• You cannot reply to this topic

rocket question can i use this? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

ok i have a question: i was at a garage sale recently and i saw a foam rocket that fit over the barrel of my marker, can i use this rocket to "kill" a tank in a scenario game?

i have attached a pic of what the rockets look like

Attached File(s)

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

#2 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

I have tried those and no they suck

#3 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

Hard to say.
The rules for tanks, tank kills, and the use of nerf rockets will vary from producer to producer, so its best to check before the game if you're thinking about using anything like that. Most reputable event producers will at least want to see it fire & chrono it for safety before letting it on the field.
Never heard of shooting a nerf off of a regular gun barrel...curious if that works or not.
But safety first...test thoroughly before pointing at someone.

#4 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:04 AM

It bet the paintball would punch through the end of the rocket. But maybe with a sniper where you can pull the timing rod and cock the gun without having a paintball fall into the breech. That might work.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#5 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

Maybe, depending on event rules and safety.
Member of Team Akkadian

#6 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:16 AM

I know as a promoter myself That I would not allow you to use that until you let me shoot you with it.

Seems kinda harsh I know....but it seriously makes players think about what they build for a paintball game.

#7 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

it would probably be safe if you turned your velocity down around or less than 100FPS......but again, it depends on whos running the show

#8 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

Overall nerf weapons in general are safe to blast people with.
The TAW Scenarios allow a wide variety of nerf launchers - anything from MXS scenario launchers to the big fancy toys you can get at Toys R Us. The toy launchers are cool because they are designed for the specific purpose of shooting kids in the head with...so safety isnt much of an issue with those.

#9 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:14 AM

My home field's events call for nerf footballs (or related, like the JCS rockets) for projectiles only, chrono'd to 230 FPS or less. The launcher can be professional or homemade, as long as safety requirements are met.

So this rocket wouldn't pass as it's not a nerf/nerf related style rocket; but it could pass at other events.
Member of Team Akkadian

#10 User is offline   i8pie2day 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

View PostKrazy8, on May 28 2009, 05:16 AM, said:

I know as a promoter myself That I would not allow you to use that until you let me shoot you with it.

Seems kinda harsh I know....but it seriously makes players think about what they build for a paintball game.

OMG your just like Fridaddy... i brought a rocket to the royal wedding scenario and he point blanked me with it....
[When I play I breathe like a 300 pound man who just ran after the ice cream truck ~CdnNinja

#11 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

Usually if they have tested the gear they know how it will feel. If they flinch you know they don't want to get hit by it....if they grab a mask and head for the target range after handing me the launcher then they know it is safe.

Usually by the time I shoot the launcher i know weather or not they are bluffing. At that point there is no need to actually shoot them...by then I am just happy I get to shoot it myself! Although it is still fun to try and hit them...

I am curious to know how well the thing flys off the barrel of the paintball gun. Both with and without paint being shot while trying to launch it.

Damian at TAW would get a kick out of watching a guy run far enough forward to eliminate himself in the blast radius!

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 28 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

#12 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

View Posti8pie2day, on May 28 2009, 09:58 AM, said:

View PostKrazy8, on May 28 2009, 05:16 AM, said:

OMG your just like Fridaddy... i brought a rocket to the royal wedding scenario and he point blanked me with it....

LOL! Yeah, he does that sometines...at least he had a reason to shoot you (Im not always so lucky...)

Its an Old School thing...back in the days when chronos were rare, a standard way to test your gun was to let someone shoot you with it a close range. The thought was that if you could take a hit from your own gun, everyone else could too.
I like chronos MUCH better.

With nerf, a straight-up chrono is still a usefull test.
When dealing with "rockets" in general, its not so much the force of impact thats a safety concern, its the possibility that the rocket could knock off a players mask on the field. Ive never seen it happen, but its enough of a concern to require testing of any launchers used in a game.

#13 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

I really want to see NERF come out with a cheap, simple, pocket vortex launcher for paintball use.......that would be great.

its not like they dont know were using their stuff....i mean, who else but a paintball player would buy 15-20 nerf footballs?....

#14 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:29 AM

I drilled a guy in the mask once..aimed for his bunker, missed and he popped out to shoot me at the wrong moment.

Quite comical to hear a youth pastor curse in surprize when a nerf round hit him square in the lenses.

That right there is a fine reason to chrono LAW launchers. Had it been shooting over the 200 we set it at, I could of quite possibly hurt him. From the laughter after the game he took it quite well.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 28 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

#15 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

Mabey, you would probably want to talk to one of the game coordinators and see what they say. If you do use them, you better prey there isn't any wind!

~~Shockwave~~ :unsure:
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users