Special Ops Paintball: Smart Parts Max Flo Inline Regulator - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smart Parts Max Flo Inline Regulator Need a Manual Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for a Max-Flo inline adjustable regulator. I need to change the o-rings but can't figure out how to get it apart.

I can find manuals for the Max-Flo micro, the Max-Flo vertical, and the old Max-Flo (one guage on top, one on bottom), but I can't find a manual for the inline Max-Flo (guages next to each other).

Does Smart Parts still have some kind of contact number I could call to request one? I thought I heard they went out of business.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#2 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

Like this one?
http://www.zdspb.com...ain_inline.html

or there's this:
http://www.zdspb.com.../maxflo-mfi.JPG
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#3 User is online   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

http://manual.moatip...91-smart-parts/

#4 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Druid...I LOVE you.

Slinky, that link connected me to a manual for a Tadeo board? Weird.

But thanks guys!! That helps A LOT!!
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#5 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

View Postaslanprime, on 07 December 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

Druid...I LOVE you.

Slinky, that link connected me to a manual for a Tadeo board? Weird.

But thanks guys!! That helps A LOT!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image...............

LOL.........just kidding..

Now remember....an OLD guy helped you and that means there's still a need for us on and off the field..............LMMFAO!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#6 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:18 AM

View Postdruid, on 07 December 2010 - 11:45 PM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image...............

LOL.........just kidding..

Now remember....an OLD guy helped you and that means there's still a need for us on and off the field..............LMMFAO!

Well, not necessarily on the field, but definitely in the forums! :P And I'm an old guy too, so I can say that!

After looking at the reg yesterday, my first fear was confirmed. I need to remove the reg from the tank to perform maintenance on it. :( :( That's a huge bummer. Any ideas on removal techniques? I'll try to look for some video links when I get home, but I'm really worried that I might break the reg or gauges or damage the tank/reg trying to get it off. I mean, most info I've read talks about a vice and strap wrench. I don't have a vice and my strap wrench just spins around the reg mostly.

Dang. I have a replacement o-ring kit and I know from the diagram exactly what o-ring needs to be changed, it's just a matter of getting at it. :(

This post has been edited by aslanprime: 08 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

#7 User is offline   druid 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

technique? Sure...

ahem

lefty loosey righty tighty
I got my OWN smiley...

#8 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

View Postdruid, on 08 December 2010 - 12:46 PM, said:

technique? Sure...
ahem
lefty loosey righty tighty

My question extends a bit more into the details... For example, the common approach seems to be to take the tank, put some type of cushioning around it and put it in a vice. Then, take a strap wrench to the regulator and remove it.

The problems I'm having with this approach are:
1) I don't have a vice.
2) My strap wrench doesn't appear to "grab" good enough to remove the regulator.
3) I'm afraid to use a wrench because it might damage the regulator.
4) I'm afraid to go at it too hard with the strap wrench because I don't want to snap off any of the fill nipples, elbows, or guages.
5) I don't want to do anything that will damge the threads of the regulator/tank and/or cause the tank to leak when I put the regulator back on.

I might just be "overcautious", because while I've tinkered quite a bit with masks and markers, I've not had much experience with air tank repairs/maintenance.

#9 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

I have removed many regulators from tanks so I could fly with them.

It is not near as bad as you might think.

You need to consider that the manufacturer uses a thread locker on the reg when assembled...so you are going to have to work at it.

Personally I do a couple things to make this easier.

First...rubber tool box liners (or rubber shelf liners of any kind you can get cheap). They are flexable and cusioning.
I do not use vises. Yes they are nice, but mine is simply to small to work. I use friends!
Wrap the tank in that rubber liner material will provide grip on the tank while the reg is removed.

Second, heat. I use a heat gun to warm up the reg and neck of the bottle to soften the thread locking compound. Since you stated you are one of us older guys...you should have the common understanding to go slow..take your time and not damage the epoxy on the tank with too much heat to fast. Oh...remove all air from the tank first! I know that should be a no brainer for removing the regulator...but I have seen guys try to remove regs while pressurized....I still shake my head when thinking about it.

I used to use strap wrenches. But once I bought a tank at an event and watched the guy remove the reg...he had a cool tool that was sloted to fit around all the gauges, burst disks and the fill niple. It was a great idea! I still need to make one for myself.
Anyhow it gave me the idea I now use. So use this next idea at your own discretion...
I use a large (12") Cresent wrench for leverage. I stick the fill niple through the hole use to hang the wrench then lever the wrench against the body of the reg. Kinda like how you can create more leverage with open end wrenches...same idea here.

If you truely are concerned with harming the fill nipple and gauges...remove them. Wrap the reg in a layer or two of the same shelf lining material then try usingthe strap wrench. That liner will give the strap something to compress into, as well as increase the grip with the softer rubberized material than the strap is made from. Better bite making it possible to really put some muscle into the job without damaging any parts like my above method has the potential to do.

Have friend hold the tank wrapped in the liner material and apply slow even pressure to turning the reg loose.
You might have to try a few times with the heat.

Off the top of my head I can honestly say I have used this exact method to remove six factory installed regulators from tanks.

Once you get the reg off be sure to take the time and carefull clean the dried thread locker off the reg stem as well as from the neck of the bottle. Use a little compressed air to blow any debris out of the tank that might have fallen in there while you were removing the reg.
Since I fly quite often with my gear I do not use thread locker on my tanks when I put my regs back on, but if you do not travel it would be a good idea to use a good htread locker when you put it back together.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 08 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users