• You cannot reply to this topic

Inconsistent Tac-One Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Corvad 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Corvad

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

Alright, so I've had my tac one for about two years now and it has never been as consistent as I know mags can be. This is my one and only mag so other than it, I have no previous mag experience.

To preface the issue, I have read every maintenance guide and watch every video I could find. I have disassembled and reassembled it several times and lubricated it before playing, then dry firing to remove any excess from ruining the shots. I have tuned my lv10 to the best of my ability using the largest carrier that doesn't leak. I run a ninja HPA tank with about 900psi on output through a remote line from a pod pack. I do have a ULT on-off that is tuned for a light pull, but not lightest cause I don't want to tempt a runaway.

Now my automag shoots reliably, just not consistently. No bolt stick, no puffing unless there is an obstruction, and tested with a light touch on the bolt for the anti chop. When I pull the trigger, it fires. When I go play and chrony it the readings are all over the place. I turn it so the highest shot is always around 270, but most of the shots usually land around 255 +/- 15fps and I can't figure out why. I have put several cases of paint through it, seeing as I've had it for 2 years and not changed the orings unless one failed completely. When I chrono I've tried several different methods. One where you hold the trigger down, then release and refire as fast as possible, as well as just pulling the trigger normally. As for the rate at which I put them over the chronoy, its usually no more than 2bps.

So now I turn to everyone here for the help I cannot provide myself, please help me make this the consistent mag I know it can be.

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

I don't know more tha you, but I suggest posting this on the actual automags forum. They know almost everything about mags ;)

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

Well you have me stumped, if you have maintained it well, and im assuming all the O-rings are in check (specifically the O-ring in the regulator)
And you chrono the marker with the "Hold, release and fire as quick as possible" There really isnt a good reason why the marker isnt consistant.
The AO guys might be able to help out with more detail. or even if you called the guy at AGD.

but then I read this again:

"I have put several cases of paint through it, seeing as I've had it for 2 years and not changed the orings unless one failed completely."

hows your spring? ( yes the big bolt spring) if its worn down then your velocity is going to jump. and further, if your using the Gold spring
which works best at 250 FPS rather then 270 - 280 ( Red spring)
if your spring sits flush ( the same level/distance/lenght. ) as the bolt tip, its probably worn out, the springs will last about 35,000 to 45,000 shots, which when broken down, is like 20 cases of paint. ( something i do over a year's time)

if this is the case, you get a spring pack right off AGD's main website.

#4 User is offline   Corvad 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Corvad

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

I have posted this over AO as well to get as much help as possible.

I wished I played enough to put 20 cases through it, but no, my main spring is a good half inch past the bolt.

It has been suggested that it is a bad paint to barrel match, but to me the fps range is too great for that. Still gonna test it out with another barrel I've got.

Currently it was suggested I clean out the reg pin area for any grit and that is where I'm at now. Ran out of air testing the other day so gonna be a little bit before I can get around seeing if it has been fixed.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image

that was the O-ring, which i suggested to make sure is in check,
I guess they went a step further and suggested the entire pin.

*** The little O-ring inside the reg piston, not the one outside the threading. **

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 13 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users