Special Ops Paintball: California Qualifier@T.A.A.G Paintball Park - NORTH FORK, CA - Special Ops Paintball

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

California Qualifier@T.A.A.G Paintball Park - NORTH FORK, CA August 25-26 2007

#241 User is offline   T-Gridlock 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

p.s. in our 3rd game i had two of the refs standing behind me talking about how great it was to see players completely stop engaging their opponent and even turn around to ask a ref for a paintcheck, that and they talked in the staging area about how good it was to hear players get shot and yell things like "nice shot!" instead of profanity -- just goes to show ya that in this league we can have intense, competitive games, and still show honor and true love of the sport

Well said Shack. This is the whole reason I play in this league. If this attitude ever stops, it won't be worth it for me...probably many other players too. So we have to work hard at it every time we play, whether its walk on or finals. There are still some "honorable warriors" in this sport. We just have to set an example. Long live the SPPL!

#242 User is offline   Outback 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Outback

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

In the Final game, just after the final reinsertion, as we were trying desperately to contain Gridlock on the respawn. I got shot in the shoulder blade. I called for a paint check, Jayson was in mid field and he came a coming over. However a gridlock player was 20 feet away. So he just came and gave me a paint check..and yep just as suspected, ball broke and im out. Jayson started to go to other players since he was not sure who called the paintcheck. I ran towards him to let him know it was me, and that I was out of the game. In no other league would anyone ask the other team for a paintcheck. That is what is great about SPPL.
Team ForestFire
Home Field: ForestFire Paintball
Web Address: www.forestfirepb.com

#243 User is offline   8-Ball 

• The Original Elite Dagger. Original join date 061004, member #10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:8 - BALL

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

It really was an awesome weekend of paintball.

Two evenly matched teams with good gunfighting skills, good tactics, both team adapting and changing things up, both have speed AND stealth!

An evenly laid out field, as both teams won one game each from both bases. All games averaged around 185-60ish range I believe, give or take five or six. Flags changed often...game one had swing neutral for something like 26 minutes ands then still changed two or three times during the remainder of the game.

Oh yea, and it was HOT AS HELL! 104+ all afternoon. Even by last game 6Pm it was still high 90's or higher! all laid out on the side of one hill, with lots of brush, Manzinita and rocks. (some of those rocks even tackled players making bunkering runs...I think they were after me Lucky Charms to tell you the truth. :( I've played D-Day and Florida when the humidity and the temp are both well over 90, this was worse! My padded shoulder straps on my dagger vest were completely soaked and salt lined from sweat!

I'd do it again in a heartbeat though...especially knowing Forest Fire would be there. Thanks again guys for making the trip...everybody else doesn't know what they missed!

#244 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:07 PM

I wanted to be there so badly. If only I could have snuck away from work to shoot at, and by shot at by, California Gridlock...

I keep hearing the guys at the field where I work talk about going to a SPPL event. I think that they will be very surprised when, and if, they actually make it due to the comradierie, honor, and sportsmanship that the SPPL has. See some of you guys in Utah.

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#245 User is offline   taag_paintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:taag_paintball

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

i'd like to say thanx to all the players at this event. it was the easiest i have aver had the honor to ref and host.
both of you teams are above reproach and show each other respect throughout the day.

thanx very much,

marty

Share this topic:

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users