Special Ops Paintball: Best stock for Tippmann US Army Carver One? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best stock for Tippmann US Army Carver One? My sister is getting into paintball. :) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lonewolf03 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hey guys! My sister has recently taken an interest in paintball after I told her about a recent game. My dad and I decided this would allow us to go paintballing more. I think the best marker for her is the Carver One. (My dad and I both have Project Salvos.) My question is, what is the best stock to buy for the Carver One? Thanks!
I love my Project Salvo.

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

I know it has been a month, but since no one has answered I will.

Because she is just getting started I would highly recommend she play with the marker bone stock. After a while if she wants a stock I recommend an M4 style collapsible stock. If there are a lot of tight bunkers where you play at I would recommend the folding collapsible stock.

One thing to keep in mind is that running air on gun with a stock the tank will get in the way. If she does end up going with a stock I would get her a remote line or reverse mount the ASA. It would be easier to go the remote line route since you will have to do some custom work to install a standard ASA with side discharge instead of the Carver One ASA with front discharge.

#3 User is offline   Lonewolf03 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Thanks. I don't think she will be extremely serious, so a bone stock would work.
I love my Project Salvo.

#4 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

You are welcome. Since you now plan to keep it bone stock you could always look into a stock plate that goes onto the back of the tank. I know they make them for the most common sizes of CO2 tanks. Not sure about any for HPA tanks, but a plate for a 20 oz CO2 tank might fit on a 48/3k steely.

The only other things I would do is get a different barrel and an agitated hopper. For barrels I recommend a J&J ceramic. For hoppers I would look for a nice used Viewloader Revolution (also called a Revvy).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users