Special Ops Paintball: New Paintball Manufacturer - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Paintball Manufacturer Innovative Concepts Paintball Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Eskimo 

  • Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,319
  • Joined: 05-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Whitby Canada.
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image


Pretty cool, they want to make a titanium marker and have a Dual trigger system with two activation micro switches to the solenoid.


http://icpaintball.com/#/information/

as pointed on another forum, this REALLY doesnt sound like a selling point to me... at all, I think if they really want to make a splash they are going to need a marker which is reliable, durable, consistent and legal in your tournament scene.

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Moonstruck 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 01-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Killeen, TX
  • Brigade Name:Moonstruck

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

So one of their primary selling points is that it's banned from the NPPL? Their 'low end' marker for beginners can shoot twenty balls a second?

What the heck are these guys thinking? Handing a first-time player a paint hose might get them to come back and play some more, but what about the other first-timers that get lit up because they couldn't afford their own gear and were unlucky enough to get placed on the team opposing lil' mister/miss paint thrower? How many fields will even let you use a marker like that?

In my opinion, this has 'asinine' written all over it. It seems to me for the moment (as opinions can always change) that the only people who will buy these things are either players just getting into the game that don't know any better, or the players that let themselves get wrapped up into the stupid contest that is the rate of fire in paintball.
0

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

  • Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 01-March 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:254 Texas

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

if i had the time and money, id buy this high end version tht shoots 50+ bps and make a tank for it to by housed in, or maybe a fixed implacement tht can b controld by either side
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre
0

#4 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

  • The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,296
  • Joined: 23-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Albert, AB
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 10 June 2011 - 12:53 AM, said:

if i had the time and money, id buy this high end version tht shoots 50+ bps and make a tank for it to by housed in, or maybe a fixed implacement tht can b controld by either side


But what would you feed it with? A nothing has really been tested to that, though a Qloader might* pull it off. And you'd be empty in 2 seconds. Woops.
0

#5 User is offline   Legato 

  • AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 8,771
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford, Massachusetts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

I am more then happy to have another company in the mix. They just need to tweak their designs. Happy to see the maker of the Osiris doing stuff again. Saw this post on Girl Paintballer FB page. Yeah it isn't tourney legal, but neither were all the firing modes most markers came with for years. This could be a good thing. Can';t really be mad about another company coming into the scene. The more the merrier. Ya know? just means business is well

View PostMoonstruck, on 09 June 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

So one of their primary selling points is that it's banned from the NPPL? Their 'low end' marker for beginners can shoot twenty balls a second?

What the heck are these guys thinking? Handing a first-time player a paint hose might get them to come back and play some more, but what about the other first-timers that get lit up because they couldn't afford their own gear and were unlucky enough to get placed on the team opposing lil' mister/miss paint thrower? How many fields will even let you use a marker like that?

In my opinion, this has 'asinine' written all over it. It seems to me for the moment (as opinions can always change) that the only people who will buy these things are either players just getting into the game that don't know any better, or the players that let themselves get wrapped up into the stupid contest that is the rate of fire in paintball.


You realize that the Ion from SP did the exact same thing right. No longer would people need to spend $500+ to get an electro that could shoot 15+ bps...now they could spend $200 and any newbie could have it. And the exact thing happened you are talking about. You can't change that though. At least it draws people into the sport and lets them think they are competetive now. No one wants to start with a 98 against all electros. When you first start and you see them firing so fast you feel totally outgunned. Wiht a cheap electtro at least they feel they can somewhat keep up
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT
0

#6 User is offline   Moonstruck 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 01-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Killeen, TX
  • Brigade Name:Moonstruck

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

View PostLegato, on 10 June 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

You realize that the Ion from SP did the exact same thing right. No longer would people need to spend $500+ to get an electro that could shoot 15+ bps...now they could spend $200 and any newbie could have it. And the exact thing happened you are talking about. You can't change that though. At least it draws people into the sport and lets them think they are competitive now. No one wants to start with a 98 against all electros. When you first start and you see them firing so fast you feel totally outgunned. With a cheap electro at least they feel they can somewhat keep up


I suppose that's true. That didn't occur to me, thanks for the other point of view. Then again, I'm one of those masochistic SOBs that you could hand a Wal-Mart special and he'd still rock it against a team of electros. Maybe (I.E. Probably) not terribly effectively, but I'd do it.

But yes, I can see why a new player would do that. Thanks, Legato. Though personally, if I were getting into the game and picked one of those up... I'd probably be excited up until I saw the receipt for all the paint I bought.
0

#7 User is offline   Legato 

  • AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 8,771
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford, Massachusetts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

Well the sad thing about those ions was the little kid ripping with it never saw the receipt, cause mommy and daddy always paid for it. So they just kept hosing and hosing. You don't learn how to play really until you have played a few years in the sport. Eventaully as you mature in the sport you start to change your playing style and most tone down a bit.

I used to rock an RT"d A5, then i egripped it and hosed like no tomorrow, now i haven't used a semi auto in over 4 years, i have been strictly Stock Class pump play, against all markers, whether they are electros in speedball or milsimed tippys. Things change, you find out what you really want from the game. I no longer enjoy hosing paint and waiting for a stream to hit someone, i much prefer to be up in front of the action within eye site of my targets, where my one shot has a far better chance of hitting. Yeah the price of paint has a lot to do with not wanting to shoot much, but so does the effort involved in getting the elimnation.

Personally i think every player should start with an old beat up pump. All my friends and i did. And it sucked. They were horrible, but forced us to learn and made us go out and buy better markers. Was a good way to get us into the sport. We learned about it's past, how the old guys played, and when going against guys with DM4's (This is when they were brand new :o ) we quickly learned we needed to up our armory if we were to compete. I am glad Jack started me off in a pump though, cause i realized the value of firepower. When you start with an electro you don't know what you are walking into. It is like giving a kid a Lambourghini as his first car instead of a honda civic. They don't realize how great they have it.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT
0

#8 User is offline   Pirate 

  • I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,592
  • Joined: 17-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Fight Four Oh!
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

What happens when you pull both triggers at the same time?
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83
0

#9 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:53 AM

I find it interesting to see how this develops. Not so much because I want one, but because I always like seeing variety in the sport and any new idea is at least worth looking at and seeing how it handles on its own. I wish them the best and we'll see how they do.

View PostPirate, on 11 June 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

What happens when you pull both triggers at the same time?


You sir have the right mindset for a future career in product testing. Too many people want to test something by using it as intended, not by what can accidentally happen or what an idiot could do by themselves using it a different way.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

#10 User is offline   Legato 

  • AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 8,771
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford, Massachusetts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

View PostThalion, on 11 June 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

I find it interesting to see how this develops. Not so much because I want one, but because I always like seeing variety in the sport and any new idea is at least worth looking at and seeing how it handles on its own. I wish them the best and we'll see how they do.

View PostPirate, on 11 June 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

What happens when you pull both triggers at the same time?
You sir have the right mindset for a future career in product testing. Too many people want to test something by using it as intended, not by what can accidentally happen or what an idiot could do by themselves using it a different way.
I think that is why most software companies just releases updates with little testing behind. Why pay a guy $40 an hour to test how it should work, when you can have John Q Smith test it for free. He is guarenteed to mess something up by doing something he shouldn't, he is the public, he is an idiot...anyone working retail can tell you that. Then you just patch the issues found later.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

This post has been edited by Legato: 11 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT
0

#11 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

View PostLegato, on 11 June 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

I think that is why most software companies just releases updates with little testing behind. Why pay a guy $40 an hour to test how it should work, when you can have John Q Smith test it for free. He is guarenteed to mess something up by doing something he shouldn't, he is the public, he is an idiot...anyone working retail can tell you that. Then you just patch the issues found later.


As someone who does network/systems administration for customer environments, I fully know that John Q Smith is a moron who will do horrible, horrible things if left to their own devices.


The problem with that testing mindset is liability that may (if any) arrive from misuse/problems caused. Then again, that's why most objects have really angry disclaimers all over them and/or their packaging. As a result, there really is a lot of testing that goes into applications with a higher risk/liability associated with them (such as the software for medical equipment, there was a big big lawsuit way back about some cancer-treatment radiation gear that had some bad code that scared everyone working remotely in that field), and those learning computer science get exposed to the ideas of how to test their stuff. It's just the lower-end "oh well, that sucks" stuff that gets ignored and tested by the public.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users