Special Ops Paintball: Virtue Questions - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Virtue Questions

#1 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

I am thinking about getting a few upgrades for my Ion from Virtue. I just had a few questions, first it the membrane pad for turning the marker/eyes on marker on and off really worth it? Would it make sense to buy an easy on button along with the membrane pad? And what firing mode does the Virtus board come with set at, semi-auto?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

The membrane pad is all personal preference. It's a very nice thing to have, but do you really need it? Well, no. You will only use it to turn the marker and eyes on and off, and you already have a button for that. Does it look cool? It looks awesome.

So it really all depends. As for the firing mode, I'm about 99.9% sure it's semi-auto. I wasn't with my friend when he installed his, but it was on semi-auto when I came over to his house an hour later. Also, semi-auto seems like a logical stock setting because many people (believe it or not) don't know what burst or ramping is and full-auto isn't field legal.

#3 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

It looks really awesome, but yah it is just a fancy on/off button, I told my brother I wanted to get it and while I was saying it I was like, wait it's not really worth it. But maybe I'll get some destroyka grips and the eyes eventually. Who knows.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

i thought you could actually program the board settings through the membrane. I'm not sure if you can with virtue but with a Rampage board it's the only way to program it and turn it off/on. That's the only advantage I see the virtue having over the Rampage.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#5 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:06shocker&ion

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:25 AM

View Postbillybob, on Aug 16 2007, 10:24 PM, said:

i thought you could actually program the board settings through the membrane. I'm not sure if you can with virtue but with a Rampage board it's the only way to program it and turn it off/on. That's the only advantage I see the virtue having over the Rampage.

To change the modes on the virtue all you need is the on/off button and trigger which you get when you buy the gun. The virtue is a great board, I think you should just get the Virtue board, virtue eyes and virtue EZon. The membrane pad does nothing but displays another way to turn the gun on and off and to turn the eyes on and off. I have the Virtue board, virtue eyes and virtue EZon as well and they are great products! I bought my gun stock with these and a TechT bolt and guess what, I have NEVER had one ball break yet, and I have had my Ion for over a year and used it multiple times!!

This post has been edited by 06shocker&ion: 17 August 2007 - 06:26 AM

#6 User is offline   billybob 

• The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:55 AM

I'm quite aware that the trigger and the on/off button come with the gun. I also know that a Virtue can be programmed using the two in conjuction. But boards/markers with membranes have the capability to be programmed through the membrane. I guess Virtue didn't think about that when they designed their board/membrane. Oh well, APE didn't think of a way to program their board without using a membrane.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash

#7 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for the help/advice guys. At the moment I have no money so it gives me time to think about what you guys said. So perhaps in the future when I actually get out of this dept with my parents I shall do some hard core purchasing.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users