Special Ops Paintball: Terror Attack X: Sovereign Soil - Special Ops Paintball

• (36 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Terror Attack X: Sovereign Soil Camp Blanding Feb. 20 & 21 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#496 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

View PostRealtorTommy, on Feb 17 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

The official Attack of the Sand Spider T-shirts pre-order sale at the event.

Posted Image

Design will be on a black T-shirt. This is the rough draft

Sizes small to extra-large $13.25
Sizes XXlarge to XXXlarge $14.75

If you wish to order your team name on the front there will be a minimum order of 12 shirts. Pricing quoted per request.

We will need a minimum order of 100 now only 80 needed shirts to do this sale. Cash only collected at the event.
We will mail the shirts out to you.

$1.00 of each sale going to help Juliana Wetmore fund. Please visit (www.julianawetmore.net) to learn more about this wonderful little girl.

Sign up sheet for the T-shirt preorder and the paintball grenades will be available at the Team On Target - On Target Customs Vendor Tent

Team On Target ordered 20 shirts....thanks guys

I will be meeting with the T-shirt designer the first of next week. Once I get a final design I will post here and have SXP post on their site.

I have pre-orders from players and several teams so this looks like we have enough to move forward.

I have inquiries about getting team names on the front and will get pricing..also those teams who won an award and wishes to have the award printed on the front I will look into this also.
FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#497 User is offline   FOXHOUND_TeamLeader 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

I hope the issue is resolved. This was also my first event at the MOUT(and my first scenario game) and I had a blast! I'm ready to sign up for the next one. I even came on as a walk on, paid about $250 for the weekend. And I tell you it was well worth it! Other than all the drama that's going on with SXP and the ARNG, i thought Joe did a great job. Thanks to everybody that put there time into this event. Thanks to both teams for making my experience at the MOUT one I will never forget. If this is the last time they let paintballers play at the MOUT(im hoping it isn't), then I am glad I had the opportunity to play there.

#498 User is offline   milsim berry 

• PUNISHER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MILSIM_BERRY

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

If They Ban Paintballer's from the MOUT.Write a letter to your Congresmen.
Christian paintballer
USMC Semper Fi
LOOKING FOR A TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image

#499 User is offline   Juan-M 

• TOT_STRYKER
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:southeast brigade

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

Joe, just want to let you know that there are those of us who support who you are and what you do for the community as a whole by putting on this very unique event for us. and for those people out there that think your trying to screw us over i say screw them, they are a minority and obviously dont have the right attitude to be playing our sport in the first place.

To be honest with you I am ashamed that I had to play on the same field with people who would be so quick to pass judgement on a matter that they actually know nothing of.

We appreciate the hard work you are putting into making sure that we have a place to continue our future Mout events, please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you to help.

/S/ Juan "Stryker" Morales
Team On Target

This post has been edited by Juan-M: 24 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

TEAM ON TARGET
Close Quarters Combat/Recon
Team On Target Leads The Way.

#500 User is offline   LoneWolf99 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:38 AM

Regardless of my personal feelings towards Paintball, MOUT & Blanding in particular - we are in the middle of a war (a couple, actually), and if the US military decides that training takes priority over us using their facilities for paintball, I agree that we shouldn't be allowed there (for the forseeable future).

Forcing them to accommodate us isn't going to help.

#501 User is offline   BLUE LIGHTNING 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

Joe don't let those who are upset get you down. Even though I was on the Blue side and was on the receiving end of hot shots, yellow paint, felt the reffing and paint could have been better, I had a great time. I don't know how any one can complain it was Blanding. You can't have a bad time at Blanding. I hope there will be someone who will host another event there this year. I can't wait till the next event.

This post has been edited by BLUE LIGHTNING: 27 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

#502 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

Here is the truth of the matter concerning Blanding. We need people to stop responding to slanderous rumors and condemming Joe for something that not only did he not do but was not done at all. Please read the official letter and think about what it says. If you still have questions after reading it I will be glad to try and answer them.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=6...35#post65073135
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#503 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKIDDISH

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

View PostBLUE LIGHTNING, on Feb 25 2010, 08:53 AM, said:

Joe don't let those who are upset get you down. Even though I was on the Blue side and was on the receiving end of hot shots, yellow paint, felt the reffing and paint could have been better, I had a great time. I don't know how any one can complain it was Blanding. You can't have a bad time at Blanding. I hope there will be someone who will host another event there this year. On another note I did find an air tank fill nipple cover. If you lost one and can describe it and tell me where I found it I will mail it to you. Please send me a personal message do not reply to this. If it isn't claimed I will give it away to someone I know who needs one.

I'm curious as to how the reffing could have been better.

extremegst.com team website

#504 User is offline   Team Reign of Fire Daytona 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

View Postskiddish9999, on Feb 25 2010, 07:39 PM, said:

Joe don't let those who are upset get you down. Even though I was on the Blue side and was on the receiving end of hot shots, yellow paint, felt the reffing and paint could have been better, I had a great time. I don't know how any one can complain it was Blanding. You can't have a bad time at Blanding. I hope there will be someone who will host another event there this year. On another note I did find an air tank fill nipple cover. If you lost one and can describe it and tell me where I found it I will mail it to you. Please send me a personal message do not reply to this. If it isn't claimed I will give it away to someone I know who needs one.

I have to agree with Blue Lightning and say that the reffing could have been better. I will give specific examples.
1. When you have paintball percing paint pod lids and cracking them from a distance greater than 40'
2. When you have paint being shot from the corner window from building 15B and hitting players 30' from the Blue base and blue members can't reach the red team members.
3. When you have a reffing staff that does not have hand held chronographs on the playing field until the second day of play.
4. When you tell a ref that the opposite team is shooting "Yellow" paint with the evidence on your marker and they say "it is just faded orange."
5. When you tell the ref to watch a law before you launch it at a opposite team tank and it hits but says "it now takes two hits." (Don't know if rules changed the second day)

With that being said, I will also tell you that the reffing staff a good job. There were just a few things that needed to be changed and I don't think it was any one Ref or event during play.

#505 User is offline   RealtorTommy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

Too bad there are bad apples in paintball who think it's ok to wipe, shoot hot, bring in illegal paint ect....The red side had the same happen from the blue side also so the bad apples are a certain percentage that always make our sport look bad. My advice if a ref doesn't give you a response that isn't correct or doesn't sound right ask for the ultimate judge to be called in to make a decision. Then all the refs will be advised and a level of fairness is established for all.
FLORIDA GUNKINGS

#506 User is offline   skiddish9999 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKIDDISH

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

View PostTeam Reign of Fire Daytona, on Feb 25 2010, 08:05 PM, said:

View Postskiddish9999, on Feb 25 2010, 07:39 PM, said:

I have to agree with Blue Lightning and say that the reffing could have been better. I will give specific examples.
1. When you have paintball percing paint pod lids and cracking them from a distance greater than 40'
2. When you have paint being shot from the corner window from building 15B and hitting players 30' from the Blue base and blue members can't reach the red team members.
3. When you have a reffing staff that does not have hand held chronographs on the playing field until the second day of play.
4. When you tell a ref that the opposite team is shooting "Yellow" paint with the evidence on your marker and they say "it is just faded orange."
5. When you tell the ref to watch a law before you launch it at a opposite team tank and it hits but says "it now takes two hits." (Don't know if rules changed the second day)

With that being said, I will also tell you that the reffing staff a good job. There were just a few things that needed to be changed and I don't think it was any one Ref or event during play.

I'm sorry to hear that I wouldn't have let the hot shooting happen. I really wish you would've either went to Ray (head ref), Me, or Eric (Sasquatch)

You should've verified with another ref and if you had people shooting that far then they could've been shooting hot.

I did not have a hand held because I currently don't have 100 to purchase one. I don't think there were personal chronos to take out there. I know I wasn't handed one.

I really wish you had found a different referee then the one that told you that wasn't orange paint if you had the direction from which that came from we would've checked everyone there. That I do not believe was doing his job correctly.

The rules did not change and you should've had him verify with Eric on that. That was not true it was one law from a person carrying a laws card. It was two grenades if I remember correctly. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience because of it but now you've learned that some refs can be wrong and don't be afraid to ask for a clarification from the ultimate or head ref.
I do know there were a few people that were just out there and weren't refs. So they could've been the one telling you this.

extremegst.com team website

#507 User is offline   DESERTFOX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:desertfox

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

Hey Tommy (TOT),

One of your youtube videos of your tank is of me coming up behind it was a LAW, lol. Gonna have to put that on my favorites!!!

You guys could've filmed me though LOL. :laugh:

Good game again.

This post has been edited by DESERTFOX: 25 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

"History will absolve me."

Trailgunners

TG on Facebook

#508 User is offline   Furby37 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Furby37

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

Factual information, as much as there is to be had at this point:

http://thefordreport.com/2010/02/camp-blan...ll-and-airsoft/

#509 User is offline   Team Reign of Fire Daytona 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:35 AM

I wrote a comment yesterday regarding the specific issues I had with the game. Those few items did not make it a bad game for me. I had a great time and I want to also point out some very good reffing that I saw. I had some Ref's come up to me and tell me that I had been hit in spots I could not see. I also had Ref's come up to me right away when I called for a paint check. Any Ref that was out there had a hard time no matter what anyone says. I was a ref in South Carolina and I know how it was. I may have even hit a few Ref's with paint. (sorry)
The one Ref that I can remember that was very on top of it was the one with the spike hat and the tail. He was on top of anything I asked or pointed out. He also chased down someone leaving the field without a barrel cover. That is what a good ref is to do.
I commend all the players, ref's, promoters, generals, and staff. I myself investigated the rumor about Blanding being closed by calling and speaking to someone at "S2 Institute Camp Blanding" before Joe sent out the statement and I was told the same thing Joe got in his e-mail.

#510 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:43 AM

That ref would be skiddish
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment