• You cannot reply to this topic

R/T vs. E-Trigger Which is better on a 98c? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   b-98c 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:b-recon

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

Hey man whats up..well I have a tippman 98c with an R/t, and a 98pro with an E trigger. With these set ups I have compared and used both many times. I do prefer the response trigger. I've encountered only to flaws, it doesn't work all that well in colder weather, and you have to recock it sometime during fire, "jams" so to speak, but I added a hopper that could keep up with the response trigger turned up, it rips pretty well. The e-trigger is nice don't get me wrong, doesn't freeze in cold or jam at all, but it is a different feel, i like the response trigger cause you can easilychange your ROF, or BPS in seconds, easier to turn down than an e trigger, you can get different BPS rates than an e tirgger. They both are good, I play scenario and love my response trigger. to be honest if I had to do it all over, I would have just gotten the a-5 with egrip. That thing rips.

#17 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:58 AM

I would have to say it depends really, both are a good buy. The thing is, what do you want more, more options or more durability? The R/T is far more durable where as the E-Grip has more options and is easier to use and tune.
Word.

#18 User is offline   PALEAPOC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

Just an update.
I ended up going with the R/T, and other than the fact that I'm using up a bit more air that before, it's working pretty well.

We were out yesterday and it was pretty wet. I was having a kick watching all the guys with electrics trying to keep their components dry.

I love Tippmanns.

#19 User is offline   Suoz250rdr 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Suoz250rdr

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Good choice. I have an R/T and it hasn't let me down even in the worst conditions. Make sure you get a lot of practice with tuning it and finding that sweet spot. After a few matches you'll feel like a pro with it.
I'm Thinkin' Arby's.

#20 User is offline   crimsntyd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:crimsntyd

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:35 PM

Recently, my gun froze up substantially on a cold, humid day when I was really laying down a lot of paint with my 98 with response trigger and cyclone, which I love. But, when it froze up, I started losing range, the more I shot. I assumed it was because of the co2, so I've tried going to an HPA, now I can't get the response trigger to work, and I can't get the gun to fire more than about 260 fps. I've posted this frustration elsewhere and don't have any responses yet. I really love my R/T, but don't know why the air isn't working right. Any ideas?
"Life isn't a problem to be solved. It's an adventure to be lived."
-John Eldredge

#21 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

R/T's dont eat gas... I like mech only markers so I support the R/T. I personally thin the R/T is way cooler then the E-Trigger. Its cheaper too. And you dont need to move your fingers around on the trigger and find the sweet spot really. The R/T can be adjusted and tuned so you can just squeeze the trigger harder/softer in pretty much any spot and it will either shoot faster/slower, depending on how hard you pull the trigger.

#22 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

View Postcrimsntyd, on Nov 24 2007, 03:35 PM, said:

Recently, my gun froze up substantially on a cold, humid day when I was really laying down a lot of paint with my 98 with response trigger and cyclone, which I love. But, when it froze up, I started losing range, the more I shot. I assumed it was because of the co2, so I've tried going to an HPA, now I can't get the response trigger to work, and I can't get the gun to fire more than about 260 fps. I've posted this frustration elsewhere and don't have any responses yet. I really love my R/T, but don't know why the air isn't working right. Any ideas?

You could have ruined the little O-ring on the RT.

#23 User is offline   CrAzEd pumpkin 

• asian balla
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ROK

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:00 PM

response cause its not eletric and can work in any weather, but the E grip is nice to.
all comes down to your choice. oh and for any of them get an electic hopper if
you dont already have one
-i got my avatar changed :(
-spyder owners club 115
-if you dont believe in paintball ''snipers'' or have never been shoot by a person in a ghillie put this in your sig
-98% of this forum this tippmann pwns all, if you are the 2% that disagree put this in your sig
-if your favorite fodd is peas put his in your sig :)

#24 User is offline   crimsntyd 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:crimsntyd

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:25 AM

View PostOrpackrat, on Nov 24 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

Orpackrat, I checked the o-ring on the RT and it looks OK, however, the o-ring on the connection from the line to the cyclone feeder is pretty chewed up. Could this be causing the problem?
"Life isn't a problem to be solved. It's an adventure to be lived."
-John Eldredge

#25 User is offline   Waggles.K 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Waggles.K

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:18 AM

I'd just like to point out that in the Mods & Upgrades Room, almost every single help thread is about problems with the E-grip, not the R/T.

#26 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:16 AM

i would say go for the cyclone and the ape rampage board. the only problem is you will have to get hpa and upgrade your cyclone

#27 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:37 AM

View Postcrimsntyd, on Nov 26 2007, 04:25 AM, said:

View PostOrpackrat, on Nov 24 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

Orpackrat, I checked the o-ring on the RT and it looks OK, however, the o-ring on the connection from the line to the cyclone feeder is pretty chewed up. Could this be causing the problem?

If its leaking air, how will it push the piston forward. O-rings are not meant to be chewed up, replace it and see how it goes.

#28 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:58 AM

Quick thing to point out. With the E-trigger/E-grip, you have some options. When i picked up my A5, it had an E-grip. I think it was one of the originals and it has a screw that you had to use to change the settings. I replaced it with an APE Rampage board. The Rampage board is waterproof and easy to change modes. The only thing you have to do is depress a button and you change modes.

Full auto, you don't really need it. You will just waste paint and are more prone to breakage.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#29 User is offline   -Hoot- 

• Paintball, its not a game, but a way of life....
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

R/T is my favorite but if you want more air use E-grip
My want list How to Ghille your mask,By Curly fryOfficial Commander #62, Official Broadsword #46

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users