Special Ops Paintball: I need help on deciding which brand can help me recreate a M4 Carbine - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need help on deciding which brand can help me recreate a M4 Carbine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Post icon  Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

Posted Image

That is a M4A1, to be exact, but I need help on which marker is reliable and could recreate that M4. I REALLY would like to keep it under $500, so the scope isn't necessary. I don't know why, but over the last few weeks, I've really fallen in love with that look. I would like there to be an option to add a hopper, but I know that will mostly kill the look. EDIT: Going hopper free isn't a priority. Just having the option to go hopper would be nice, not a deal breaker though.

My question is other than RAP4 (which I know is pretty hated around here, but I love the pistol I got as a backup.) are there any other brands out there that come close? How are they? If I could get some names, I can look up reviews myself (pbnation.com, right?). Is magazine feed a hindrance, or does it really help you to take an aimed shot and just not spray paint?

I have an Ion that I got as a gift to get back into paintball after a 15 year break, and I love it to death, but I'm not a speedballer, and it doesn't really fit my all camo look. Also, I want to do more senario play and it also doesn't fit the style. I will use my Ion till it falls apart, I just want a proper senario marker.

Thanks in advance to everyone for the help.

EDIT ABOUT HOPPERS:

I would like to have the option to go hopperless, but it's not something I'm dead set on. The way I play right now means spraying about 2 pods worth of paint a game, and that wouldn't cut it with having magazines.

This post has been edited by Ciderbarrel: 06 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

#2 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Get a 98 custom platinum series and then buy:

Bossman m4 mag kits $44 (woodsball.net)
Then look on opsgear.com for the following:
m4 barrel kit
Carry handle (rap4 does make a good quality one however)
The grip with a rail that is compatible with the handguard
The stock is a given
and then just a rail for the carry handle to mount a scope and then the scope. (these can come in a kit together)

They have kits for certain markers but they are pretty expensive you would be better off picking it all out manually.

Edit: overlooked you wanted a hopper free marker. Well you're only options would be Milsig and rap4 for the look you want and both wont be cheap but milsig is probably the better choice.

This post has been edited by sipbgod94: 06 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#3 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Feb 6 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

m4 barrel kit
The stock is a given
and then just a rail for the carry handle to mount a scope and then the scope. (these can come in a kit together)

They have kits for certain markers but they are pretty expensive you would be better off picking it all out manually.

Edit: overlooked you wanted a hopper free marker. Well you're only options would be Milsig and rap4 for the look you want and both wont be cheap but milsig is probably the better choice.

Thanks for the input.

I wouldn't say that I want hopper-free, so much as I would like the option to go hopper-less IF possible. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear in my 1st post, I'll edit it to make it clearer. The way I play (going through about 2 pods a game) I think I need a hopper at this point.

#4 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

View PostCiderbarrel, on Feb 6 2009, 08:32 PM, said:

View Postsipbgod94, on Feb 6 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

m4 barrel kit
The stock is a given

Thanks for the input.

I wouldn't say that I want hopper-free, so much as I would like the option to go hopper-less IF possible. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear in my 1st post, I'll edit it to make it clearer. The way I play (going through about 2 pods a game) I think I need a hopper at this point.

Oh no you were clear I just didn't really read it that carefully. But i would say you should go for the 98 it looks a bit less realistic but It is much more functional IMO less "tactical" maybe but more efficient. this is totally IMO and maybe a bit bias as I own an m4ed out 98 custom.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

How much are you looking to spend?

Get Real Paintball's AT-4 and At-85 markers are about as close as you can get to an M4A1. They have a magazine loading system so there is no hopper, no feed neck, and not even a QLoader or Cyclone. They're one of the last markers to work of a Nelson based pneumatic system. They're very efficient, very consistent, and can switch between full auto and semi without any electronics.

http://www.getrealpa....com/index.html

This post has been edited by Piller: 06 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

At spec ops online store they sell the trinity mg-4 marker with 18rd clip it looks like it takes a5 stocks and grips it also has the option of hopper feed. It is 294.00 and pretty much as milsim as you get. Also the ariakon sim 4 Elite at spec ops shop as well is pretty good looking.

Attached File(s)

hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#7 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

I agree with Piller, AT-4 is the way to go. Utilizes real M4 hardware so you can customize it to get the look you want and no hopper, but has the option if you want to use one. Kinda goes beyond your $500 limit though. For a brief look, it's the marker in my sig.

I've got one and they're a blast to play with. Piller already gave you the link to their website, but here's a review link:

My personal review here on the SO Forum

Also check out pbreview.com, they have reviews on most of ATS' products.

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

View PostThe Bear, on Feb 8 2009, 04:57 PM, said:

I agree with Piller, AT-4 is the way to go. Utilizes real M4 hardware so you can customize it to get the look you want and no hopper, but has the option if you want to use one. Kinda goes beyond your $500 limit though. For a brief look, it's the marker in my sig.

I've got one and they're a blast to play with. Piller already gave you the link to their website, but here's a review link:

My personal review here on the SO Forum

Also check out pbreview.com, they have reviews on most of ATS' products.

Bear

Wow. I have looked at their site and thought it was amazing, your review made me love it even more. It's SLIGHTLY more than I want to spend (Thanks for taking a nose dive, economy!) but it looks amazing. I will keep that in the back of my head. The fact that it can integrate actual M4 parts is wicked awesome.

sipbgod94 had a good idea of getting a 98 custom platinum and modding it. I could do that and having a functioning marker that will eventually become what I want over time. What do you all think about using an X-7 instead? I will be searching here to see what others have said, but the pbnation.com reviews are basically 4/5 star glowing reviews. Is that the general consensus of the marker?

----
Edit: After reading reviews here about how the X7 is basically an overpriced A5, I checked out a5og.net and it seems that I'm not alone in my M4 milsim quest and there are some SWEET M4s in their picture gallery. I am 99% sure I'm going to go that route, especially because money is an issue. opsgear and a few other places have some parts to help me make what I want. If I do actually make the investment, look for a pic or two in the gallery.

EDIT 2: It looks like sipbgod94 was spot on. The Alpha Black Tactical is basically a redressed 98 with all the bells and whistles I want for $185 to $140 depending if I want an electronic trigger or not. It takes virtually all the 98 mods and not much has to be changed to get the look I want. Alphablackforum.com has about a zillion M4s there and there are alot of people there trying to do the exact same thing I'm trying to do. They have a whole list of barrel shrouds, rails, and anything else I'd need in one nice sticky and a list of the 98 mods that are confirmed to fit.
----

And thanks again to everyone for their input. If I'm going to be spending $500+ on something that will be used maybe 30 weekends this year (and hopefully just as many in the years to come), max, I want to be just what I want.

This post has been edited by Ciderbarrel: 09 February 2009 - 05:05 AM

#9 User is offline   BK_NC 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

1) Have you considered modding your Ion into an airsoft gun body? Might be a tight fit for an M4 airsoft gun but its been done with logs of other airsoft guns including: P90, F2000, M249 SAW, G36C, SL8, Steyr Aug, and the list goes on. You get a milsim marker with the Ion you already have.

2) If modding isn't your cup of tea, have you considered the Milsig brand of markers. From what I've been reading, these come from the same Taiwanese manufacture as the RAP4 T68 markers but these Milsig K-Series are more refined and more up to date than the ones Rap4 sells. If you go to the milsimemipire.com forums you can read a lot more about the Milsig series and there is a rep from the company that posts there.

You can Google "milsig paintball" to find us-based sellers and YouTube videos of the markers. (no I don't work for Milsig or any paintball related company :laugh: )

Milsig markers:
http://www.milsig.com/product.do?todo=list...;pid=5&mf=1

Their Canadan distributor that has a lot of good info to: http://www.milsig.ca/products.html

Milsig K-Series Elite [Mag Fed] about $579 (google it to find us based sellers):

Posted Image

Milsig K-Series Commando [Mag Fed] about $389

Posted Image

Update: New for 2009 - K-Series Elite Canadian Model with an Air-Thru CTR style collapsible stock instead of a 90g CO2 stock on the US version)
Posted Image

This post has been edited by BK_NC: 19 February 2009 - 10:47 AM

Arsenal: Ion, Tipp M98
Big Fan of the P90 and will do an airsoft/Ion mod of one someday soon.

#10 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

View PostBK_NC, on Feb 19 2009, 01:38 PM, said:

1) Have you considered modding your Ion into an airsoft gun body? Might be a tight fit for an M4 airsoft gun but its been done with logs of other airsoft guns including: P90, F2000, M249 SAW, G36C, SL8, Steyr Aug, and the list goes on. You get a milsim marker with the Ion you already have.

I got an Alpha Black in the meantime and there are things I like and don't like about it.

On a whim I checked out to see if there were new posts for this thread and three weeks ago I have put an Ion into a P90. I have pics in the marker gallery section of General Discussion. I'm much happier with the P90 than the AB.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users