Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wow...quality you can trust a good story

#1 User is offline   BrutishOpus 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

Down the street from my house a persons dog got attacked by a couple of coyotes, and hes always seeing me shot my marker in my backyard so he asked if I could go shot the coyotes so he doesn't have to get them killed (animal lover...)

So I had some really (I mean really) old paint, I think about a year or two old sitting in my garage, this paints seen summer, winter, spring, and fall weather and the balls are all warped and brittle to the touch, I could drop one from shin height and at least 3 out of 5 would crack

Soooooo, I whipped out my fancy super-duper 06 XSV Ego and went on a hunt for coyotes, only one freakin ball made it out of the barrel and it turned out to be a soup fest, after cleaning the barrel and covering all angles, at the end of the use of my Ego I came to a conclusion, my $1200 marker will not shot this paint, simple.

Well, I have a ion thats been neglected for about 2 years, I have not even cleaned it since I put it away, its been sitting in my closet with 2 year old lube, all I had to do is change the battery, so the next day (today, like 10 min ago) I tried again with my Ion and went on hunt number 2...

My freakin $250 Ion that hasn't been shot in 2 years and had a slight leak somewhere shot this paint perfectly, just to be fun I even put it on psp ramp and turned up my velocity a bit so make it hard on the ion to work so good, after shoting a coyote and runnin em off mi land..., I had fun with a bag of 2 year old paint and my trusty Ion

well, heres the end if I'm boring you-

The Ion is quality you can count on, everytime I need a backup marker I dust off my old trusty and let it rip, I cant believe my duper-super SL66 XSV Ego could not preform against a simple Ion with no upgrades,

THE ION, QUALITY YOU CAN COUNT ON

word....

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

Ill take that ego off your hands for you....

Ill send you an ion too haha

Yea most tourney guns cant shoot anything less than great paint...imo one of their biggest flaws.

Peace,
Teddy K

#3 User is offline   BrutishOpus 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

lol, thats ok I still like my Ego, but just a bit confused about why I paid so freakin much for a marker that I expect to work great everytime, I might have well just bought 3 Ions and tricked them all out to the max

#4 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

View PostBrutishOpus, on Mar 6 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

:mellow: some reason this thread caught my attention

#5 Guest_PhantomAssassin_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

View Poststolz, on Mar 6 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

View PostBrutishOpus, on Mar 6 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

:mellow: some reason this thread caught my attention

Pshh...It's true!

#6 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:45 PM

I picked up and fired an SL-68 that hadn't been touched in 18 years. Put on an air tank, a handful of paintballs and it fired it's first shot at 260-something. Sometimes you just get lucky...
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#7 User is offline   JayRecball 

• Ref/Player
  • PipPip

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

lol, thats ok I still like my Ego, but just a bit confused about why I paid so freakin much for a marker that I expect to work great everytime, I might have well just bought 3 Ions and tricked them all out to the max

think of it like this.. a nice sports car runs on premium gasoline... not low quality.

and quality you can trust? you said yourself its been sitting around doing nothing.. quality to me is working time and time again. for years. just my opinion :P

#8 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

Ever think it's cuz the paint was too large by now, therefore jammed the Ego? Ions, however, are built to poor tolerances, thus have larger breeches and bores, and can shoot crap paint. Never gonna shoot good paint as well as an Ego tho.

Here's a story... I've got a 1993 Sterling. All stock. I shoot it, it shoots soft. I stretch the spring, grab some mid-grade paint, and was one-balling people from 75 feet. THAT'S quality you can trust. A friend's 1998 cocker? Once I fixed up the pneumatics that were dipped in gasoline to clean em, it shot like a champ. That's quality. Pro-carbine, 15 years old, shot fine. That's quality.

Ion? Good luck getting that thing to shoot 5 years from now.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#9 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

My story? Mag sitting on a shop's wall for over 10 years, bought it on ebay, a few drops of Gold Cup down the ASA, dry fired to cycle the oil, barrel back on, and chrono'd like 270 or 280 or something, consistently.

I shouldn't have sold that gun, such a good story :dry: I rescued it from eternal boredom on that wall, and it was a field rental, so I guess it was rescued from eternal abuse too

This post has been edited by aqua_scummm: 09 March 2008 - 10:50 PM

#10 User is offline   JayRecball 

• Ref/Player
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

which reinforces the fact.. AGD > Ions :panzer:

#11 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:46 PM

View PostBrutishOpus, on Mar 6 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

My freakin $250 Ion that hasn't been shot in 2 years and had a slight leak somewhere shot this paint perfectly, just to be fun I even put it on psp ramp and turned up my velocity a bit so make it hard on the ion to work so good, after shoting a coyote and runnin em off mi land..., I had fun with a bag of 2 year old paint and my trusty Ion

well, heres the end if I'm boring you-

The Ion is quality you can count on, everytime I need a backup marker I dust off my old trusty and let it rip, I cant believe my duper-super SL66 XSV Ego could not preform against a simple Ion with no upgrades,

word....

Am I the only one who sees the significant issue with the unsafe and ILLEGAL use of a paintball gun!!! It's incidents like this that give us all a bad name and cause laws to be past. Please do not repeat.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users