• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Camo Tape Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ghost143 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

Has anyone that has used camo tape (see link below) found that it has made your marker quieter? I'm going to be ordering some soon (regardless of whether or not it quiets my marker down) and I was wondering if this might make it a bit quieter. I'm probably going to order two rolls to see if wrapping it a bit thicker will help.

Thanks.

Camo Tape

#2 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

While I haven't used that type I have used normal cloth camo tape and noticed no change in the markers sound signature.

#3 User is offline   Reoko89 

• Get busy shootin, or get busy gettin shot!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reoko89

Post icon  Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:45 AM

i cannot see any way for the tape to change he volume of your marker in any sense.... forgive my rudeness but that is a idiotic question.
When the world ends,and hell begins, Only the strongest Commanders will be there to rally the powerful, the brave, and the elite soldiers that will survive the chaos that will ensue this world.

#4 User is offline   ghost143 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:20 PM

View PostReoko89, on Mar 13 2006, 01:45 PM, said:

i cannot see any way for the tape to change he volume of your marker in any sense.... forgive my rudeness but that is a idiotic question.

Well, think about it, if you wrap enough tape around it it SHOULD muffle the noise made by the gun (not the paintball leaving the barrel - I have something else for that). I was talking about muffling the sound emitted by the internal parts of the gun. Forgive my rudeness, but thanks for being a PEE SHOOTER.

Looks like I'm not the only idiotic one

This post has been edited by ghost143: 13 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

#5 User is offline   atvdave 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

View PostReoko89, on Mar 13 2006, 12:45 PM, said:

forgive my rudeness but that is a idiotic question.

There's just no need for that reply.. You where very rude.. even if you asked him to forgive you..

ghost143.. as with any type of wrap you put on your marker, it will muffle the sound, however you would have to wrap a lot of it to make any difference. If you want to make your marker quieter do a search on the topic, there are lots of threads here that help in the subject.

And if you want to do it by some type of cloth wrap your best beat is to use something like a thick camo blanket. But it wont help the sound emitted from your barrel.

Good luck
Dave

#6 User is offline   grrthetree 

• Ron Paul FTW
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jrotchxctrack

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

i've been looking to buy some, i was going to buy a progressibe barrel from my friend, but its chrome so i need some camo tape, and taping my expansion chamber and gun wouldnt be so bad either. so is there a store like wal-mart or ace hardware that sells camo tape. because i dont feel like paying 10 bucks for shipping.
Might was right when Caesar bled, upon the stones of Rome... Might was right when Ghengis led, his hordes over Danube's foam... Might was right when Rich men fell, and at Thermopylae... It's the gospel of the Ancient world and the gospel of today...

"The Tree of Liberty must be watered, from time to time, with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants, both."
-Thomas Jefferson

#7 User is offline   apoc- 

• everyone who saw the leperchan say yeaaa
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:apoc867@yahoo.com

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

i made some my self buy just buying some cloth at wal-mart for $4 per yard, i dont no about silincing the gun but it does look cool

and its not sticky i just wrapped my gun

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   bigguy 

• Bigguy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bigguy

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hey man...I honestly wouldn't recogmend it. It's just like Coban wrap (sp?) the company 3m makes it...great for sprained ankles and wrists...yes it does stick to it's self and not the weapon (or body).

BUT

after a few uses...it get's too streched out to "suck" into its self. After about 10 uses, it will be just like camo cloth.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users