• You cannot reply to this topic

Bolt for the F7

#1 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

I'm not sure if the DP F7 is notorious for breaking paint or anything, but I'm wondering if there is a bolt out there for the marker that is a little gentler on paint. It was pretty cold out (40*) when I was having a break problem and the paint was brittle and higher grade. My guess is that the cold got to it after being outside. But I'd still like to know about any available bolts. I haven't found any.
-Ty

This post has been edited by Ty29: 20 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

#2 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

I think the Violent Series F8 bolt will work in most F7's, and some of them for whatever odd reason require a little sanding of the bolt or bolt pin or something...

You might get a little more help in the PBN Dangerous Power section, there's a lot of F7 and F8 owners in there.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#3 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

I stay away from PbN. TechPB will do only because I'm registered there.
-Ty

#4 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

The DP forums on pbnation are actually really helpful, the stickies have all the info on fusion upgrades. Jus tmake sure to read the stickies before, or atleast attempt to find an answer before posting.

I know of the:

Violent Series (have one coming in the mail) and
Alamo City (I think... google it)

I've actually only had chopping problem when using really low quality paint where the shells don't even feel solid. Other than that I've been fine. I'd go with the violent bolt personally because I've heard much more about it.

This post has been edited by d4rkmonkey: 21 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#5 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

I know there are aftermarket bolts but not sure about who makes them or anything else.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

what hopper u using ?

mine fusion used to break paint alot with the reloader but when i got the vlocity it never did
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

I can only speak from personal experience, but the F8 bolt doesn't work in the F7.
The F8 bolt has two O-Rings on the front. When on, the bolt sticks on every shot.
With them off, if it doesn't stick anyway (because you have to sand it down a lot), it breaks paint worse because the bolt is wobbly.

Alamo City Paintball makes F7 bolts, but they're the only company I know of doing so.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   Small Block 

• Old username= sbcs1085
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:46 PM

I had soooooo many problems with my Alamo City bolt in the spring/summer I will never install it again. With the warmer temps it swelled to the point that when you'd fire the marker (F8) it would get stuck in the forward position. I'd have to pull the bolt back by hand and then shoot again.

The Violent series bolt has been great so far. With the stock bolt and a reloader b2 I was breaking paint like crazy. With the violent bolt, the same hopper, same settings it ran great.

Violent Series bolt gets my vote.
http://warpedsportz....sionf8bolt.aspx

Not sure why the F7 and F8 bolts would be different. Check over at PBN in the DP section, there really is alot of good info in there.

This post has been edited by Small Block: 24 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

#9 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

View PostSmall Block, on Nov 24 2008, 09:46 PM, said:

Not sure why the F7 and F8 bolts would be different. Check over at PBN in the DP section, there really is alot of good info in there.

I have heard of some issues, but I've also seen plenty of f7s with violent bolts in them...

I think I heard that they changed the design at one point to make them work better in F7s, I could be completely wrong though.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#10 User is offline   TyTy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:12 AM

I'll look around. I'm using a B2 which will feed 28bps so a slow feedrate is not my problem :wacko:.
-Ty

#11 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:19 AM

View PostSmall Block, on Nov 24 2008, 07:46 PM, said:

Not sure why the F7 and F8 bolts would be different.

The designs, mostly in the front, are rather different.
The F7 has the small stem, then in impact surface of the bolt. No O-Rings.
The F8 (at least the Violent bolt) is one solid body with a hole for air, and two O-Rings in the front.

Maybe it's just my Fusion (it's actually a pre-production one).
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#12 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

I used to have the same problem with my old F7. Your problem is not the bolt. Halo's and Reloaders just do not work so great in the cold with a Fusion in my expeience. One thing you want to make sure of is that your eyes are absolutely clean. If you broke in the chamber, it likely got paint all over your eyes. Also, make sure there is nothing in the feed neck/bottom of the hopper or raceway that could damage the ball. A small bur could slice a paintball before it even reaches the marker. The problem with mine, however was the detents. the F7 Detents have a tendancy to stick. Clean the ball berring, spring and hole they go in. I put a VERY light coat of oil on the berring, and that seemed to help, but any dirt, paint or debris will cause them to stick, breaking the paintball as it goes by.

Also, turn your velocity down 10-20fps in cold weather, you would be amazed at how much that can help sometimes.

Hope this helps!

Also, I would stay away from aftermarker bolts, from what I have seen, the stock bolt is the better than any other bolt out there. An Eigen ram might help a lil though.

#13 User is offline   {R.A.U.}ThePoonisher 

• "Scary Instinct"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:{R.A.U.}ThePoonisher

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

Ty29 is sitting right next to me in school and he would like to thank you very very much for your help.

-Carl
- - ->Future A51 Baller<- - -

Come back to us when all this is over. There will always be a place for you here.
Will it ever be over? I replied.
Everything that has a beginning has an ending, he said.

#14 User is offline   Small Block 

• Old username= sbcs1085
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

I think the stock bolt with a Halo/Reloader is a problem.

The stock bolt allows the ball to roll back, allowing the next ball in the feedneck to drop down some. Then when you fire, *CHOP*.

The only time, and I mean only time I had chopping issues was with the stock bolt. The whole time I used the ACP bolt (all through the winter and spring) I had no prblems. It wasn't until summer time that the ACP swelled and would stick forward. After re-installing the stock bolt I chopped all day. This was in August and at a field that I've NEVER had a paint problem with.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users