• You cannot reply to this topic

Criminal Mind Experiment V.1.0 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

So I saw an episode of CSI where they do a thought experiment- one person masterminds a whole crime/set of crimes with evidence and clues throughout and participants in the thought experiment must try to solve the case given certain clues and information. It seemed really fun... So yes. I decided to try it out with all 'yins. It might be hard at first and it might be problematic 'cause I'm just starting out, but I figure I'd try out of sheer boredom these late nights. Solve the crime, everything one person finds/posts first earns them a credit point. Get the most, and you're the MVP of CSI's. Here are the rules and the format.

RULES-
1. I am the creator of this criminal investigation. I handle all responses to posed hypotheses and questions. You can deliberate amongst yourselves, but DO NOT speak for me. Example, one person comments stating "maybe he drove off the cliff because he passed out", someone else CANNOT SAY "no, that's impossible that's too dumb that's not how the story goes, TREE FITTY wouldn't do that" etc. You get the idea. You can say it's a dumb idea, but don't say it's impossible.
2. Everyone can play.
3. NO flaming hypotheses or answers, RESPECT everyone else playing.
4. You can PM outside of this and deliberate.
5. Once a case is solved, I WILL CREATE A NEW ONE, and it may take time. If I want to and someone else wants to, I will pass that opportunity to them to mastermind their own plot to keep up with originality. SHOULD IT BE PASSED ON, stories must be kept at a relatively respectable rating, like, NOT RATED X STUFF. NO intense sex scandals with vivid and disgusting detail, you know, the like. Don't try it.
6. YOU CANNOT PM ME FOR ANSWERS. All answers to questions must be posted in the forum. All questions must be posted in the forum.
7. I reserve the right to add, change, or remove rules, and I will post an update response to ensure that everyone knows of it. Play will resume after, and any knowledge beforehand will remain in play.
8. Every point is awarded by me. Every piece of information, no matter how big, is worth one point. At the end of the session, I will count the points to see the winner. I will take into consideration the weight of each point and what it stands for.

FORMAT-
I will first post the scenario and apparent clues around each case. EVERYTHING MAY NOT BE AS IT SEEMS. I'll repeat. EVERYTHING MAY NOT BE AS IT SEEMS.
There will be two investigative parts to each case to discover new information. If a case deems it, I may add another place of investigation! THIS IS HOW IT WILL HAPPEN. WE WILL REMAIN AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME UNTIL EVERYONE PLAYING DECIDES ITS TIME TO PICK A SUSPECT TO INTERROGATE! We will move together, from SCENE to INTERROGATION, back and forth. IF there is a disagreement, I will take whoever wants to return to the SCENE there in a PM session. What they discover, I will post, and they will receive a credit towards their score:
THE SCENE- The SCENE of the crime is where the action took place. I will describe the scene and apparent clues and first looks, victims, obvious characteristics. I WILL NOT STATE EVERY DETAIL, you must investigate some!
You have the option to utilize a CSI team, but you MUST direct them. For example, if someone is dead and a gun is beside them, you can direct the team to do a GSR test to see if that person fired a gun. DO NOT JUST SAY use CSI team. You can use the team to- SEARCH FURNITURE/GARDEN/CARPET/CABINETS/etc (The description of the scene will dictate what you will need to search.) You can perform TESTs such as GSR/DNA tests at the SCENE to verify if there's gun powder, blood (human or animal, male or female, etc.) I will not announce if all the evidence is found or not. If the game hits a stale spot, I will state for the sake of the pace that evidence is collected.

THE INTERROGATION- Here's the really thoughtful part. You must interrogate suspects. It's advisable to ask about whereabouts, possessions, relationships, etc. Using evidence you gathered in context against the suspect will be the key to discovering plot elements and getting the answers you need to unravel the case. I will act as the person being interrogated. I will implant two elements in my response to questions. One element includes EMOTION. Before typing the response, I will type the inflection of their voice and posture. EX. (crying, hunched over, breatheless) - I swear it wasn't me, I loved her! These are CLUES! You can tell if someone is sincere or not, learn the quirks! The second element is the typed response. The response might be a lie, it might be the truth, a LIE DETECTOR TEST CANNOT BE USED UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE. Use the emotion, posture, and response to tell if they're lying. Use evidence, too!
Evidence found at the SCENE can be brought to the attention of the suspect at this time, and warrants may be issued if enough probable cause is established. A suspect may sing that he didn't do it, but if you find his prints on a gun located at the scene, he's gonna change his key. Get me? Warrants issued can include DNA evidence, search of their household, clothing, and viewing of body (scars, bruises.) Household searches will not take time unless I change the SCENE. If someone takes a car, and you issue a search warrant at their house in their garage and its there, it'll be instantaneous in the game.

Finally, any good criminalist's goal is to ascertain how the crime in committed with all evidence included. In this case, I task you with finding out why as well. Motive is important, and saying he shot her isn't enough. Why did he shoot her, and what benefits were there?

This is a GAME! Meant to be fun, and it's probably far from perfect. This is my first time doing this. Since this is the case, before I post the case, please post up stating if you're willing to play. You do not need to ride the whole game out, you may come in and give your input then never come back. But hope, for this first time, if you say you're gonna play you'll play it through with me.

Let's try this on. I'm really hyped to do it. Once I get at least three people saying they'll do it, I'll post the scene and preliminary findings.

did I die for a second there?...

#2 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

I vote CSI MIAMI
:P

#3 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

I have one participant so far, looking for at least 2-3 more to get started. I have a case already planned out.

#4 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• Pip

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

It was Miss Scarlett in the kitchen with the rope.

#5 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

mr greenjeans did capn kangaroo in the bunkhouse

ahhh, what the heck, the worst i could get is killed in the first ten minutes like mafia, eh ? haha

This post has been edited by klaatu: 03 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

#6 User is offline   BlueEnigma 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BlueEnigma

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

Sure i guess i will give it a shot.. nothing better to do anyways. :comp:
The only thing that never changes is change.

#7 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• Pip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

a short game to play while we are waiting for tree fitty

You are Lt. Horatio Caine, and you get a call about several dead people at a high school (below)

Posted Image

you take off your sunglasses and say a funny one-liner, which is exactly what?

#8 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

"Hey boss, we gotta wrap it up here, the school wants to clean up."

"...Well I hope he's got plenty of BLEACH"
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#9 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Sorry I haven't returned, I had a vacation to OC, Maryland, and a very, very emotional time with my girl friend earlier this week over the Marines. MY mind isn't here, but I do have the template layed out. I'll see if I can post up here in a second or two, I'm going to finalize it.

#10 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

Hang on, got another one:

"Looks like the host club just got served."
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#11 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Police Call- Single Apparent Homicide at Armstrong Residence.

You arrive on the scene with your team in a middle/upper class neighborhood. You enter the house of Thomas and Jeanna Armstrong. Jeanna,
who reported the crime,is in front with a look of despair. You enter through the front door and enter the living room on the left, where Thomas lay with blood about him. The scene does not depict a struggle, except for four holes in the far wall. There's simple decorations around- two couches, cabinet, four windows, coffee table,corner table. Wood floor. Well-kept home.

Strap on the white gloves, you need to know how he died, what killed him, who was here, who saw anything, is there trace evidence, etc.

Here are some tips since this is the first one, give you some direction.

-Remember to talk to Jeanna about the family, whereabouts, etc.
-It is a neighborhood, there may be potential information within the surrounding households.
-Before you ask people questions and interrogate, think of the scene, examine the evidence, get as much info as you can from evidence first.
-If you're at a dead end, the evidence will point you in the right direction, no matter what. Interpretation is key, and no matter how bizarre something, if you can prove it, it's probably true.

Good luck. Ask away, we are starting on the SCENE. I will notify when we move to the INTERROGATION. Have fun, and please give me some slack. It's my
first, and I just wanted a fun, thoughtful lounge game.

#12 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• Pip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

seeing as how I am a seasoned and lead detective.... I would like to raid the fridge and cabinet for clues.... yummy-yummy clues.... after that those holes in the far wall definitely warrant further investigation. We need to figure out what made these holes, are they bullet holes? holes from a hammer? chair? mice?

Klatuu (skinny csi computer nerd character)!!! Where's my coffee?!?!

#13 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

Mejor- You walk over to the wall, and find four quarter-sized holes. Coincidentally, you notice four holes in the body as well. What you discover are four .45 caliber bullets lodged in the wall, apparently through-and-throughs from the victim. The holes correspond withe the victim standing and being shot, three to the chest, and a final shot to the head before he collapsed.

#14 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

i got your coffee boss ( as i zip up my fly from t-bagging the java ) ... its extra strong mejor, just like you like it.

now where did thaqt medical examiner get to ? somebody needs to stab this guy in the liver to get t.o.d. and by the way, do we notice any marks on the body like scratches, tats, bruising,... or a forced entry to the house

#15 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

Klaatu- The examiner puts TOD at around 6pm, you arrived on the scene at around 7pm the same day. There are little marks on the body. There is slight bruising on the back, not much though. 4 .45 caliber gunshot wounds are found, one above his belly button, another collapsed his left lung, another hit his right shoulder, and the last to his head, just under his nose, separating the nervous system from the rest of the body. Instant kill after the fourth shot. There is no gun powder on his hands. No tattoos or scratches either.

There was no forced entry into the house.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users