Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Break in period? Is there one? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

OK. I got my Trilogy cockers (Pro and Pro SF) earlier this week and brought them to the fox4 scenario game today. Long story short, one of them got a ball jamed in the bolt and the other was all over the place in terms of speed, so I borrowed my friend's Ion...which didn't turn on. There was too much crap on all the tables to sit down and see what was going on. After that I decided to call it a day before I caused any more guns to malfuntion.

But to the point, I got the one with the jammed ball working again, that was easy- The other one was shooting +/- 50 fps with HPA. So one of my friends said that cockers have a break in period, but the field owner said they didn't. Needless to say this confuses me. If they need to be broken in, then I'lll just dry fire it a bunch and play some speedball to get it working. If not, I'd like to know what could cause those velocity fluctuations?
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

So you want to know why it's called an A5?

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

I'll bet you $10 the above post is telling you to buy an automag.

#2 User is offline   ciarr82 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hoodwink

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

I've only ever seen fluctuations like that with co2 in the winter...regulators do have a breakin period but +/- 50 is a lot. The only thing I can think of is that the regs might be dirty. After that I'd take the gun apart, if you know how to put it back together and make sure every thing is clean. Hard to guess given the information.
IPB Image

IPB Image

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:36 PM

congrats on playing today, it looked fun. I showed up for a bit to see my teammates and see the before game briefing. I left shortly after 10 though. On to your problem..

in addition to what ciarra said, did you use a barrel kit, or just a single bore barrel today? How well did the paint fit? Roll outs? Paint quality and bore sizing are huge in a cocker if you want consistency. Invest in a kit
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:31 AM

I used the stock kit, however I did a test and it fitted the paint I was using (polar ice) perfectly. Though the polar ice I bought at fox 4 was sevearely dimpled, that might have something to do with it.

Thankfully I like about 10 minutes away from maynard, so once they open I'll play some speedball to see if they work.
"A bad day of paintball is one where I never get hit. If I don't look like I got date-raped by an octopus by the end of the day, thats a bad thing."

If I could assemble a new regulator for a paintball gun, I could build a liver. How hard could it be?

Automaggot #79

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:36 AM

yeah bad paint will definitly affect your consistency. Very badly. Specially if they look like golf balls or are deformed. Try some fresh new paint and see how it is. But yes, the reg also takes a few cases to be broken in. But a 50 fps swing is drastic, far too drastic for just needing to be broken in.

I always wanted to play at maynard. Never got round to it. Let me know how it is. I play fox 4 mostly, and friendly fire every so often. Both fields are less than 10 min from my condo, so its nice.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:55 AM

Do you have any other regulators? YOu can swap it out to see if its just the reg.
DId you call wgp and ask whats wrong since that 50+- is ludacris.

#7 Guest_Buckwheat_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:56 AM

Not meaning to contradict you Legato, but isn't ball sizing and "break in" period a little bit much for +/- 50?

Maybe clean the reg? Not really sure though .... :ghillie:

#8 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:19 AM

Maynard is good for speedball, but thier woodsball field is rediculousely small. It's good for quick action, but is nothing like woodsball in upton.

The schematic that came with it dosn't show me how to take apart the regulator and clean it. Dose anyone know where I can find one so I can put the thing back togeather?

This post has been edited by SPEDcial Forces: 04 March 2007 - 06:20 AM

Automaggot #79

#9 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:32 AM

Did you put any oil through the gun yet? THat is the way most people recomend to lube it and that could possibly do it(worked for me once).

#10 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:07 AM

that game was fun as heck but it wore me out so fast(10lb cannon i was carrying around)....but i think that a little oil might help out a bit..

#11 User is offline   SPEDcial Forces 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:47 AM

View PostGwac, on Mar 4 2007, 06:32 AM, said:

Did you put any oil through the gun yet? THat is the way most people recomend to lube it and that could possibly do it(worked for me once).

I put oil through it after the game, but not before. I'll test it out once I get my hands on a crono.

Also, I noticed the regulator was wobbly. This might have something to do with it. I'm going to dry fire them a bunch today, and then I'll crono it and see if it's shooting consistantly. If it dose end up working well enough with the lubing I'll leave it at that, if not I'll clean and tighten the regulator.

Automaggot #79

#12 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:59 AM

View PostBuckwheat, on Mar 4 2007, 07:56 AM, said:

Not meaning to contradict you Legato, but isn't ball sizing and "break in" period a little bit much for +/- 50?

Maybe clean the reg? Not really sure though .... :wub:

Break in, yes. Bad quality balls can definitly do that though. if they are all different sizes and shapes. If one starts rolling down the barrel and you fire it, it will go at a far slower speed than one that is fired from whre it should be in the breech. I could very well be wrong though, you are right. Thats why i said just try it with new fresh paint later. He did say his paint was really dimpled and such.

View PostTM SNPR, on Mar 4 2007, 09:07 AM, said:

that game was fun as heck but it wore me out so fast(10lb cannon i was carrying around)....but i think that a little oil might help out a bit..

pssshaw. Lose some "upgrades" on that tippmann and youll be much lighter. Or go rock a pump. Much much lighter. Slings can help too, quite nicely.

#13 User is offline   ciarr82 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hoodwink

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

I'm not sure what regs the trilogy has but all you have to do is unscrew it; if there's no c-clip. That's the toughtest part is unscrewing it.

If there aryou look at the bottom of the reg and there are two really little circles poking out from the sides of the reg before the adjustment screw then you hvae a c-clip. They make a tool for this but you can get it out with two point implements. Getting it back in can be hard with only your fingers though.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users