• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions for New Marker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PaintFrog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

I am in the market for a new paintball marker. Here are the features I am looking for.

Musts:
Switch-On-The-Fly Shot Mode (like Tippmann E-grip Selector)
Single finger trigger
Off-set feed tube
Runs on CO2

I would prefer something Mil-Sim but that is not a must. I play a lot of woodsball but also play speedball from time to time so I would like a dual-purpose marker as well.

What do you guys suggest??

Thanks!!

#2 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

The only marker that has all of those is the SP1. Very few electros run on CO2 so you may consider HPA and without a lot of custom work you won't be able to find a single trigger or off set feed electro.

#3 User is offline   PaintFrog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

The SP1 is from Smart Parts right? Does it have a selector switch for changing between firing modes? I was checking it out and it looks promising but I could not see where it had an external selector switch.

#4 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

View PostPaintFrog, on May 12 2009, 10:55 PM, said:

The SP1 is from Smart Parts right? Does it have a selector switch for changing between firing modes? I was checking it out and it looks promising but I could not see where it had an external selector switch.

It doesn't. The only markers with selector switches right now are the a-5's new HE E-grip and the BT TM-7.

seeing as the TM-7 is basically a mini inside a mil-sim shell it runs off HPA so thats out for you since I'm guessing you cant get HPA?
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#5 User is offline   PaintFrog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

I have never used HPA before but maybe I need to make the jump. What kind of equipment does one need to re-fill HPA at home? How much does the equipment run?

I already have everything to re-fill CO2 at home so that is why I was wanting to stick with CO2.

As for SP1 how do you switch between firing modes? Can it be done easily on the field? Or do you need an allen wrench or some other tool like most other markers?

#6 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

View PostPaintFrog, on May 12 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

I have never used HPA before but maybe I need to make the jump. What kind of equipment does one need to re-fill HPA at home? How much does the equipment run?

I already have everything to re-fill CO2 at home so that is why I was wanting to stick with CO2.

As for SP1 how do you switch between firing modes? Can it be done easily on the field? Or do you need an allen wrench or some other tool like most other markers?

1. To refill HPA at home would require a scuba tank and air fill station, both of which can be found (it's in an integral part of my team's tank weapon platform). Can't help you much on cost, because the scuba will vary a lot depending on what kind of deals you can find.

2. SP1 has a power button that doubles as a selector switch of sorts. Push and hold to turn on/off. Push and quickly release to change modes (assuming the tournament lock is not engaged, which it is not from the factory). Rotates from semi -> burst -> fully automatic -> semi (repeat cycle).
Member of Team Akkadian

#7 User is offline   PaintFrog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for the HPA information. I did some more reading about HPA setups and it sounds like it would cost about $200 at the minimum to get setup and you only get around 20 good fills on a scuba tank. I think I will stick with CO2 for the time being.

The SP1 has true full auto and 3-round burst right? That is one thing I do not like about the Tippmann E-Grip is the NXL full auto and PSP 3-round burst and you have to order an after market board to get true full auto and 3-round burst. That is so stupid on Tippmann's part. I understand they did it to be tourney legal but at least add an option to turn the NXL and PSP modes off.

The SP1 looks like exactly what I'm looking for except for the vertical feed tube. Are there any aftermarket parts to add a off-set feed?

#8 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

View PostPaintFrog, on May 13 2009, 04:50 PM, said:

The SP1 has true full auto and 3-round burst right? That is one thing I do not like about the Tippmann E-Grip is the NXL full auto and PSP 3-round burst and you have to order an after market board to get true full auto and 3-round burst. That is so stupid on Tippmann's part. I understand they did it to be tourney legal but at least add an option to turn the NXL and PSP modes off.

Yes, it is true burst/auto.

The SP1 looks like exactly what I'm looking for except for the vertical feed tube. Are there any aftermarket parts to add a off-set feed?

Not at this time. I've seen a few configured for longbow feeds, but that's not what you're looking for.
Member of Team Akkadian

#9 User is offline   PaintFrog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:44 AM

Hopefully Smart Parts adds an off-set feed tube. Seriously what were they thinking? They aimed at the Mil-Sim market with the SP1 and looking down the top of the marker is important in Mil-Sim markers. What is the point of the top rail if you can't add an optic to it??

Fix that problem and add a better selector switch and Tippmann better watch out!!!

#10 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

Tippmann already watch out. The mode select works perfect and with a little modding you can get off center feed. This marker is 10x better than any tippmann.

#11 User is offline   PaintFrog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

View PostMatch99, on May 14 2009, 09:49 AM, said:

Tippmann already watch out. The mode select works perfect and with a little modding you can get off center feed. This marker is 10x better than any tippmann.

Can you point me in the direction of people running off set feeds besides the longbox setup? I have yet to find one.

#12 User is offline   coveringfire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

Except for the single trigger, there are the mr2 and mr3. The mode switch is very eash to change, yet ive never accidentally changed modes on my mr2. They also run very well of co2
Stalking since '06, Postin since '09, Playin since '04. Feedback
At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote.

#13 User is offline   Nom Carver 

• My browser PWNS yours!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

Have you actually ever used sights when firing a marker? I never have, and it works out fine for me. The best type of aiming I have found is "zen shooting" here is a video that really helped me, made by Tyger. Give it a try, it sure beats trying to line up the sights and then firing.
(\__,,
( x x) <--- This is Bunny if I see him in one more signature...
(")_ -==(")
Dear Tippmann, Clamshells suck. Signed, Friggin everybody - F-3
feedback My How to paint snakeskin how-to; OMG!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users