Special Ops Paintball: SPECIAL OPS Scout Vest Review - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SPECIAL OPS Scout Vest Review Pictures Included!

#46 User is offline   sQoshTrEE 

• 10yr Balluh
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SQOSHUA

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:08 PM

w0w, i just got this vest and i must say it is very nice... i got it at a shop so i tried on all of the ones they had...
:ghillie:

this seemed the best fit for me... and im glad i got it... (in 6'5" 20lbs, XL fits nice)

had exacticaly what i wanted, 4+2+1... and the front holds 3 100pods... and there is room up top too...
a nice thing about tis is that the sides are completely open so it vents very well...
I havnt gotten hot at all in this... and it really comfortable, even when fully loaded...
:ghillie:
Official Saber #16, Officialy REF #19,
xBoxLive: TheRiTTZer sQoshyRiTTZ sQoshyEpiqphail

#47 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:45 AM

I just got mine in SO digi and i love it...

Tippman owners group #35

#48 User is offline   McCoy 

• Ghost Leader 101
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Leader 101

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Me and my Brother both gotthe Special Ops Scouts Vest, In Omnipat camo
I Love how it fits on me. The way the web belts is nice and tight, and how it keeps the pods and tank secured on your back without any moving. There are straps that can hold your gun and you mask and anything else you can come up with. The pocket in the front is nice for barrel condom and your squeege. Thats wat I like it for, but you can put small pods and a few grendas in there also. but the promblem is when u lay down its going to hurt. lol. Idk what there called but the loops that hold your radio pocket are nice, you can hang grendas off of them, but I like how its on the shoulder pad, I moved my radio on the back of my right shoulder. makes it out of the way and easier to use my handsfree setup.
I love the camo and how it holds all my gera and still be lighter than my pod pack.
With my gun hanging from it!

#49 User is offline   coywolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:coywolf

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

I just received two of the Special Ops Scout vests last week and was surprised at how well designed they are.
These vests were gifts for my brother's children and they are so good that I think I will have to order two
for my brother and myself.

You must understand that I already have a Special Ops Hammer vest in SO digi-camo and
a Broadsword Six vest in ACU, and a close friend has a Special Ops Recon vest that I sold
to him, so I already have some experience with vests.

As far as price goes, I got the Hammer vest a couple of years ago at an end of season sale,
and I got the Broadsword in ACU as the price for that camo was a big savings,
so I am surprised that the Scout vest is so incredibly good and costs only $79,
which is about the same cost as the Recon Vest (except for the ACU sales promotion on
the Recon vest).

The Scout vest is very versatile. It carries a lot of paint. It allows you to carry a CO2 tank upright
so you don't need an anti-siphon tube. You have a choice to carry 100 round pods in front, or the
large pocket can be used to carry other stuff, like a poncho or some nerf rockets or grenades.
I like the id pocket and map pocket.

The adjustment straps on mine have these nifty little pieces of velcro on the ends that keep the
straps from hanging out loose where they might catch on thorns or vines.
Neither of my other two vests have those, and they are just a fine improvement over
the earlier vests.

I also like having one wide strap on the sides to tighten up rather than three narrow
straps on each side like the Hammer and the Broadsword vests.

I especially like the way the velcro on the internal belt attaches the front of the vest to
your torso more firmly. I will want to add that feature to the vests that I already own.
I will have to find a source where I can purchase some wide strips of Velcro.

I am six feet one inch and about 250 pounds and it seems like I am close to the upper range
that this vest can fit, but by adjusting the velcro in the shoulder down
and by adding a belt to the bottom of the vest, you could fit it to a player two or three inches taller than I am.
I might not be able to wear this vest over the top of an M-65 field jacket, there might not be enough
adjustment left in the vest for me to do that, but the other vests that I own are large enough and
have enough range of adjustment to allow that. Those vests are in the extralarge size and are actually
quite loose when I am not wearing a field jacket or carrying a water bladder.

I actually prefer the Scout vest over the Broadsword and Hammer vests that I already own.
I purchased the Scout vests in the new OMNIPAT camouflage which seems to be a digitized version
of Crye Multicam. Because the vest body is mesh, the pattern of my camouflage uniform
will peek thru the mesh and together they should blend in very well almost anywhere.
OMNIPAT and Multicam seem to be prairie grass and desert patterns, but their coloration
is very natural and should blend in other areas a lot better than ACU does.

I have modified a lot of my cotton ACU stuff with dye.
I modified the ACU pattern on my Broadsword vest by careful application of spraypaint,
because the Cordura nylon does not seem to take dye well.

This post has been edited by coywolf: 09 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

#50 User is offline   endurimil 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:endurimil

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:28 AM

The Scout is one of 2 I'm looking at. Now it's between the Scout and recon vests.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

#51 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:screemindemon

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:27 PM

Depends if you want the tank on your back or on your marker mainly. I've heard alot of people that have the Recon put a tank pouch on it but complain it bounces alot.

#52 User is offline   MunkyX7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

i just ordered a scout vest to go along with the fusion camo i'm getting for christmas.
it should be a good test of the size limit of the vest since i'm 6,2 and pushing 300lbs :laugh:

#53 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

I got one of these vests on sale and I love it. My question has always been about the 3 loops in the bottom front pocket. I see that you used them for a grenade and some smaller pods. How do grenades fit in those? Is it tight enough to keep them from moving around? Were those loops made to hold grenades or was there a specific purpose for them? Anything you know would be helpful.

Now for my review, I love it! I haven't really "tested" it yet. I got it late in the season and have only pklayed one game with it so far. I was a little skeptical about the huge front pouch at first (I thought it looked like a Kangaroo pouch) but the versatility of it proved my doubts wrong. When I would use pods I could quickly slide the empties into the front pouch so I wouldn't have to worry about going back for them later. It also made it easier to take off my gloves or other small pieces of gear without having to set them in the dirt and risk forgetting them.

Only thing is that if you don't adjust it just right for your body it will sag a little bit to wherever the most weight is. (usually on the back) The high neckline can make it a bit uncomfortable if you don't have everything adjusted perfectly. Aside from that I love this vest. I just wish I would have been pationt and waited for the omnipat ones (mine is black)
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#54 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

The loops in the front pocket are for 100 round pods, I did not use the loop for a grenade, I was just using it to show how one would fit in there. But last time I played with it, I had only one grenade in there, no pods, and the grenade was out of a loop and it did not move around too much, nothing noticeable.

#55 User is offline   forestfox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:woodlandwarrior

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:38 AM

i ordered mine for $30 today. I was a little disappointed that the only color on sale was omnipat but for $30 instead of $80 i will take omnipat over digi to save my wallet

#56 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

i know, its a major necro. does anyone know if the front pocket could hold a qpod?
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#57 User is offline   noobiekilla 

• Get In My Belly!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

Probably not. The 100 round pods are pretty tight themselves, I dont even think a 140 could fit in there any way you put it, never mind a Q-Pod.

#58 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

got mine today. tried tp put qpod in the pocket. didnt work. as suggested.
Posted Image

. -Pirate

#59 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

View Postpvt. Leonard L. Church, on Aug 8 2009, 09:00 PM, said:

got mine today. tried tp put qpod in the pocket. didnt work. as suggested.

sorry to hear that. I hope to get mine come friday but I won't be running with q-pods. Guess it gives you extra room to be versatile with, huh?

This post has been edited by Mercy of Spades: 09 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#60 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

not a problem tho. i only got 5 of em. 1 in gun. 4 on back.
good place for my tpx when i get that. oh, and its a good place for food. already tried that. :(
Posted Image

. -Pirate

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users