• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

vest

#1 User is offline   KIEFER583 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

hey everyone i just wanted some input on a good paintball vest to get. i have been looking on opsgear and they all look good haha but idk wich one to choose please give me some input

#2 User is offline   Jones 

• Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

What's your budget like? That could be a large factor.

I absolutely love my Special Ops Scout vest. It isn't too big and bulky but still has plenty of room for the stuff I carry.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:11 AM

Yeah - you have to give us more info on what you want in a vest. Do you want it to carry air/co2, 100rd pods only, 10rd tubes, radio, etc?
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

Name your budget and how much gear you want to carry.

Personally, I'd recommend Special Ops for a good starting point. It's not just because it's their forum, it's because I really do like their stuff.

I have pod packs from other companies, but the only vests I own are Special Ops. I sold my non-SO ones because I like the SO ones so much more.

Try looking at This section of their site. You can also see what MOLLE pouches they have and see what you want to do. Or on the other hand, if you want to go totally custom, you can do that too.

On a tight budget, try looking at a Forge vest (maybe the zip front or MOLLE front with a light back). On a bigger budget, maybe keep the Forge idea going, or look at a Dagger IX or Broadsword IX (depending on what you want to carry).
Member of Team Akkadian

#5 User is offline   STRIP3Sosu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

I have used a multitude of vests over the past couple of years. I have used vests from SpecOps, OpsGear, RAP4, and FullClip. Off my vests, I felt the Sabre vest made by SpecOps and my current Rack/Rig Combo vest from FullClip are my favorites. If anything, I recommend FullClip hands down. They are top of the line and have customer service that is second to none. Typically, you can get a MOLLE style vest setup for around $250-$300. They also have their Conflict Vest that is really good as well. Can carry lots of paint.

Taking budget into account, SpecOps and Valken both offer great setups. SpecOps can also let you custom design a vest. For me, I prefer MOLLE setups so I can change pouches from game to game. Do research first along all companies that make paintball vests, pay attention to quality, price, and sizing.

#6 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Alrighty then, just up am ally :)

I have spent the better part of 2 months looking up vest. Now my research was based on my particular situation( on and of field use, survival situations, real weapons bases), so this may not be for you. But I will say that my opinion was weighed on a versatile vest set up.

OK, in a vest you should look for versatility, durability, and comfort. You want a versatile vest that will allow you to add or take away attachments as you wish for different situations. Durability is an obvious as also is comfort. You want a vest that will last a good while and be comfortable on the field.

Specifics: Now as far as versatility goes, there is no substitute for MOLLE. You also might want to consider hydration, you can store quite a lot of water in a vest. And once you start getting away from the cheaper vest(around 30$ and up), quality is pretty much the same( good quality, but dose wear and tear with time). Now if you want superb quality, your talking about 150$ and up. And along with fairly good quality vest and better, comfort is no longer an issue. You can pretty much bet on a nice and cozy vest.

OK, here is what I came up with as far as the three points I mentioned earlier, but with one more added, price. The Condor Mush hydration vest and the Camelbak tactical vest. http://www.condorout...rationvest.aspx http://www.camelbak....tical-Vest.aspx

The Condor is about 50$ and dose not come with hydro pack. And the Camelbak is around 150$ ish( pay no attention to the sites listed price, you can get them cheaper elsewhere) and it dose come with a hydro pack. Botha re VERY nice vest, and I would take either one any day.

#7 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

I have always wanted to use a plate carrier as a base vest. SOme of the guys at dday had em and they looked nice. Worked great too
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#8 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

I was gona go that way, but thought twice. they look cool, but why use a plait carry for paintball, you dont need armor.

#9 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

The weight distribution was good, and they didnt seem to ride up as much as some of the other vests I saw.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#10 User is offline   STRIP3Sosu 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

Plate carriers are great vests to work with, very versatile. But, a bit cumbersome to get on and off. I tried it and was alittle peeved about the cumber bun on the vest. Vest choosing is a matter of personal preference; try out vests and pick the best one that meets your budget, fits well, and is designed for your style of play.

#11 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

I use a "plate carrier" on occasion when I want to carry more paint. It's a prototype item that special ops made years ago based on the Crye unit. It holds weight well & offers pretty good flexibility as it does ride higher, about 4-6" above the waist versus most vests. It has 3 quick release buckles on the left side instead of a cummerbund type closure so it comes off pretty easily. I've only used it once this summer because it is too hot, I now run just a small chest rig for warm weather.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#12 User is offline   TPX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

For a vest, I would suggest that you check out wtfpb, or one of the s.o. dagger vests.

I use one of the old s.o. molle pod packs, and an h harness. It's really light, and breathable, because it isn't a full vest. But then it helps that I only run with a pistol, pump, or milsig, so I don't need pods or bottle pouches for a remote line.

This post has been edited by TPX: 05 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Disparando paintballs, ocho en una vez con mi T9, y T8. Currently have: t8-black-with trg, t9-black with longbow stock, milsig paradigm-black,upped mech ion-black,stock a5-black, cci phantom-green. Spec-Ops official fanboy #1<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users