Special Ops Paintball: First Strike precision mods and rifled barrels - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First Strike precision mods and rifled barrels Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GUBMENT SNIPER

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Ok, I was looking on the Tiberius Arms forum looking for a guide for their new adjustable rail and i stumbled onto a post that mentioned a mod you can do to remove the defects from fs rounds and supposedly improve their accuracy. One of the mods was called "hot water tube mod". What I would like to know is what the heck is the hot water mod and what are other minor mods that can improve performance without it being illegal? I heard that shaking Fs rounds to mix the paint helps as well. Another thing is the new rifled fs barrel tiberius just released, I heard that it makes a big difference but also heard from this forum on another post I made a while back that rifled barrels don't change squat when it comes to FS rounds. so which is it? thanks in advance!!

P.S. hopefully I will be able to post new info on my other post like the one about zeroing with FS rounds after this weekend so you all can refer for it for reference.
"why does that bush have eyes?"

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

View Postgubment_man, on 16 March 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Ok, I was looking on the Tiberius Arms forum looking for a guide for their new adjustable rail and i stumbled onto a post that mentioned a mod you can do to remove the defects from fs rounds and supposedly improve their accuracy. One of the mods was called "hot water tube mod". What I would like to know is what the heck is the hot water mod and what are other minor mods that can improve performance without it being illegal? I heard that shaking Fs rounds to mix the paint helps as well. Another thing is the new rifled fs barrel tiberius just released, I heard that it makes a big difference but also heard from this forum on another post I made a while back that rifled barrels don't change squat when it comes to FS rounds. so which is it? thanks in advance!!

P.S. hopefully I will be able to post new info on my other post like the one about zeroing with FS rounds after this weekend so you all can refer for it for reference.

Other rifled barrels had either rifling in the opposite direction, the wrong size of rifling or both for use with first strike rounds. The new tiberius barrels should be matched for them, specifically.

Not sure if the new ones actually improve them or not, though.

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

heard of those barrels, cant image that they dont increase drag and friction
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 16 March 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

heard of those barrels, cant image that they dont increase drag and friction

That'd be the point - use a little more air, but get, presumably, a more stable spin from the FS rounds.

#5 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

Logically speaking, a rifled barrel (in the firearm sense) puts spin on the projectile. This spin gives it greater stability in flight (by the gyroscope effect) and gives it a greater range and accuracy. The first strike round in essence do indeed give it spin in flight just by thier design. Which means that a properly rifled barrel, one to match the fin design EXACTLY could indeed create a better and more stable spin. I use FS rounds, and I can honestly say I've never had a DUD yet. Every one I've ever put into my mags were made exactly like the previous. Now I don't know down to the smallest detail of the fins, and that may have an effect on how the spin works. But I would think, if made properly, a rifled barrel would work wonders with these already amazing projectiles (it's hard to call them paintballs)

#6 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think the precise rifle pattern is most likely the case with the barrel. What I would like to know is, will similar effects occur with any rifled barrel? This can be helpful for those who don't have tiberius markers but still use FS rounds. Also, I want to know about the mod I mentioned above, I looked all over and haven't found a lead yet.

#7 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

I can't seem to find anything on this "hot water tube mod" anywhere. What is it supposed to do?

as for other mods, the one thing I noticed when comparing my T8 to my T8.1 and then when I got the First Strike upgrade kit for my T8, is that the plunger that propells the rounds is actually narrower than a normal plunger. it fits nicely inside of the fin of the FS round. I fired a few rounds out of my Tippmann 98c by breech loading them (before I sold it) and I noticed that every so often it would wobble a little, and I'm assuming that it's not hitting it perfectly on the inside of that fin, causing them to wobble. Maybe there's a way to slightly modify the plunger to fit better inside of that FS round. Just a suggestion, not a tried or true meathod, so don't go do it without taking alot of consideration and being VERY VERY carefull. (oh, and don't blame me if it don't work :P)

This post has been edited by kaosukoden: 17 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

#8 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Here you go!
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#9 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

that post on techpb forum is quite interesting... I can't wait to see if/when he actually does the test. If this does work like he says, I'm almost tempted to send an email to the guys at Tiberius and see what they say, and what other suggestions they've had come in or they have in house.

#10 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

thanks for the link. That makes sense,on the tiberius forum I heard someone mention doing this with 10 round tubes or the tubes the fs rounds come in. now have anyone heard of other mods or know if a rifled barrel other than the new one from tiberius will improve the performance to fs rounds?

#11 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:17 AM

According to this, the HH Sharktooth barrel improves FSR accuracy.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#12 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

I went out with my fsr today and used my friends CMI tru-flight rifled barrel and I didnt see much difference from my CP tactical. Im considering contacting hammerhead and ask them have they did any testing with FS rounds. I also remember hearing that hammerheads have to be used at certain velocities in order to work as claimed so maybe their will be a connection between the barrel rifling and the FS round, but that is just me thinking out loud at the moment. It would be nice if their was tiberius to x thread adapter.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users