• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Macdev its coming

#1366 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

yeah, the noid takes a ton of juice to actuate. That is the biggest drain on the battery. If you have an Xmod it takes even more juice than the normal software, or so i was told by numerous people.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1367 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:10 PM

Quiet in here...

Anyway I ended up returning the E-Mag, I just didn't think it was worth the trouble... so I'll have my $600 or so back in a few days once it arrives at the guy's house again.

And today I got my new battery harness for the Borg, as well as a new MacDev 08 on/off (really freaking sweet ASA) and an 07-style red valve, which I did notice changed the sound signature a little while dryfiring, and seemed to reduce the kick a little bit. And I got my new Matchstick front and back, so now I have a fully-compatible 14" front and .685, .689 and .693 backs :(.

Oh yea and how could I forget the bottle of Gold Cup for the Mag :wacko:.

I can't believe it's already almost October... I better get in contact with Andy @ Warped again about the milling...

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#1368 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

You returned it? I woulda kept it even if it was filled with baby guts, but I guess I just like E-mags
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#1369 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

Eh, the E-Mag just didn't impress me all that much. The Level 10 wasn't fully tuned so it still chopped paint and it only worked in mechanical mode, so to fix both of those issues I'd need to spend another $100+ on it, which I did not want to do. As I had it, it was basically just a lighter version of the Mag I have now with a double trigger and lighter pull. Definitely not worth my $640...

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#1370 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

but... it was... an Emag... :D
Still misses DoN ;_;

#1371 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:26 PM

Yea... but it was really just a faster version of my normal mechanical Mag, which is still fast enough for me in almost any situation. I thought it'd be neat to have a Mag with an electro trigger pull with Cocker threads and anti-chop and whatever... but well, I just wasn't that impressed with it in mechanical mode and didn't think it would end up worth it to work out the electronics issue. It was either fix the E-Mag and not play for nearly another month, or return the E-Mag and have enough money to play easily for the next few months even if I don't go to work at all... and if I returned the E-Mag and worked my usual 32 hours per pay period (2 weeks) I'd have enough to keep playing for a while as well as still afford to have the Borg milled and anodized and such. Which I'll probably do in a few weeks. I keep feeling the urge to pick up a new mechanical marker (leaning towards a Blazer recently), or for some reason a Marq or PM8 :evil:.

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#1372 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Sep 9 2008, 06:26 PM, said:

Yea... but it was really just a faster version of my normal mechanical Mag, which is still fast enough for me in almost any situation. I thought it'd be neat to have a Mag with an electro trigger pull with Cocker threads and anti-chop and whatever... but well, I just wasn't that impressed with it in mechanical mode and didn't think it would end up worth it to work out the electronics issue. It was either fix the E-Mag and not play for nearly another month, or return the E-Mag and have enough money to play easily for the next few months even if I don't go to work at all... and if I returned the E-Mag and worked my usual 32 hours per pay period (2 weeks) I'd have enough to keep playing for a while as well as still afford to have the Borg milled and anodized and such. Which I'll probably do in a few weeks. I keep feeling the urge to pick up a new mechanical marker (leaning towards a Blazer recently), or for some reason a Marq or PM8 ;).

-Z3R0

if u go a pick up a marq or pm8

held both because u might not like the feel the marq feel is amzing
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#1373 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

I've held a Marq... it's pretty nice... dunno what else to say ;).

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#1374 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

E-Mag refund is pending in PayPal... now to figure out what to get next. I'm going to wait until after Cup and see what comes out then of course, but I think I'm going to try for either the new Borg (depending on how much it's changed from the 06/07's), or get an Alien Independence...

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#1375 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:16 AM

Alien Independence?! Now there's a marker I haven't heard about in awhile and one that will get a few curious looks in the staging area. I don't think I've ever actually seen an Alien marker in person.

Btw, Blazers are great but you've gotta realize they have to go home once every year or two to be retuned and, due to shipping costs to Canada, that could get real spendy.

#1376 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:25 AM

Yea, shipping is usally $25-30-ish whenever I send stuff to the USA and about the same back, so the Blazer would cost me $50-60 a year to keep it shooting nicely...

I don't know what colour(s) I should get the Cyborg or Indy in. I guess I'll need to see the new Borg first before I decide what colours it really looks good in, but the Indy looks good in any colour :P. So far I'm leaning towards Black and Gold, White and Gold, and the all black one...

-Z3R0
Posted Image

#1377 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

Red, Black, or a combo of both!

Anywhoosits, I have an off topic question thats been haunting me for some time. Why is Bruce Spingsteen referred to as "The Boss?
Still misses DoN ;_;

#1378 User is offline   shade 

• Shade: A disembodied spirit... a ghost
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ramapo

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Sep 14 2008, 07:25 AM, said:

Yea, shipping is usally $25-30-ish whenever I send stuff to the USA and about the same back, so the Blazer would cost me $50-60 a year to keep it shooting nicely...

I don't know what colour(s) I should get the Cyborg or Indy in. I guess I'll need to see the new Borg first before I decide what colours it really looks good in, but the Indy looks good in any colour :D. So far I'm leaning towards Black and Gold, White and Gold, and the all black one...

-Z3R0

Dust white and gloss gold would look sick.
The hardest enemy to defeat is the one you cannot find.

#1379 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:08 PM

I figured I'd give you guys first shot, since you're the MacDev nuts. :(

Anyways, I'm probably going to sell my 'Borg and Magna, possibly my 91/45 as well. I'm not unsatisfied with it or anything, it's just that I've gotten bored playing with anything but pump and pistol, and I hate to see it lounge in my room when someone out there could be running it. I'm looking for $400 for it, $500 with my Magna. Pics are somewhere in this thread, but you probably remember it anyways (Gloss black with bronze accents).

It's in great shape, Magna has only ever seen action at D-Day (And was fantastic!), and the 'Borg was tuned-up by the Empire tech there as well. I'll be putting up a full F/S thread later, but if anybody lurking the thread wants their own piece of MD action, here it is.

No trades, unless you happen to have a set of Skyjacker or OME 2" shocks, 2" springs, 1" body lift or 4.10 gears for a Jeep TJ. :(

#1380 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hmm... I don't think I really need it since I already have an 06 Borg and Magna myself... :P.

-Z3R0
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (94 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users