• You cannot reply to this topic

Anti-Tank tactics playing a game with tanks soon Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

Just to get the Tactics Outpost off the ground again, What are your preferred methods for dealing with tanks? This is assuming a tank can only be destroyed by a direct grenade hit (we don't have any players with LAWs at our field)

Generally, we go for a diversion. everyone on the field directs their fire towards the tank's windshield. Other than drawing the attention of the driver and gunners, this thoroughly coats the windshield in a layer of paint, making it difficult to see out. We then have a small squad armed with grenades move in and take out the tank from very close range (squadbusters hardly ever work, so the closer the better :laugh: ). Can you think of any tactics that would work better, especially on skinny roads in the woods without much cover other than some bushes and buildings about forty feet from the road?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   EVERETTB2002 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ev

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:25 AM

use their size against them, as well as the influence they have on their team.
[QUOTE]
Sp-1 owner #2

#3 User is offline   Uncle R 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

Dig a hole in the middle of the road, get in it, bury urself, wait till the tank comes by. Death from below.

Warning: actually doing this might end in suffication or getting run over.
but hey, anything for the win, right?
Always Forward (Phil 3:12-14)

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle
-Psalm 144:1

#4 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

View PostUncle R, on Aug 31 2009, 08:58 PM, said:

Dig a hole in the middle of the road, get in it, bury urself, wait till the tank comes by. Death from below.

Warning: actually doing this might end in suffication or getting run over.
but hey, anything for the win, right?

Bah, if you're gonna get creative get up in/on the trees/roofs if there are any and try to chuck the grenades from there...:P

In reality though, if the tank has only a main "gun" that can only shoot in a view pattern in FRONT of the tank, try and take out the guys around it, preferably from a distance, and just get around it and use the grenades. If however it has a 360 degree turret, yeah, your plan seems to be bout the best you'll have, or you can combine the 2, and have a group hit the back and the front at the same time.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#5 User is offline   splntercell 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:splntercell

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

View PostEVERETTB2002@AOL.COM, on Aug 31 2009, 04:25 AM, said:

use their size against them, as well as the influence they have on their team.

To expand on this. Tanks have an affect on the side there on, it gives experienced players the ability to lead charges that they normally couldn't do. Use this to your advantage before you take the tank out get into a flanking position where the tank cant get you off to the side and wait for the op for to move up behind the tank. When they make there move take them out. Try to take out the experienced players first that are leading the charge. This can be more devastating to the other side then just taking out the tank really quick especially to the less experienced players.

This post has been edited by splntercell: 31 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

#6 User is offline   fatB2 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeadmanUJ

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

View PostHOUND1, on Aug 30 2009, 10:22 PM, said:

Just to get the Tactics Outpost off the ground again, What are your preferred methods for dealing with tanks? This is assuming a tank can only be destroyed by a direct grenade hit (we don't have any players with LAWs at our field)

Generally, we go for a diversion. everyone on the field directs their fire towards the tank's windshield. Other than drawing the attention of the driver and gunners, this thoroughly coats the windshield in a layer of paint, making it difficult to see out. We then have a small squad armed with grenades move in and take out the tank from very close range (squadbusters hardly ever work, so the closer the better :dodgy: ). Can you think of any tactics that would work better, especially on skinny roads in the woods without much cover other than some bushes and buildings about forty feet from the road?

Just for the record shooting up the front of the tank is only wasting paint. It does not make it harder to see if they used the right netting. Here is a picture of our tank all painted up an i can just fine out of it.
Attached File  1st_Strike_Nightstalkers09_017__2_.jpg (1.72MB)
Number of downloads: 26
Attached File  1st_Strike_Nightstalkers09_010__2_.jpg (1.61MB)
Number of downloads: 16
Tank drivers are a unique bunch: part motorhead, part airsmith, part driver and part sadist... and not always in equal parts.
Former Commander of THE Executioner tank
http://ultimatejudgement.yolasite.com/

#7 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

View PostfatB2, on Aug 31 2009, 10:45 PM, said:

Generally, we go for a diversion. everyone on the field directs their fire towards the tank's windshield. Other than drawing the attention of the driver and gunners, this thoroughly coats the windshield in a layer of paint, making it difficult to see out. We then have a small squad armed with grenades move in and take out the tank from very close range (squadbusters hardly ever work, so the closer the better :dodgy: ). Can you think of any tactics that would work better, especially on skinny roads in the woods without much cover other than some bushes and buildings about forty feet from the road?

Just for the record shooting up the front of the tank is only wasting paint. It does not make it harder to see if they used the right netting. Here is a picture of our tank all painted up an i can just fine out of it.
Attachment 1st_Stri..._017__2_.jpg
Attachment 1st_Stri..._010__2_.jpg

Right well, idk and i dont feel like pming at the moment, so i just wanna ask a few quick questions bout ur tank

1, thatd probably make you slimy/wetter than hell from all the spray going in

2, is that a main gun or the thing ur supposed to shoot that looks like a 40mm tube on the front?

3, was the slot in the passenger side for a side gunner besides the driver, or was that from people shooting it?
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#8 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Well, I was just at Splat Tag and they have a tank. The tank started harrasing our team and it went away, then when it came back, I hid behind a big tree and waited for it to pass then when the tank passed, I ran up and hit the back of the tank with a Squad Blaster and took the tank out. That seemed to work just fine. Hide, Wait for it to pass, then pop up and hit with a grenade or a rocket.
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#9 User is offline   fatB2 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:44 AM

View PostPrivate Silver, on Aug 31 2009, 11:09 PM, said:

View PostfatB2, on Aug 31 2009, 10:45 PM, said:

Generally, we go for a diversion. everyone on the field directs their fire towards the tank's windshield. Other than drawing the attention of the driver and gunners, this thoroughly coats the windshield in a layer of paint, making it difficult to see out. We then have a small squad armed with grenades move in and take out the tank from very close range (squadbusters hardly ever work, so the closer the better :laugh: ). Can you think of any tactics that would work better, especially on skinny roads in the woods without much cover other than some bushes and buildings about forty feet from the road?

Attachment 1st_Stri..._017__2_.jpg
Attachment 1st_Stri..._010__2_.jpg

Right well, idk and i dont feel like pming at the moment, so i just wanna ask a few quick questions bout ur tank

1, thatd probably make you slimy/wetter than hell from all the spray going in

2, is that a main gun or the thing ur supposed to shoot that looks like a 40mm tube on the front?

3, was the slot in the passenger side for a side gunner besides the driver, or was that from people shooting it?

1. Most of the paint stays on the out side of the tank.
2. Yes it is an nerf launcher.
3. That is a side gunners hole.
Attached File  1st_Strike_Nightstalkers09_020__2_.jpg (863.43K)
Number of downloads: 9
This is a picture of the tank crew afterwards. From left to right. Rear gunner Striker, front gunner Dozer, Driver Deadman, Tank walker Mouth.
As you can see we had very little paint on us.
Tank drivers are a unique bunch: part motorhead, part airsmith, part driver and part sadist... and not always in equal parts.

#10 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

yeah the tank we use is really just a converted van, and has hardly any netting, just safety glass with portholes for firing. plexiglass, unlike plastic, gets very gummed up with the extra oily "anti-cheating" (like it works :laugh: ) paint we use at our field.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

View PostMinnesota Sn1p3r, on Aug 31 2009, 10:18 PM, said:

Well, I was just at Splat Tag and they have a tank. The tank started harrasing our team and it went away, then when it came back, I hid behind a big tree and waited for it to pass then when the tank passed, I ran up and hit the back of the tank with a Squad Blaster and took the tank out. That seemed to work just fine. Hide, Wait for it to pass, then pop up and hit with a grenade or a rocket.

Sticky-bomb technique.... :(
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#12 User is offline   TippmanJack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

Tanks ruin paintball
I am a sad little child with low self-esteem and no life.
I fought the Mods...and the Mods won.

#13 User is offline   fatB2 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

View PostTippmanJack, on Sep 10 2009, 10:05 PM, said:

Tanks ruin paintball

How is that? In scenario's theres nothing better to help your side than a well run tank. Lots of people like watching tank on tank battles. Tanks add a different aspect to games making them more challenging and fun.

#14 User is offline   SSBlackAngel 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

View PostMinnesota Sn1p3r, on Aug 31 2009, 10:18 PM, said:

At alot of fields one grenade only disables a tank for 5 minutes. so when some guy runs up to me and nades me he still gets shot up good.

View PostTippmanJack, on Sep 10 2009, 09:05 PM, said:

Tanks ruin paintball

why is that? you think adding cool vehicles,mil sim guns, mortars ,rocket launchers ect is not good for paintball? then stick to speedball.
SS Brigadefuhrer A.Deckmann
The Black Korps 1.SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte
Proudly Sponsored by Angel Sports
MVT Skirmish Stalingrad 07,MVP Strategy Plus Russian Front 08
Join us! We are looking for some hardcore Scenario players
1.SS Pz Div forums

#15 User is offline   Shadowolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WOLF SHADOW

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

At my home area we have two teams. Legacy X, my team, has no tank, but the other guys pooled their money and bought a golf cart and made it nto a tank. We're thing about getting a large two seater go kart and adding a third higher up seat on the back and making it into a tank. But we played a team vs team match one day and they had there tank with them. It was a woodsball match that crossed over a meadow. We have two snipers on our team so we slipped on our ghili suits and waited in the grass, our entire team covered in it. The tank got right in the middle of us and there team broke the treeline. I and the other sniper took out the tank with a grenade and picked of the rest of the team from the grass. Not a person was lost that day.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users