• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Getting Surgery On My chest.

#31 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

View Postfoodawg, on Aug 20 2007, 04:31 PM, said:

I'm thinking we could fix this ourselves with a hammer, a screw driver, a wire coat hanger, and some duct tape! Anyone want to help? :laugh:

Seriously, as an old fart who blew medical issues off and now I'm paying for it, get a second opinion (because remember that 50% of the doctors practicing medicine graduated in the bottom half of their class - there's alot of quacks out there and I've met a lot of them) or at least ask the surgeon if he's a different doctor. Get it fixed if it needs to be and don't put it off.

Good luck!

Pretty much they said it's not necessary. But my mom wants it done, so I don't really care.

#32 User is offline   ::SARGE:: 

• ::SARGE::
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sarge

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:08 PM

I am a Malignant Melanoma Survivor.
I had 6 inches of skin removed from my chest.
It put me out of lifting weights, Paintball, anything physcial, Hell, even marching in band,

For 1 month.

Now, I forced myself to march in a band festival 3 days after the surgery, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever done.

(Only reason I did it, I was a senior, it was my last Festival, and I was on the group to go and recieve the awards)

If there breaking ribs and ect. I have to agree, sit your butt down, and enjoy the time off.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users