Special Ops Paintball: any good A5 UPGRADE recomendations? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

any good A5 UPGRADE recomendations? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

i have a stock A5 with a 14' SP progressive barrel and was looking to see if anyone recomended any upgrades to get

like a stock or new bolt or anything

price is no object
Put this in your sig if your a boss....

#2 User is offline   Eros 

• Super Serious Absurdist
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

View PostxWashburnx, on Mar 6 2010, 07:45 PM, said:

price is no object

Get a Tac-One and be done with it.

Edit: In all seriousness, polish your internals, buy high quality lube, and either get a Stab or switch to HPA.

This post has been edited by Eros: 06 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

Stand before the gates and watch metropolis, empires come and go we live forever.
And eternity is in your hidden eyes, take my broken wings teach me to fly again.
Down the empty streets head for the seven hills, vestal virgins dance, we steal the fire.
Battered columns stand as silent monuments, deep inside their dreams I see your memories.
I stand alone, we stand alone.
We Stand Alone ~ Covenant

#3 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

View PostEros, on Mar 6 2010, 07:53 PM, said:

price is no object

Edit: In all seriousness, polish your internals, buy high quality lube, and either get a Stab or switch to HPA.

can i use hater marmalade on an A5?

also i wanted to go to HPA but the guy at my local shop said A5 sometimes have trouble with HPA

#4 User is offline   Eros 

• Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostxWashburnx, on Mar 6 2010, 08:05 PM, said:

price is no object

also i wanted to go to HPA but the guy at my local shop said A5 sometimes have trouble with HPA

I have no idea, I've never used it. I use whatever the gun manual tells me too. According to this: http://www.tippmann....A5/a5manual.pdf You should use Hoppes #9.

I've never had a problem with A5s and HPA. That said, I haven't used every A5 out there.
Stand before the gates and watch metropolis, empires come and go we live forever.
And eternity is in your hidden eyes, take my broken wings teach me to fly again.
Down the empty streets head for the seven hills, vestal virgins dance, we steal the fire.
Battered columns stand as silent monuments, deep inside their dreams I see your memories.

#5 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

i heard hoppes is bad for orings because its petroleum based..... they tell u to use it because its cheap and widely availible

#6 User is offline   Eros 

• Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

This may be entirely true (I've never seen any effects on my o-rings, but again, I haven't used every A-5). However, if you need to send your gun in to repair, then I think you should stick with what Tippmann says to use.

#7 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

View PostEros, on Mar 6 2010, 08:21 PM, said:

This may be entirely true (I've never seen any effects on my o-rings, but again, I haven't used every A-5). However, if you need to send your gun in to repair, then I think you should stick with what Tippmann says to use.

ya i heard that too haha..... any stock suggestions or dont you not own one

#8 User is offline   Eros 

• Pip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

View PostxWashburnx, on Mar 6 2010, 08:41 PM, said:

View PostEros, on Mar 6 2010, 08:21 PM, said:

ya i heard that too haha..... any stock suggestions or dont you not own one

I like the T2W, or Mp5-style sliding stocks.

#9 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

No idea why anyone would say A5 would "have trouble" with HPA - markers are generally made to take both CO2 or HPA...unless they are high end electros, which can use ONLY HPA.... (I use a 98C, HPA is perfect).

As for stocks, see if you can get your hands on a Spec Ops Dogleg stock :D I have one on my 98C (they make A5 specific ones) http://www.pbreview....s/reviews/4103/ ... allows you to get your mask in behind so you can actually see down your gun.

I'd probably recommend Tech T squishy paddles for your cyclone, help with old paint/cold weather (less breaks).

#10 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:50 AM

View PostxWashburnx, on Mar 6 2010, 10:05 PM, said:

price is no object

you wont have any problems with hpa and your a5 ... and if you decide to get another gun later that takes only hpa, you'll already be set for whichever one that you want to use

one last thing ... if youre buying the a5 for the mil sim look, and the ugrade-ability then you made a great choice. if you are getting it to play woodsball and be sneaky, then that is prolly not the marker for you .. the a5 is like an elephant gun and will give your position away every time .. if you have an a5, then you go loud and proud ... there is NO upgrade out there that will reduce the sound signature of your a5 to the point of being a stealth weapon ... not using an lpa, rva, new internal power tubes ... you can make it a quieter a5, but it will never be a "quiet" marker

the new squishy paddles for the cyclone would be good, but a spare set would be worth the investment to take with you to games ( which could be the originals too )

This post has been edited by klaatu: 07 March 2010 - 03:01 AM

#11 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

I bought it for i little of both. I can reduce sound with a good barrel like my SP Progresive but im not really a fully milsim guy. I like both woodsball and wanna try getting into speedball too.

This post has been edited by xWashburnx: 07 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

#12 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

there are markers out there that are well suuited for both fields .. autocockers come to mind... very stealthy, and fast, but can be high maintenance

if you already have the a5, then go out and just enjoy the heck out of it.... tippmanns are extremely reliable and fun guns ... as you move forward into other forms of pb, you just might find you want additional, or other markers

#13 User is offline   Eros 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

View Postklaatu, on Mar 7 2010, 10:05 AM, said:

there are markers out there that are well suuited for both fields .. autocockers come to mind... very stealthy, and fast, but can be high maintenance

Autococker trilogies are perfect for that. No muss, no fuss, and barely a cocker, but still a very good marker.

#14 User is offline   xWashburnx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

View PostEros, on Mar 7 2010, 11:13 AM, said:

View Postklaatu, on Mar 7 2010, 10:05 AM, said:

Autococker trilogies are perfect for that. No muss, no fuss, and barely a cocker, but still a very good marker.

High Matinince = me no likey :(

thats one of the downsides to the A5.... its a annoyance to clean......

Phenom > A5

but i still love my A5

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users