Special Ops Paintball: Fogging Problems - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fogging Problems What is the cheapest and best way to stop fogging Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wooky 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wooky

Post icon  Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:05 AM

I have had problems with fogging and it relly slows me down......anyone got any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   boiler 

• The bad thing about doing nothing, is not knowing when to stop.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:boiler

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:07 AM

1. start out with a good mask
2. Get a thermal lense
3. get antifog spray
4. Goggle fan

Oh yeah and welcome to the forums.

This post has been edited by boiler: 17 June 2006 - 11:07 AM

EGO 08 OWNER
ETEK OWNER
ION OWNER

#3 User is offline   Gold_Eagle 

• Nice Guy, Evil Job
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gold_Eagle

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

My method costs $0. You breath in your nose and down out your mouth. Or you could buy Anti-Fog Spray, and one of those Doctor's masks. That'll only set you back a few dollars.

#4 User is offline   DSK 

• Woods Crawler, Unprofessionally Trained and Accreditted
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DSK

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:27 PM

The cheapest trick that I found was to go and mix water and dish detergent(the kind of dish soapthat a little goes a loong way) and mix them in a spray bottle. Spray the mix onto the lense, and wipe it off with a paper towel. the Idea is to create a tiny film which doesnt allow moisture to adhere to your lense. You might need to apply multiple sprays to both the inside and outside lens in order to get the right thickness, but the emphasis is on thin. This trick worked for me after it rained and was muggy, for the entire day. It even worked after my mask took a short dip in a puddle.
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)

Viva La Revolution! Merry Christmas everybody!

#5 User is offline   AceOfSpades 41 

• "You can't rollerskate in a Buffalo heard"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AceOfSpades 41

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

View PostDSK, on Jun 19 2006, 02:27 PM, said:

The cheapest trick that I found was to go and mix water and dish detergent(the kind of dish soapthat a little goes a loong way) and mix them in a spray bottle. Spray the mix onto the lense, and wipe it off with a paper towel. the Idea is to create a tiny film which doesnt allow moisture to adhere to your lense. You might need to apply multiple sprays to both the inside and outside lens in order to get the right thickness, but the emphasis is on thin. This trick worked for me after it rained and was muggy, for the entire day. It even worked after my mask took a short dip in a puddle.

I do kind of the same thing, I take ordinary hand soap and buff some on the inside of my lense. This works so well that if you put the lense over a pot of steaming boiling water that it will not fog up, Trust me it woks
YOU AINT NEVA HAD MY CORNBREAD! LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN N A LITTLE BIT A HELL YEA!!

#6 User is offline   arclight642 

• Safety is all of our concern.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:arclight642

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:21 PM

As I have been pumping on these forums lately, Spit brand antifog goo works extremely well for me! Its about $4 retail and you only have to use a bit--a couple drops wiped and buffed on the inside of your lens and you are good to go.......my Vents Helix has a thermal lens and the combo of the two works wonders.

arclight642
IPB Image

How many balls per second are you going to miss me with? --unknown baller

Do your duty, no matter what may come. --Jacques DeMolay

#7 User is offline   Fighter24 

• Fighter-A soldier, an unyeilding or determined person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fighter24

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

A friend of mine uses Cat Crap(not sure if that the spelling) and you buff it on and works like a charm...also pretty cheap.
"I'll lead you to glory or I'll lead you to hell, but I'll be the first one there."-General George Armstrong Custer
IPB Image

Favre4ever

#8 User is offline   Death_Dealer 

• Ghost Flanker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death_Dealer

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:35 PM

a small can of travelers shaving cream ,one small dot in the inside of mask,smear around entire lens " and then clean .
try it out on the bathroom mirror ,smear some on the mirror wipe and turn on hot shower .the mirror wont fog up .also use a bandanna to prevent the sweat from your head from getting the foam wet inside the goggles ,once that starts to get wet ,the mask gets fogged quickly.good luck

This post has been edited by Death_Dealer: 26 June 2006 - 07:36 PM

#9 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:37 PM

Wear a bandana around your face? I don't know because I don't have that problem. I have a V-Force Morph, with the bubble shaped thermal lenses, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to fog. These lenses are AWESOME but they only come on the Morph and Profiler. It's worth the $45.
TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

#10 User is offline   Death_Dealer 

• Ghost Flanker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death_Dealer

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:36 PM

View PostA-5 Assassin, on Jun 26 2006, 07:37 PM, said:

Wear a bandana around your face? I don't know because I don't have that problem. I have a V-Force Morph, with the bubble shaped thermal lenses, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to fog. These lenses are AWESOME but they only come on the Morph and Profiler. It's worth the $45.

i should have been more specific, wrap the bandanna around your forehead ,

This post has been edited by Death_Dealer: 27 June 2006 - 02:37 PM

#11 User is offline   nickanator8 

• tough guys dance, tougher guys dance ballet
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:nickanator8

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:45 AM

check this out http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=66109
click here for the Big Forum Tresure Hunt
If you are a Christian paintballer then put this in your sig | If you dance put this in your sig |98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 98% that agrees put this in your sig. | if you are one of the people who arnt against smart parts put this in your sig | 92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig | put this is your sig if your left handed

#12 User is offline   raindog 

• Sitting On the Angry Chair
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:raindog

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:54 AM

View PostA-5 Assassin, on Jun 26 2006, 10:37 PM, said:

I disagree. I have a Morph and at first it would fog all the time. I had to make my own fan mod, using a PC fan inside the mask. It works great, I used it this past weekend and it never fogged while I had the fan on.
Former A5OG Special Forces Member

Just because your paranoid, don't mean they're not after you!

#13 User is offline   nickanator8 

• tough guys dance, tougher guys dance ballet
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:nickanator8

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:07 AM

View Postraindog, on Jun 29 2006, 07:54 AM, said:

View PostA-5 Assassin, on Jun 26 2006, 10:37 PM, said:

I disagree. I have a Morph and at first it would fog all the time. I had to make my own fan mod, using a PC fan inside the mask. It works great, I used it this past weekend and it never fogged while I had the fan on.

isnt that a little odd in ur mask?
click here for the Big Forum Tresure Hunt
If you are a Christian paintballer then put this in your sig | If you dance put this in your sig |98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 98% that agrees put this in your sig. | if you are one of the people who arnt against smart parts put this in your sig | 92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig | put this is your sig if your left handed

#14 User is offline   PAINTSLINGER05 

• NCSU
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PAINTSLINGER05

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:03 PM

Try windex. It works great with my mask, to prevent Any fogging. Oh, and try breathing techniques, cause this works great. Hope this helps :D
North Carolina State University Paintball Team Captain/President
Are you interested in joining the NCSU Wolfpack Paintball Club? Email me at naisenho@ncsu.edu

#15 User is offline   Craig Niland 

• Penguin the 'Cocker owner
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:54 AM

My Fan Mod

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic