• You cannot reply to this topic

First Night Scenario Need help. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sunzayle 

• Texas Roughneck
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Titan

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

My buddy and I are going to be heading to our first full weekend scenario game in a few weeks. Neither of us have ever played Paintball in the dark so we don't know what to expect or what we'll need.

Anyone have a general list of what is recommended for the Night games? I know some may say Night Vision but that's far too expensive and out of the question right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Titan

#2 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

Aside from all the usual scenario gear, there are just a few things that you might want to carry specifically for night play...

Flashlight....dont worry if you dont have a fancy gun-mounted tactical light - they're nice, but you can live without them. BUT bring a regular flashlight at least. At night, just walking off the field after being hit can be quite an adventure if you cant see where you are going. Dont forget extra batteries..
Bring a handfull of glow-sticks if you can. They have many uses on the night field - from marking hazardous areas, to decoys & signal "flares".

Other than that, just the regular gear list you would bring to any big event...

#3 User is offline   Sunzayle 

• Texas Roughneck
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Titan

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

I do have another question. I plan on making a trip out to D-Day next June for the whole week and I do plan to invest in some Night Vision of some kind whether it be Scope or Headset.. But I'm curious.. Are these things durable enough to take a hit from a paintball? I don't care to spend $500 for night vision then get hit with a paintball and have it bust or break.

-Titan

#4 User is offline   Chekotai86 

• Shadows of War Scenario Paintball Productions Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CHEKOTAI

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

Some NV can take a paintball hit, but the best option is to try to avoid getting it hit all together. They are sensitive pieces of equipment and can suffer some problems if hit too hard, too close, or too many times. You have to have a set up that will allow you to use it through your goggles though. The best system would have an eye relief of about 2 inches to allow for the lens getting in the way of your sight.

The best advice I can give you though is to learn to be quiet, crawl slowly, and avoid bright areas when the flares and fireworks go off. Other than that, good luck!
And Shepherds we shall be. For Thee, my Lord for Thee, Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filli, et Spiritu Sancti.

Shadows of War Paintball Scenario Productions

#5 User is offline   Trooper 772 

• Special Ops. Brigade, Hit me up on Myspace homes.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trooper 772

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

Stay away from light, stay in brush, thats what I do

If you use a flashlight and you see/hear someone, turn it off, and THEN find cover immediately, this way the enemy doesn't know exactly where you are exactly...
"Chop 'em Cousin."

#6 User is offline   poohbear13 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:POOHBEAR13

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

i just played my first night game a few days ago at AIR and it was great. my recomendations though are if you have yellow lenses bring them or buy some they are cheaper than nght vision and they help alot bring fog spray it is much easier to fog up in the cool night air. and be prepared to get hit from a lot shorter distance than your used to. night games are great as long as everybody has good sportsmanship if not its easy for tempurs to flare and bad blood to ensue. hope i helped and good luck.

#7 User is offline   MommyDawg 

• I am MEAN!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MommyDawg

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:02 PM

I just had my first night game last night. They didn't allow any night vision or personal lights except for walking on and off the field. Mainly make sure you have a mask that won't fog up and bring a rag to wipe the inside. Also be careful in slippery areas. And go lite if you can. If you don't need it on you, then don't take it. I spent a lot of time in the dirt, belly crawling or going on suicide runs. Not fun with tons of gear on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users