Special Ops Paintball: Flat Black Paint That Lasts.... - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flat Black Paint That Lasts.... Tired of Spray paint comming off... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:32 AM

I have done some cool looking Camo jods to a few of my guns. The problem is, spray paint gets eaten by paintball paint. Not sure why, but paintball paint seems to soak in, soften, and eventually kill the paint job on your marker.

I've tried a few things, including the use of Matte clear coat. The clear coat helped make this finish last a little longer, but finally it too started looking crappy again.

Anyways, frustrated, I stripped off all the spray paint, and re-painted one of my markers with Dupli-Color 1200 degree black engine paint. This paint has ceramic, and anyone who has used it knows it is super resistant to gas & oil once it is set. Anyways, I followed the standard steps of stripping, cleaning, and drying my marker. I painted it as directed by the spray can, and after 3 days of drying, I baked it in the oven at 300 degrees for about 2 hours. (Remember to remove all plastic parts & o-rings before baking). If the paint is not allowed enough time to air dry, baking it will make your house smell like paint fumes.

I am happy to say, the finish is a nice looking flat black color very similar looking to Tippmann's powder coating. Once finished, I put a little paintball paint in a somewhat hidden spot on the gun, and I think the ceramic paint will hold up perfectly to paintballs.

This post has been edited by M. Deth: 15 October 2008 - 04:42 AM

"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

#2 User is offline   camo_man11 

• Carpe Diem
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:S.Neal

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

i use krylone ultra flat colors. the paint from the pb's dont mess it up at all. i have been using it for about have year so far by playing every other weekend its doing fine

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users