• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sly mask Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Reaper301 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

Ok, let me start by telling yall the history: I have been playing paintball for about 3 years and have been kind of a gear/gun whore. I have had most of the masks on the market, looking for the right one. i have had (in somewhat order) V Force profiler, shield, grillz, Dye I3 pro, Empire Vents and EVents, JT flexes and my favs up until last week the JT flex8. Well I came back from a deployment a few weeks ago and while i was gone ordered a proto el mask and played with it my first game back, it fogged like crazy. I was super disappointed with it. so i drug out my trusty flex8 and played the rest of the day with only minor fog but they are getting worn out pretty bad. so i went to the Sportsmanís Lodge, the local field and store were my team and I are affiliated with and I seen the new Sly goggles. Well I am a stickler with money so I was hesitant on $90 purchases, so I thought about it almost a week. Well the Friday before last, the day before we played again I went back into the store and bought them, let me tell you what!!! Well worth the money!! I had only minor complaints about anything and that is there is no forehead protection, and no visor. I played in 90+ temperatures and sweat like a water filter, no fog, super comfortable. The 2 tone lenses worked great in both the woods and in the town were there was extremely bright sun. The double strap held the mask secure to my face and free from slippage.
The pros: The profile of the mask is a bit small, it hugs my chin but it allows my head to be on a swivel and doesnít obstruct my range of motion. The lens allows for great peripheral vision. The lens is easily removed without the aid of stupid little clips to hold anything in place that are easily lost. The mask is made of a stiffer material that flexes for bounces but doesn't flex to the point of hitting you in the mouth. There are pads inside the ears to protect you from the annoying hear shot, but doesn't affect the hearing.
The cons: no visor, for people like me with the larger heads...... gets a head wrap... your gunna need it.
I got the Camo one with the 2 tone tint and clear lens!
I love this mask!!!!
Here a pic of me playing with it on at the Sportsmanís Lodge Jacksonville NC.
Posted Image
thats me on the left my buddy/teammate Combat Camera off the the right!
Posted Image
little fuzzy but me and my new mask and the etek slinging some paint
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Reaper301: 09 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Reaper
Chrono301 XO
Camp Lejeune
Jacksonville NC

#2 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Cool man, I'm glad you like them!!

P.s. are those Valken Tactical pants? How do they work for ya?

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

View PostReaper301, on May 9 2010, 02:45 PM, said:

I had only minor complaints about anything and that is there is no forehead protection, and no visor. I played in 90+ temperatures and sweat like a water filter, no fog, super comfortable.

The cons: no visor, for people like me with the larger heads...... gets a head wrap... your gunna need it.
I got the Camo one with the 2 tone tint and clear lens!

Posted Image

1) I think The thing with alot of people Is we are stuck in a mentality of "must have visor, must have huge fore-head" But thats like the mentality of "Must have Big hood scoop, Must have V8"
The visor stops rising airflow out of the mask, and the big fore heads trap air inside, between the two its a great combination for fog, I like that masks are being created to do what they are ment to do, Protect your Eyes, and do it well without fogging.

There is Enough players with use head-bands or hats or anything else to even use a visor or a big fore-head, and ontop of that the Two tone lenses and the tinted lenses that visors are useless.

anyways Glad you like the mask,

And 2) I like this picture the best :)

#4 User is offline   ZooTown 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

For me my Sly mask fogs but only every once in a while or every other game. Can't seem to figure it out but it makes me made paying all that money for fogging.. Thinking of a fan for those foggy days..
Mission: Build first woodsball set up in time for 2012 super game.
Primary: TM7 (goals: Rip clip/tac cap, flasc barrel, red dot)
Objectives-- Gain sidearm, Outfitted vest, biggest HPA I can and a team.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users