Special Ops Paintball: What to Get for your X7 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What to Get for your X7 Advise for those who just bought an X7 or are new to woodsball. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

I've seen new guys a wile back ask about what kind of items they should add to there X7's so I'll thow my advise in on add ons for a marker that is very versitle marker platform.

Most of my cash is tied up paying bills but I some how managed to find add on's for my X7 that allow me to be mission flexible.

Stocks: Stocks are a nice solid brace that can stableize your shooting platform and make you better at hitting targets. Folding stocks and retractable are uselay your best bet over solid stocks because folding and/or retractable can adapt for the shooters arm length to make it more comfterble. The added benifit is that you can also make it more compact for when you enter a small space were a solid type is not your best bet.

Sights and top deck : As I learned, useing your sight with and with out a mask on is major. The spec ops vid "Fear the Sniper" they made mention of a dog leg stock wich in my opinion isn't good because it compromises flexibleaty. You can use a sight riser to make up for the mask and stock and if it's adusted right, you can deliver almost dead on shots. A stove pipe hopper is a nice feature but be warned that it will up your profile a bit.

Barrels: If you also carry or own an A5, not to worry. The X7 is a pimped out A5 with a more mil-sim look and feel. Your A5 barrels are interchangeable with the X7 except for the flatline barrels.

Shrouds and handgaurds: When I first used my X7 the mounting rails were a bit weired because I was so use to holding an A5. If you don't have the cash to buy a diffrent shroud, then getting a front grip is your best move and allows for a more natural feel. The stock shroud is good thing to keep. For all you scenario freaks, it allows for the mounting of lights and laser sights, bipods and even grenade launchers.

Slings: From my experience with the A5, a sling can be a life saver if you have to use both hands for a task and not worry about messing up toyr remote line or putting your marker on the ground were it can be damaged, lost or even stolen. A 3-point sling is the best one possible because it allows you to keep your marker in the ready position in the event you need to bring it up and shoot or if you have to let it go to pull a side arm.

Remote lines: If your out in the feiled all day or no ware near a place to fill up, then a large tank is your best bet, but haveing it directly mounted to your marker is at times a bad idea because it can throw off the balence. It may be good for speedball, but it's dumb for woodsball. A remote line is better suited for keeping the marker balenced easyier to carry but becareful that it woun't get snagged on something.

Useing airsoft or military weapons addons with a paintball marker?: Yes, if you play airsoft or used military weapons and gear, then rest assured. The X7 works with the industy standard 20mm RIS rails system, so you can add grips and other military compatable weapons attachments to your X7 as you would your actual weapon or airsoft gun.

With that said let me know your opinions.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:56 AM

good post..but shouldn't it be in the marker section, not the brigade?
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#3 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:07 PM

I think so. I was trying to reach the hole brigade but I may have miss the right part to post tbis. maybe admin. will be kind enough to move it with out penalizeing me.

#4 User is offline   Sideshow 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sidesh0w

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:31 PM

Best way to answer.... www.x7og.net

The X7 Operators Group

#5 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

View PostSideshow, on Dec 2 2008, 01:31 AM, said:

Best way to answer.... www.x7og.net

The X7 Operators Group

dude, you on the og? I made this post on there aswell for those that just have the SO and not on x7og.

#6 User is offline   MotoSL 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on Dec 5 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

dude, you on the og?

That's funny! Yeah he's on it... he's a mod or an admin (forgot).

You missed some critical components, bro;

Cyclone upgrades? Internals? no mention of an APE Board (or E-Grip/RT for that matter).

And just so you know, I run a Crossfire 68/4500 dropped with a CP ASA that is beautifully balanced. It's a big tank and I don't consider it dumb. But I'm the type that will put painter's tape all over my marker, wear flip flops and a tu-tu and still be more competitive than the guy who puts on camo makeup THEN puts his mask on. I leave image concern to the "fashion show soldiers" before the game. What the popular camo pattern this month? haha!

2 points for attempt, though. :alien:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users