• You cannot reply to this topic

more upgrades for my 98 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tippmann addict 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:tippmann addict

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:35 AM

hey uh i have a 98 custom pro with a G36 shroud, m16 mag clip, m4 car stock, 16 inch custom products barell, and a bsa green dot scope. now that i have the looks and help on accuracy i want to know what would be a good upgrade because i really want to save on co2 or like internals that would really help me. let me know your advice. thanks
Si vis pacem, para bellum."

if u want peace prepare for war

official sabre, go for the gold! TIPPMANN GO ALL THE WAY!

#2 User is offline   fourthsyde 

• Bringer Of Pain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FOURTHSYDE

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:43 AM

theres not a whole lot of internals that will help... if youre concerned about efficiency i would say get a regulator and or switch to HPA both of these will help you out. ive also seen that an upgraded power tube can help if youre running co2... not too sure about its performance with HPA

#3 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

View Postfourthsyde, on Apr 29 2008, 09:43 AM, said:

theres not a whole lot of internals that will help... if youre concerned about efficiency i would say get a regulator and or switch to HPA both of these will help you out. ive also seen that an upgraded power tube can help if youre running co2... not too sure about its performance with HPA

dude i could have told you all that you need to know. basicly what he said above is right. tippmann are not gas efficient. you could buy a new bolt and power tube. but they really won't do much. sence you use co2 you would have to buy a palmers reg to make a big difference. like he said above switching to HPA would be the best
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#4 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

Ok heres a setup i use and i never break balls no matter how dimpled or cheapy they are.

Jt powertube and front bolt
14" Stiffi
palmer stabilizer
Remote line

i would most reccomend the power tube, stabilizer, and a remote line becasue one it gets the tank off the gun and two betwen the line and the stabilizer the Co2 can expand into a gas form before entering the gun. the powertube and bolt help increase the efficiency marginally and i did it when i put in a response trigger and have suffered no ill effects and by paintballs fly at a tight spread and never break within the gun or barrel.

-Guy In Digi Camo
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:38 PM

There are a couple things that will help air efficiency. A stabilizer can help. It won't directly increase your air efficiency, but it has the capability to. What I mean by that is that it can increase air efficiency by keeping liquid CO2 your of your marker but only if you were getting liquid CO2 in your setup to begin with - noticeable by vapor clouds coming out the end your barrel. Those vapor clouds are liquid CO2 that hasn't fully expanded yet and is pretty much wasted gas. Stabilizers still will improve shot consistency nevertheless.

The other thing you can do is get a spring kit and/or a rear velocity adjuster. The stock velocity adjuster on Tippmanns is one of the reasons why Tippmanns have a slightly mediocre reputation for air efficiency. The stock velocity adjuster works by choking air flow out through the power tube. It's in a convenient position, but it does reduce the air efficiency of your setup. No matter how it's adjusted the marker uses the same amount of air. Tippmann puts in a rather heavy spring to be on the safe side that the marker is capable of firing at a high enough velocity. A spring kit allows you to directly control how hard the hammer hits the valve. A rear velocity adjuster is a convenient means of adjusting the tension of what spring you have in the marker. Ideally you want the lightest spring possible in the marker and the stock velocity adjuster all of the way open.

I'm not sure exactly how your barrel looks, but it could lead to a little inefficiency. Ideally you want 8-12 inches of unported length. Excessive length after that, or a lot of porting after that generally reduces air efficiency.

Make sure your marker is well oiled, and make sure the insides are smooth and clean. If you haven't you may want to polish your marker. That's about all you can do. Other fter market internals such as bolts and power tubes often do more harm than good.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   alphablacktactical 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:thakillas

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

yea if you want to save on Co2, using a barrel 14 inches or smaller would help you also to save Co2. if you increase your barrel in more than likely cercumstances you will increase your accuracy at the cost of more Co2.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users