• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who's a snipers biggest enemy? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   jando 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:I go where the fruit snacks are. I can't get enough!
  • Brigade Name:Jando

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

I think a coordinated team that moves and works together is probably a sniper's worst enemy since it will be harder to catch one off guard and get away without their buddies spotting or hearing you. Or it could possibly be the sniper themselves if they are not careful. For example, you just made the perfect shot on your opponent and their buddy sees you but you have a chance to run away. You get up, take two steps, and fall on your face because your shoelace was untied and for some reason your hopper pops open so everyone can see the bright colored paintballs spilling everywhere. Now that's what I call a sticky situation!
Patience is a virtue. Also, don't forget to take some cake!

#17 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

Ok i think i will bring a little history to this. In vietnam one of the most reveered snipers was Carlos Hathcock. In the area he was in there were a number of enemy snipers that ruthlessly attack the other troops. They tried artillery fire machine guns and patrols of men to find and kill that single man. However many times more were killed or captured and eventually they would send in hathcock to track and kill them. So out of all this i think that the biggest enemy of a sniper is another sniper or himself (standing up in the middle of a firefight and getting lit up
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#18 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

View PostTippySnipa, on Feb 18 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

I would have to say... a trigger happy hammer :huh:

I would second that. If you put everything together, slow, methodical, smart, able to spot things, and firepower, you've got a huge threat on the paintball field. Best sniper hunt tactic is to fan out and shoot everything that looks suspicious and look for movement/things that are out of place. Our team sniper hates it when we do sniper hunts because I tell everyone, if it looks suspicious light it up.

#19 User is offline   BASHBRO1 

• BASHBRO1
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BASHBRO1

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:49 PM

My vote would be a good commander. Not that they would take you out but once your position is comprimised a good commander will take care of a sniper by coordination and superior numbers. I have never had that much a problem with snipers as a commander simply because there are so few who will wait until you are close enough to guarantee hits. In my defense I have never played at any large scenario games where the sniper problem could become more pronounced.

BASHBRO1
"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"
Dark Helmet

#20 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:52 PM

A Snipers Biggest Enemy ? Its me :nododgy:

needless to say i like to pwn "Snipers" :huh:
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#21 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• Stealin a pcinic baskets
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPADUDE99

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:05 PM

I would try to take out a commander, if you can tell, first. Some players may not know what to do in case of a sniper, and if someone their knowes. It's the commander.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#22 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:14 PM

The answer is EVERYONE. If they find you then you are sunk. :eck:
My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

#23 User is offline   crazyjoeog 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:crazyjoeog

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

I agree that another sniper, and yourself are your biggest threats.

Yourself meaning that if you get to caight up in the game and don't play your role, yull make a rookie mistake... We've all done it. Ive done it it happens. example, you just tagged your 3rd guy and you get all excited and move up right into a hammer and he blows you away. Always remember your tactics and check your self before you go through with any actions.

Anther sniper seing how that both of your are doing the same thing but on another field. Hell he may have a better ghillie than you, and you just may not see him. Opposing snipers may have a better team behind him and they could be in just the right position to end your spree.

#24 User is offline   withoutwarning 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHOUT WARNING

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

Im going to say another sniper is the snipers worst enemy. Your goal is to be sneaky and stealthy and take out guyquietly. The other sniper is trying to do the same thing. So if you dont know he's coming then essetialy your almost as helpless as the people your trying to pickoff. Because if they're sending a sniper after you chances are they already have an idea where you are and hes gonna be thinking like you any ways since he is a sniper as well.
Deprecor Terminus (Beg for the end)
Feedabck here
Boycotting cRap4 Since 29/06/2008 Heres Why

#25 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

The sniper's worst enemy is the guy with a pair of binoculars who can spot the sniper. Once you know where he is, you know his effective range and maneuvering capabilities. He then loses half of the advantage, and simply becomes a slow firing, rather accurate rifleman.

#26 Guest_Ninja 117_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hay man. I can guarantee you a snipers worst enemy is another sniper.

#27 User is offline   Dusty Roots 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:12 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Feb 18 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

A snipers worst enemy is himself. If he doesn't know his gear he's a threat to himself. If he overestimates his abilities, he's a threat to himself. If he doesn't practice patients he's a threat to himself. If he doesn't practice stealth/hiding he's a threat to himself.

Who's the snipers worst enemy on the other team? The guy that's slow, methodical and has sharp eyes.

Well said. The only person, who has held me back from excelling at the game I want to play, is myself. Conquering fears of being spotted, forcing Practice. Practice. Practice. Not getting cocky, taking time to figure "what" eliminated me, forcing myself to wait a moment further, than the perfect moment. I will admit my greatest fear in the bush, is another ghillie, especially the ones who dont talk much. We work our psycological magic on eachothers team before game. But during, not only do we work on the same turf, but we also engage on the same turf.

Of course theirs that guy who from the start of the game, calls your moves, stays on top of you, letting the world know where you are. I allways give kudos to that guy.

#28 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

View Postdeusexmachina55, on Feb 21 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

The sniper's worst enemy is the guy with a pair of binoculars who can spot the sniper. Once you know where he is, you know his effective range and maneuvering capabilities. He then loses half of the advantage, and simply becomes a slow firing, rather accurate rifleman.

For one who plays paintball with binoculars? I see people with scopes for that purpose but no binoculars. Another thing you got to think of is what if he really isnt the sniper. What if that is a distraction so you dont spot the real sniper. To me if someone knows what they are doing it will be harder to spot them than with just a pair of bincoulars.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#29 Guest_PhantomAssassin_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Well I would say the guy that's second in line after the pointman...If he has good eyes he could easily spot you.

#30 User is offline   izik 

• Pip
  • Brigade Name:lildrummerbo1

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:28 PM

i'd have to say that a sniper's worst enemy is either himself or a hammer.

the second man in a line shouldn't be a problem if the sniper shoots fast enough, everyone in a line are not that far apart
l'chaim: noun Hebrew. (luh-khah-yim)
a toast used in drinking to a person's health or well-being.

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users