Special Ops Paintball: Sniper marker debate - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sniper marker debate I can't decide!! Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Which should I use? (339 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I get the Tippman Custom Pro, or the Special Ops Q-Bow?

1. Tippman Custom Pro (58 votes [17.11%])

Percentage of vote: 17.11%

2. Special Ops Q-Bow (281 votes [82.89%])

Percentage of vote: 82.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:49 PM

alright, wuts up with this thing where all the snipers want to shoot 20bps? yes the q-bow is a good marker, but although the stock 98c is considered a quote on quote "low end marker" if you get one with the response trigger it is now considered a "mid grade marker" i believe the tops for the R-T is 20bps (trigger pull) now the new 98c's (not the old ones) have act wich still cycles the gun, but there are theoreticaly NO-CHOPS! so the only breaks are in the barrel. now about the custom pro, what right minded sniper needs a double trigger and a drop forward?

now if your really looking to settle this debate, get neither!! get the X-7! its the result of the combination of both special ops and tippmann. legendary durability from a low to mid grade marker! now i specificaly remember that the A-5 R-T is a high end marker! also from personal experience the more rails the better! the X-7 has more rails than what ive seen on anything other than a opsgear shroud! i will be using atleast 3 different rails on the x7. and the best part of rails, if you dont need them you dont use them!! but the flexibility is still there. now i dont know about the scope compatibility of the x7 so i need a citation of sorts on this, but the x7 can easily be used with a scope (despite the problems of having a hopper) now if it really shoots 20bps+ you speedball peeps should be happy. but as for me, im proboably gonna get one, a $2 pod, and duct tape the sh** outta it so i can have my tac cap.

one more thing, if your not a real sniper, you dont belong here (unless your just reading) so i tell everyone here that wants to shoot 20+bps get outta here your a medeum rifleman, sabre!

#32 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:08 PM

ummmmm, riiiiight....

If you can shoot 20 BPS in total silence while remaining concealed you are a sniper... on steroids. You are still a sniper. You are a sniper in fast forward.

If you are shooting 20 BPS with a loud Tippmann 98 while having no chance to conceal yourself because of all the CHANK! CHANK! CHANKing then you are a Broadsword.

The X7 will still be very loud compared to an Automag, Autococker, Ion, etc.

Saying a "real sniper" is someone who purposfully limits their ammo supply and rate of fire is rediculous. Thats like saying that if you handicap you game of paintball you are a sniper. If you can shoot silently from a concealed position and not alert the whole field to your presense every time you eliminate an opponent then it doesnt matter if you are firing 50 BPS.

I use a "high end marker" (Automag) with a Q Loader which is the fastest loader in the world, and my marker can fire 30 BPS without any shootdown... and makes a quarter of the noise that an A5 makes. If you think a Tippmann 98 is a better marker than that then you must be deaf and afraid of firepower. :(
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#33 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:chupacabra304

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:49 AM

why get a finnicky and trouble some q bow...
dont!!! forget the tippy AGD makes great guns but dont fall into the Qloader is the best loader ever trap they are a bother to load and feild

just get a warpleft feed they do same thing but better

-its not ontop of gun
-you can use longbow stock upgrade
-you can still use any barrel
-its not as troublesome and loose as q loaders

www.airgun.com

its also way cheaper too!

the q bow is just another marketing scheme by special ops...
and of course they are going to say the q loader is the best thing ever!

get the sidefeed...

This post has been edited by reaver304: 13 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

you need me to point your fingers at and say thats the bad guy
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#34 User is offline   M.I.C. 

• #1sniper
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M.I.C.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

bah i like the qbow and all, but im sorry i truly find the 98's just as accurate (with the right barell) and way more durable hands down and even (sans the hopper as mine is) lower profile but hey do what u do (my friend actually ran his 98 over with his truck and it still works fine ) so i figure go with the same product with the lower price

- ;) thesilentkilla
IPB Image
IPB Image
Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
NO SUCH THING AS A PAINTBALL SNIPER? WHOVEVER TOLD YOU THAT HASN'T ENTERED MY SIGHTS YET...

#35 User is offline   loiselle 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tilex50

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

if u can afford the q-loader it'll be a good thing but i 'd personnally opt for the tippmann
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your Signature
(")_(") to help him accomplish World Domination
u can't see me,but i see you,just walk away from that three and ur dead
In 1970 the Chevy Nova was created. This was the worst selling car in Mexico because the words "No va" mean "Doesn't go". If you would never buy a Saturn Ion because the word "Ion" means "Doesn't shoot", Put this in your profile

#36 User is offline   sneeke 

• Too sneeke to be seen
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

I dont like tippmans........
Certified Guitar Shredder
9 out of 10 teens have fallen for rap, if you are one of the few to stay true to metal put this in your sig.

#37 User is offline   grrthetree 

• Ron Paul FTW
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrotchxctrack

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

custom pro. end of story.
Might was right when Caesar bled, upon the stones of Rome... Might was right when Ghengis led, his hordes over Danube's foam... Might was right when Rich men fell, and at Thermopylae... It's the gospel of the Ancient world and the gospel of today...

"The Tree of Liberty must be watered, from time to time, with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants, both."
-Thomas Jefferson

#38 User is offline   deltasniperman 

• HOOAH!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:deltasniperman

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

Now no offense to Spec Ops, because everyone knows that they have the coolest gear, guns, equipment, etc., in the woodsball world. So, now that everyone knows that, (mods please don't raise my warn level for this) but Special Ops has a good way of making their products sound, well, great, and they're good at making you want them. I mean personally, I would go with the tippy, because you never know if you're going to need that extra firepower, so I would say go with the tippy and get the cyclone feed, and if you want, a tac-cap, so you can reload quicker, and you still have a low profile. So, I just want to make this clear, I still love Spec Ops Paintball, and I will never ever rely on any other paintball store as much as I do Spec Ops.
SEMPER FI!!!

If we can't do it it doesn't need to be done!

AC/DC rocks your socks.

#39 User is offline   Lt. Head-Shot 

• Boredome leads to Greatness!! and broken bones
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt. Head-Shot

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:29 PM

i just upgraded from a tippmann 98 "snipered" - trust me - there is absolutely no comparison between a tippman pro carbine and anything that agd makes - the quality is outsanding. you even said it yourself - "the qbow is everything i want and more" - i just recently made this decision as well - i was choosing between an a5a2, with 18 inch stiff - red dot sight - or a longbow (with qloader adapter - cause i already had a qloader on the 98) - and the longbow won out - even after i ordered the a5 - i actually returned the a5 for the longbow - just go with the qbow - if your worried about money - buy the tac one - its great - and you can always upgrade later - i do have to say that the qloader is semi hard to use - but with some skill - its really not that hard - its up to you though... :dry:
Pump owner #135
Captain of the Stock Class Mafia - Pump Team

#40 User is offline   Fenix 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:19 AM

If you think a tippman is loud you should try a GT2000 with a 16" Nightstick barrel :)

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig
Automaggot #116

#41 User is offline   Shadow Lead 

• Shadow Lead
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Lead

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

View PostAlpha Sniper, on Jun 20 2006, 07:16 AM, said:

My first idea was to base my rifle off of a Tippman Custom Pro, because I like the way it looks, feels, and shoots. I had planned to get a Stiffi 16" barrel for it, a collapsable stock (Tippman, of course), and mod that stock to accept a Rocket Cock 2 so I could quiet down my action. I was going to use the Q-Loader system so I could get rid of my hopper, add a red-dot sight on a raised sight rail, and I was going to go remote.

However...

I was cruising the SpecOps articles and I saw the Longbow. Now there were a couple things about the Longbow that made me not want to get it. First, was the 18" barrel; I wanted to play with a sixteen inch. Second, was the twenty round magazine. I really had my heart set on a Q-Loader. But when I saw the Q-Bow variant of the Longbow, that beautiful sister gun to the perfect sniper rifle, I almost died. It was everything I was looking for!

Horizontal feed, and therefore a completely unobstructed view so I could mount my sight right to the top. It has an air-through butt-stock, so it's slightly more convenient than the Tippman collapsable stock I was going to use on the Custom Pro. It fits a 16" barrel quite nicely, and it uses a Q-Loader!! The more I looked at it, the more it looked like my Holy Grail.

So...

Now I don't know what to do. Tippman has a reputation for high-quality products, and I doubt a Custom Pro would let me down. But the Q-Bow is everything I'm looking for and more! And... it looks incredibly bad-@$$. Obviously, the Q-Bow is going to cost me quite a lot more than a Custom Pro, but I don't sacrifice quality because I'll have to be a little more patient getting it. I'm perfectly willing to wait and save my money.

I don't know what to do!! Help!

I set up a poll so you can easily voice your oppinion, but any comments are welcome and appreciated. I value your point of view!!

dude you are awesome, that's the exact thing that I did to my gun, the long bow is better, but man, the 98 is a heck of a lot cheaper, and longbow is too expensive

#42 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

I just dont care to play with anything that takes batteries anymore. But I did shoot a regular ion and it was definitely better than the first one I had shot a couple of years ago.

But I trust a tippmann more than the ion. And definitely more than the tac one. I dont know how they shot or the reliability. But if it was like the other 30 mags I have seen since i started playing, I definitely wouldnt get one. They were always coming into the proshop having someone fix it for them.

I would say Tippmann, or phantom. Easier to take care of, more dependable, and less to go wrong with them (and if something does it can easily be fixed).
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#43 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

more exensive generally means better. You'll be kicking yourslef if you wind up buying the tippy over the mag.

View Postweeebeep, on Dec 2 2006, 01:49 PM, said:

alright, wuts up with this thing where all the snipers want to shoot 20bps? yes the q-bow is a good marker, but although the stock 98c is considered a quote on quote "low end marker" if you get one with the response trigger it is now considered a "mid grade marker" i believe the tops for the R-T is 20bps (trigger pull) now the new 98c's (not the old ones) have act wich still cycles the gun, but there are theoreticaly NO-CHOPS! so the only breaks are in the barrel. now about the custom pro, what right minded sniper needs a double trigger and a drop forward?

now if your really looking to settle this debate, get neither!! get the X-7! its the result of the combination of both special ops and tippmann. legendary durability from a low to mid grade marker! now i specificaly remember that the A-5 R-T is a high end marker! also from personal experience the more rails the better! the X-7 has more rails than what ive seen on anything other than a opsgear shroud! i will be using atleast 3 different rails on the x7. and the best part of rails, if you dont need them you dont use them!! but the flexibility is still there. now i dont know about the scope compatibility of the x7 so i need a citation of sorts on this, but the x7 can easily be used with a scope (despite the problems of having a hopper) now if it really shoots 20bps+ you speedball peeps should be happy. but as for me, im proboably gonna get one, a $2 pod, and duct tape the sh** outta it so i can have my tac cap.

one more thing, if your not a real sniper, you dont belong here (unless your just reading) so i tell everyone here that wants to shoot 20+bps get outta here your a medeum rifleman, sabre!

no matter how much crap you throw on a tippy, it will never be anything more than a low end blowback. Unless you E-bolt it, of course.

This post has been edited by SilentMarksman: 31 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

:)

#44 User is offline   Pyroman9 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

there is my custom pro

that is the exact thing you are looking for except my stiffi is 14 inches...(doesnt that sound bad)

anyhow so this setup is

tippmann 98 custom
stiffi 14 inch
collapsible stock
red dot 40mm sight
remote line
response trigger
qloader
raised rail
rocket cock 2

i love the gun, if i get the right paint in it, it is silent. None the less though it is very accurate and works really well. I very rarely have problems with the gun. if you have questions feel free to message them to me.

#45 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:55 AM

Just get the Tac man, AGD makes a better product then Tippman has in the last 20 years. They use solid bodies, cocker threading and stupidly easy maintance. The ony thing with a Mag is that it needs to be cleaned after every use to get nasty oil out. The LVL 10 doesn't chop, it doesn't I put my fingure in the breech pulled the trigger, nothin I don't do that with my cocker and sure as hell wouldn't dream of doing it on a Tippmann, you'd be nubs for the rest of your days. As far as the Q goes, unless you really really want light weight set-up and are willing to deal with the extra hasle then go ahead, if you're not warp it... Tippmanns are nice but don't stack up to Mags, ever.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users