Special Ops Paintball: Size comparison between tanks - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Size comparison between tanks 3.5oz CO2 Tank vs. 13 cu/3000psi HPA Tank. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ritsuka 

• One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:D-Becks

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

I'm looking to get a smaller air tank as I don't shoot that much paint, and the one I currently have is literally a tank (it weights a ton, and is terribly bulky). I'm wondering if anyone here could post a picture of a 3.5oz CO2 tank next to a 13 cu/3000psi high-pressure air tank for a size comparison. I want to try and run my tank from my vertical air source adapter, but I'm not sure a 13/3000 high-pressure air tank will fit, but I know a 3.5oz CO2 tank will.

I was going to try and run stock class, but twelve grams are just far to expensive for my liking unfortunately.
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad like the most of us are, very hard to explain why your mad, even if your not mad."

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

Posted Image
48 ci, 22 ci, 9 oz, 13 ci, 3.5 oz, 4 oz (could have the last two switched)

Posted Image
22 ci, 9 oz, 13 ci, 3.5 oz, 4 oz (could have the last two switched)

Posted Image
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   Ritsuka 

• One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:D-Becks

Post icon  Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

Thanks Legato

I will probably go with the 3.5oz CO2 for price and size. I just did some calculations and running a 13/3000 air tank would be more expensive than running stock class.

My field charges $2.5 for filling CO2 tanks under 12 oz, and $1 per one thousand psi for HPA tanks.

The cost per shot for the 13 cu/3000 psi HPA tank is $0.024 a shot. ($3.00 divided by 125 shots)
The cost per shot for the 3.5 oz CO2 tank is $0.008 a shot ($2.5 divided by 300 shots)
The cos per shot for 12 gram cartridges is $0.016 a shot ($0.50 divided by 30 shots)
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad like the most of us are, very hard to explain why your mad, even if your not mad."

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

You need to sit down and talk with the field owner. See if you can get a disount on your fills due to the size.
When I traveled I asked for and received a discount filling my 3.5oz co2 at every field. They understand how small your tank is and see the reasoning.

At our field we sell all day air or co2 fill cards. Our co2 is priced at $.25 an ounce, so a $5 card gets you 20oz.

Ask and you may receive.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users