Here's some quick info for those that need to rebuild their hyper2/hyper3 regs.
1. The regs have threaded ends that unscrew from the marker.
2. The regulators are molded to use an allen key when disassembling.
3. The regs are basic inside. The brass piece has a plastic insert inside it. This is the reg seat. It wears with time and requires replacing when the output pressure is creeping up.
4. On the piston are springs. SLG, PMR, DMs and PM8 has different amounts of shims. Dye states to pack the springs like:
()()()()()()(). However after testing I find the best way to pack the shims are by industry standards which is: )()()()()()(
Hyper2 = 11
Hyper3 SLG, PMR, DMs = 12
PM8 = 13
Hyper3 ASA (aftermarket) = 13
1. Many PM8's were packed wrong at factory. They were loaded like: (((()()()(). This is not correct.
2. Some PM8's only came with 12 springs. Contact Dye if this is the case. I have tried 12 springs and it's hard to shoot over 260-270 fps.
3. Hyper3 regs with the ASA threading have many names Hyper3 ASA, Hyper4, Hyper3 Aftermarket.
4. Deleting a shim will lower the output pressure of the regulator.
Page 1 of 1
Hyper3/Hyper2 regulator rebuild. Hyper4/Hyper3 ASA/Hyper3 aftermarket included.
Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1