so here's what i think it sould be. changeable thread adapters furious insert bor custom size like flasc 3-8'' with a heave ported carbon fiber tip like the wispier with the c-barrel threaded tip for apex or other tips. but who no's just my 2 cents

This post has been edited by thrasher_565: 23 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users